No new owner by Febuary 1st = relegation?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley wont invest in this team in January, and it needs investment, alot of investment. I also think as long as Ashley is here there will be uncertainty and turmoil here which will effect performances like it is today and like it did last week. I can see us going down if Ashley isnt gone tbh. I mean who would manage here when they know they wont get backed? It will prob be Hughton full time until Ashley sells which if the past 2 weeks are anything to go by, isnt good.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Depends if Hughton is still in charge. I would actually rather have Dennis Wise as manager over Hughton, because he'd do a better job and we wouldn't get relegated with him in charge.

the teams not bad you mug. this is a team that drew with man u away with injuries. it is a lack of direction and an inbred which is the problem. what we need is a manger

Did you even read my post? Before calling someone a mug read that i said we will stuggle to get a manager due to the fact that Ashley wont invest. Also those reasons you stated will persist while Ashley is here, without question.

Depends if Hughton is still in charge. I would actually rather have Dennis Wise as manager over Hughton, because he'd do a better job and we wouldn't get relegated with him in charge.

You must be out of your mind !!!!!! Wise should not be anyway near the team. Hughton is not the solution either so we are well and truly f**ked.

You must be out of your mind !!!!!! Wise should not be anyway near the team. Hughton is not the solution either so we are well and truly f**ked.

In all honest. Out of two evils that could manage the club until February 1. Wise is the most "qualified" manager of the two. Even if he's a fucking midget.

Guest Stephen927

We'll struggle massively if the team selection carries on the same way. We'll probably go down if things carry on the same way.

On the positive side, our next two fixtures are at home, so with a bit support and a bit of luck we can hopefully carry some momentum going into the trip to Everton.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Wise had a hand in bringing some of the players in apparantly. Making him interim manager until we get a new owner would be a good move for the club imo. He's a better manager than Hughton. No doubt the fans will go apeshit like the fucking mongs they are, but if we want to progress while Ashley is still owner I think that would be a damage limitation move ie avoiding relegation. Wise can deal with the hostility.

Guest Stephen927

Wise had a hand in bringing some of the players in apparantly. Making him interim manager until we get a new owner would be a good move for the club imo. He's a better manager than Hughton. No doubt the fans will go apeshit like the f***ing mongs they are, but if we want to progress while Ashley is still owner I think that would be a damage limitation move ie avoiding relegation. Wise can deal with the hostility.

Agreed. Only concern is as you say with the fan reaction which could pile more pressure onto the players.

This. At the moment I can't pass any judgement on what we'll do this season, as the two teams picked by Hughton have been absolutely scandalous. I would like to see us start a game with four midfielders before making any calls tbh. Hughton has cost us 6 points.

Guest The Libertine

Wise had a hand in bringing some of the players in apparantly. Making him interim manager until we get a new owner would be a good move for the club imo. He's a better manager than Hughton. No doubt the fans will go apeshit like the fucking mongs they are, but if we want to progress while Ashley is still owner I think that would be a damage limitation move ie avoiding relegation. Wise can deal with the hostility.

concurred.

Whats with the 'will you take 17th place if offered' and 'no owner by February 1st = relagation' threads? The season is still early and there are positives showing if people open their eyes. How many seasons have we started off poorly but come out at the end fighting?

As i said the other day, grow some fucking balls!

concurred.

As much I am not a fan of wise, i also agreed that he is probably best  placed to take over the team

I hate to say it but .... I think we are already down. No manager worth his salt will come here whilst  the club is in the throws of being sold and no one will buy while we are such turmoil. Ashley won’t take a loss on this and any potential buyer will be waiting for him to drop his price ….. and we are on the way down. 100% shagged

Whats with the 'will you take 17th place if offered' and 'no owner by February 1st = relagation' threads? The season is still early and there are positives showing if people open their eyes. How many seasons have we started off poorly but come out at the end fighting?

We have an owner who wants out and until then wont invest, we as things stand cant attract a buyer, or so it would seem at least. We are without a manager and with Ashley here we wont get one that already isnt part of the club. We are in a considerably worse position now than we were last year.

Guest The Libertine

Dennis Wise as manager of NUFC. Truly a disturbing thought.

Chris Hughton as caretaker manager of NUFC.  a truly disturbing reality.

We have an owner who wants out and until then wont invest, we as things stand cant attract a buyer, or so it would seem at least. We are without a manager and with Ashley here we wont get one that already isnt part of the club. We are in a considerably worse position now than we were last year.

Personally, I don't think Ashley WANTS to get out, but I do agree that he doesn't want the level of anger and hatred that has been around the club since Keegan decided to walk away (again).

Think we'll appoint a so-so interim manager on a season-long contract to ensure we stay up and, given the quality of our squad, push for a decent league placing. Think this NUSC group have a lot of bridge-building to do with the local team and the people in charge if we're ever going to see a positive outcome from this scenario

As i said the other day, grow some f***ing balls!

Wake up and smell the coffee mate. We’ve got no manager, an owner who wants out, we’ve just been “gubbed” by one of the worst teams in the Premiership and last week we lost at home to Hull City!

We don’t need f***ing balls we need a f***ing miracle!

i'd take Venables or Hoddle atm, contract to the end of the season. there must be some other managers out there willing to come here on a short-term basis.

ashley mightve been better advised to keep talk of takeovers secret tbh, doesnt help us one bit to release a 1600 word letter outlining why he wants out.

Dennis Wise as manager of NUFC. Truly a disturbing thought.

Chris Hughton as caretaker manager of NUFC.  a truly disturbing reality.

Hughton although admittedly out of his death is not as odious as the poisoned rodent. Fans should have a decent relationship with the manager of their club - won't happen if Wise is in charge.