Mike Ashley lookalike attacked by Toon fans

Aphrodite

Just another excuse for another marathon media killing spree!

Surprised they didn't make more of us being 'lager louts that attend games just to shout abuse at a family man and attack his children' after ashley's statement. Saying that, perhaps they did, I just havn't been sucked in to buying their pages of bullshit.

I see Northumbria Police didn't give any advice about a threat to Ashley at the match:

Northumbria Police have denied they told Ashley to steer clear of the Hull match due to the Tyneside unrest. "We gave no formal advice to Mr Ashley about not attending Saturday's game," a spokesman said. "It is not our place to do so."

I see Northumbria Police didn't give any advice about a threat to Ashley at the match:

Northumbria Police have denied they told Ashley to steer clear of the Hull match due to the Tyneside unrest. "We gave no formal advice to Mr Ashley about not attending Saturday's game," a spokesman said. "It is not our place to do so."

And......?

Ashley never said he did did he?  All he said was that he was advised not to go. That may have been from colleagues, or iirc, he was told not to turn up or join the travelling support in statements made by the fucking fanzines themselves. Not a threat of course, as they never specifed what would happen if he did.  :rolleyes:

And......?

Ashley never said he did did he?  All he said was that he was advised not to go. That may have been from colleagues, or iirc, he was told not to turn up or join the travelling support in statements made by the f***ing fanzines themselves. Not a threat of course, as they never specifed what would happen if he did.  :rolleyes:

We played Hull City at St James Park. Leaving that aside, one draws one's own conclusions on his comments, which were not made in the light of Police advice, which body has access to all the sources we do, probably more, and is responsible for public safety at the event, including Ashley's.

Guest guinness_fiend

Er... yes it is.  The police regularly advise people not to attend certain events, especially when it is public knowledge that a witch hunt will likely take place on a certain day.

In any case, given that the police tend not to know their arse from their elbow at the best of times, it is hardly far-fetched to imagine that a local bobby (or those who patrol around the ground) may have said something.