Whoring the club around

Guest Howaythetoon

The man is a walking advert for desperation which will only entice the wrong kind of would be buyers. I'm embarrassed to fuck by all of this so god knows what serious money men are thinking.

I'm sure the serious money men have far more significant financial proposals to think about like the SaveNewcastle.com initiative.

I can't help wondering how much more desperate Ashley will get over the next few days as the money markets and the general state of the economy makes things even tighter for him. He must be gutted.

:D

Guest optimistic nit

I'm embarrassed to fuck by all of this so god knows what serious money men are thinking.

if we cared what they thought we probably shouldn't have had that massive protest

I can't help wondering how much more desperate Ashley will get over the next few days as the money markets and the general state of the economy makes things even tighter for him. He must be gutted.

The one thing that nags at me is: would he give a fuck if the whole thing went down the pan and he didnt get a penny back and put the whole thing down as a huge loss ?

Praying that breaking even is the worst that he will accept because if he is prepared to lose the whole lot we are well and truly fucked.

The one thing that nags at me is: would he give a fuck if the whole thing went down the pan and he didnt get a penny back and put the whole thing down as a huge loss ?

Praying that breaking even is the worst that he will accept because if he is prepared to lose the whole lot we are well and truly fucked.

Of course he would man, howay. He's got a quarter of his entire personal wealth in the club or something daft.

I don't understand.

You said you wanted him out, he said "OK, I'll go when i find a buyer" and he is now looking for a buyer.

I fucking wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Now people turn around and complain when he acts like what you've been telling him he is - a businessman with no attachment to the club - and tries to maximise his profit.

Does. Not. Compute.

Of course he's not willing to lose the whole lot, do you think he's f'ing mental or what?  We're talking about hundreds of millions of pounds here.

Anyone loopy enough to buy a football club without doing due diligence, and then proceed to appoint Dennis Wise only days after appointing Kevin Keegan is a borderline psycho anyway. He may very well just hold on to the club and ride the storm out for a couple of years. We could have a Doug Ellis situation on our hands where no investors want to come near the club for a while, and where the fans are unable to shift Ashley as a result.

I don't understand.

You said you wanted him out, he said "OK, I'll go when i find a buyer" and he is now looking for a buyer.

I fucking wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Now people turn around and complain when he acts like what you've been telling him he is - a businessman with no attachment to the club - and tries to maximise his profit.

Does. Not. Compute.

Can you not see potential parallels here though brummie between Ashley & Ellis?

Of course he would man, howay. He's got a quarter of his entire personal wealth in the club or something daft.

I know its a ludicrous theory and I honestly dont believe it. I just cannot work out what the hell he is trying to do cos its for certain that he isnt increasing the clubs value

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

:clap:

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

You really couldn't make it up could you.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

That's far too logical for a lot of people around here mate.  And if they weren't complaining about this they'd just be complaining about something else.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

Can you not see potential parallels here though brummie between Ashley & Ellis?

Not in the most important sense, no.

We spent decades - literally, decades - telling him to fuck off and sell the club to someone who was interested in something other than his ego. He refused and said he'd leave VP "in a box". In the end, he won. It took 20 years to shift him, and he only sold because his health was so poor he was practically dead.

He won.

With Ashley you started telling him to get out of your club, what, two weeks ago? And he's said he will sell.

At the end of the day, he's buckled incredibly quickly. It seems that a lot of the concern is that he's asking too much, or he's going to sell to people who might not necessarily be any better than he is.

There's a chance that may happen, but there's a chance it might not. Either way, you can hardly blame Ashley for wanting to get as much profit out of it as he can, and for not really worrying too much about who he sells to.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

That is exactly what has happened. :nods:

Some people are only happy when they've got something to be miserable about.

I was reading another forum earlier and someone was suggesting that he shouldn't ask too much for the club as "Every pound someone has to pay to buy it is a pound less we have to spend on transfers" as if he owes us a favour after the protests to get him out. :lol:

I don't understand.

I f***ing wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Does. Not. Compute.

It looks like he'll never be able to do what some people want, even when he does.  :lol:

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

Look who started the thread though.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

If it was a case that he said he was selling the club but the Manager and team could just carry on detached from that side of things then that would be fine.

But we have lost our manager and are now for up for sale, all within 2 weeks.

I agree with what you say but if your saying we should be happy then I am afraid nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

You really couldn't make it up could you.

If he had been sitting back doing nothing, you can bet HTT would be whinging about his lack of doing anything to sell the club.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

Maybe it would have been as easy to get Ellis out had you actually tried to remove him, just a thought there.

As for the last line, does not compute just about sums up your point.  You seem to be saying that because some people think he's a business man with no attachment to the club they shouldn't complain about him actually being a businessman with no attachment to the club, how does that make sense?  Those people simply feel that they've now been proven right.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

Maybe it would have been as easy to get Ellis out had you actually tried to remove him, just a thought there.

As for the last line, why should people be happy that he's proven them right when they say he doesn't give a shit about the club?  Are you trying to say people should say "See I told you he didn't care.. good on him!!", yeah does not compute alright.

You really think the Villa fans didn't try and get rid of Ellis?

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

As for the last line, why should people be happy that he's proven them right when they say he doesn't give a shit about the club?  Are you trying to say people should say "See I told you he didn't care.. good on him!!", yeah does not compute alright.

Whilst the complaining would have continued, I think Newcastle fans would have preferred if Ashley had at least tried to dig his heels in like Ellis did.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

Whilst the complaining would have continued, I think Newcastle fans would have preferred if Ashley had at least tried to dig his heels in like Ellis did.

Perhaps they should have thought of that before telling him to fuck off