What do people want from KK?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Had he stayed as some are suggesting he should have done, what ever for? The club would still be in a mess, the lies and ineptness would still exist, only the one man we can all trust would have been helping to hide it, and against his will. He walked people, deal with it. Accept the fact that Ashley and co have screwed up and are not right for this club, with KK here or no KK, that is the overriding feeling I'm getting from all of this. KK like we are have been caught up in it all. If it wasn't KK it would have been Big Sam had they not sacked him or some other poor fucker. I'm fucked off and riled right up but I am confident good will come from all this eventually. This has all happened for a reason.

Loyalty.

Too late now, he had his chance.

It will all come out eventually. I just hope the faith in Ashley isnt unfounded.

Again, Not much faith in Ashley either here. Just a lot of misplaced trust in Keegan. Very disapointed by the man.

Guest The Libertine

a "sorry" would be a start. i doubt we'll ever get it however.

Bless

its essentially what you said in the post above mine.

To not walk anytime someone does something will be a good start.

give over. He was quite right to walk, from his point of view. And from ours, he's exposed that crowd running the club for the 3rd rate amateurs that they have been since day 1.

I'd like him to address the fans in person, be it on TV or in a statement like Ashley's...but NOT hiding behind the LMA.

I'd also like him to tell us the Ronaldinho, Henry, Lampard, etc. stories are a load of b*llocks too, but I won't hold my breath on that one actually.

Please dont tell us you believe that

I'd like him to address the fans in person, be it on TV or in a statement like Ashley's...but NOT hiding behind the LMA.

I'd also like him to tell us the Ronaldinho, Henry, Lampard, etc. stories are a load of b*llocks too, but I won't hold my breath on that one actually.

I do. It had a deny it if you dare ring to it. The same article mentioned Riise, Dunne and Woodgate which also seemed to ring true...."wheres the residual value in those"

I do. It had a deny it if you dare ring to it. The same article mentioned Riise, Dunne and Woodgate which also seemed to ring true...."wheres the residual value in those"

But Lampard man... you really think Kevin is so deluded he thought he could pull Lampard away from Champions League football, probably the Champions elect for this season, and even from the clutches of Jose and Inter Milan.

But Lampard man... you really think Kevin is so deluded he thought he could pull Lampard away from Champions League football, probably the Champions elect for this season, and even from the clutches of Jose and Inter Milan.

Completelty see your point - i wont dare have the audacity to say yeh he did want Lampard and he did genuinely believe he could get him.....although....there would of been no tranfer fee with Lampy... ;)

Some of the thing that were said earlierin the sumer gave me the impression that he may of thought that money was no object - i certainly got that impression from some interviews...who's to say.

All im saying is that my gut tells me there is something in that story - you dont let a slanderous story pass you by to be the bigger man. theres laws to help you from that.

To not walk anytime someone does something will be a good start.

give over. He was quite right to walk, from his point of view. And from ours, he's exposed that crowd running the club for the 3rd rate amateurs that they have been since day 1.

He could've done that without walking you know :)

Although he had the right to walk, he must've known the kind of shit the club would go into if he does that, what happend to putting the  club and the fans first?..most of us despise our jobs, we don't just walk from it as much as i like Keegan i think it would've been far better for everyone if  he just went public about what the club was doing behind his back, then he would've won us the fans and the media, and made Ashley re-think about what he's  doing, at the moment we have:

1-No Manager

2-Half Hearted players

3-Angry fan

And an Owner who so confused he actually acts like how a 3 yearold would act when his mum yells at him.

It might be Ashley's actions that caused it, but make no mistake about it was him leaving that started this shit.

Keegan was never anyone's fool, and its disrespectful of someone who is still clearly a very good manager to be claiming he's "lost it", but I can easily see any of those targets being on a "wish list" of sorts given their situations earlier on in the summer.

Ronaldinho - finished as a world star, linked heavily to Thaksin's Man City, so why on earth would he be an impossibility/crazy target?

Lampard - threatening to leave if he doesn't get a new, lengthy, highly paid contract, in his final year of the contract. Especially with a new manager at the helm who had just brought in Deco.

Thierry Henry - struggled with Barcelona, doesn't fit in there, isnt that important at all to their first team, hasn't adapted well to La Liga, etc etc.

It's not the target who is unreastic, but the amount of money required to get them here. If contract negotiations with Chelsea had stalled, and we offered Chelsea £20m, Frank Lampard a 4 year contract on £220k per week and a signing bonus of lets say £8m, would he come here? Probably. Noone would have predicted Robinho choosing Man City after protracted interest from Chelsea as an example. Money clearly talks. And maybe Keegan was promised one or two big transfers if the right players were available, but hadn't realised that Ashley/Llambias/Mort/Wise/whoever were only willing to fund that sort of transfer unless it was someone with a good shelf life?

And if Keegan had assumed we had big money to spend because of Ashley bankrolling the club, is it not plausible that they might be on some sort of wishlist of Keegan's? A list which includes a fair few realistic targets, but also a few big money ones that Keegan would love to have if the tiniest of windows opened and the chance/financing was there?

The point is that I dont see why this has to be a two sides of the coin type of debate. I disagree that the only two possibilities in this instance are that either these players were on the list and Keegan was bonkers, or someone at the club was lying (or maybe the reporter with the anonymous club insider?). Its perfectly possible and reasonable for Keegan to have a list of players that could have constituted both realistic and borderline unrealistic targets (big name players who might be possibilities in certain circumstances), without him being off his rocker.

No I don't. But since the club has alledged he did, you'd have thought he'd want to set the record straight and reassure his fans it was a load of b*llocks, because there will be people who do believe it.