Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

The point that is being made is not that they are great business men, rather we don't know anything about them, so we are unwilling to judge.

You seem willing to judge them on the place they are from, which is quite frankley pathetic.

Before you call someone a pillock in future, look in the mirror.

You may be willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater pal - I'm NOT

I want people who will IMPROVE the club

You seem frightened of being evenly marginally accused of racism - the club comes first (or should)

The total lack of self-knowledge is quite impressive, in a dumb kind of way.

Self knowledge...jesus wept.

They should have a health warning on your keyboard pal.

Yeah, it would say: "Butt-fuckingly stupid internet bigots can be harmful to your club."

It's going to be difficult to find out what collateral any buyer has, even more difficult to find out how much of that collateral is tied up, or invested in things that are one bad stockmarket day away from becoming next to worthless, and impossible to say how much of that collateral they're willing to risk in the transfer market.

We know through first-hand experience that trying to second guess the willingness to spend is a complete waste of time. Shepherd had to borrow, but normally spent. Ashley is a billionaire, but is as tight as a nun's chuff.

One thing I would like is for whoever buys us - individual, business or group of investors - to have one person who is clearly in charge, a figurehead and their ambassador to the fans and media (ie not just a spokesperson).  It's easy for a group of faceless folk to hide in the background and shrug their shoulders when the club needs a cash injection or is unhappy with the direction, pass the buck and share the blame.  It's a lot harder for an individual, as Ashley's found out.

It's going to be difficult to find out what collateral any buyer has, even more difficult to find out how much of that collateral is tied up, or invested in things that are one bad stockmarket day away from becoming next to worthless, and impossible to say how much of that collateral they're willing to risk in the transfer market.

We know through first-hand experience that trying to second guess the willingness to spend is a complete waste of time. Shepherd had to borrow, but normally spent. Ashley is a billionaire, but is as tight as a nun's chuff.

One thing I would like is for whoever buys us - individual, business or group of investors - to have one person who is clearly in charge, a figurehead and their ambassador to the fans and media (ie not just a spokesperson).  It's easy for a group of faceless folk to hide in the background and shrug their shoulders when the club needs a cash injection or is unhappy with the direction, pass the buck and share the blame.  It's a lot harder for an individual, as Ashley's found out.

Yeah, this is why a "consortium" presents a troubling perception.  First off, when a spokesman says they are attempting to raise the necessary money, the fear is that they'll raise enough money to buy the club but then be underfunded when it comes to moving the club forward.  The image of a consortium raising the necessary money is of a group cobbled together solely to get a certain amount of money.  Then, secondly, this group who was put together to get a set amount of money now has to work together running the club.  This is not a confidence inspiring setup to put it bluntly.

We're going around in circles again. Who has ever said 'beggars can't be choosers'? Who has ever said the Nigerians would be good for the club? All I (and others) are saying is that to dismiss the Nigerian bid so easily is strange, given that you know as little about them as anyone else.

Circles yes - and sometimes the exact words needn't be said - it's the context I speak of.

Whatever (I'm standby at work so have a little more time to discuss than I'd thought !)

OK - so I'll accept that we should wait and see - that OK ?

And as for "all i and others etc" - you seem to be missing an awful lot of abuse and wild accusations, mate. (Which I quite happily agree I have responded to in a like vein)

phil, what makes you think we have any say in who buys the club?

Exactamundo

And we had no say in convincing Ashley to bog off then ?

Self knowledge...jesus wept.

They should have a health warning on your keyboard pal.

Yeah, it would say: "Butt-fuckingly stupid internet bigots can be harmful to your club."

No, it would say "Put brain into gear before typing"

Which is a shame seeing as yours seems to be AWOL

We're going around in circles again. Who has ever said 'beggars can't be choosers'? Who has ever said the Nigerians would be good for the club? All I (and others) are saying is that to dismiss the Nigerian bid so easily is strange, given that you know as little about them as anyone else.

Circles yes - and sometimes the exact words needn't be said - it's the context I speak of.

Whatever (I'm standby at work so have a little more time to discuss than I'd thought !)

Exactamundo

:tumbleweed:

Guest labrowski

Exactamundo

:tumbleweed:

He was always going to sell the club for ridiculous profit. The protesting fans just made him do it sooner rather then later!

I dearly hope I'm proved wrong and you're all having a righteous go at me in a years time if it happens.

BELIEVE ME, I do. The last thing I want is to be proved right.

Burger trade slow today?

Wouldn't know.

They seem very much to the forefront of your thinking, clearly.

Bet you're an avid follower of "Pop Idol" and "Big Brother" too.

Your posts do seem to suggest such.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Football 365

'Newcastle takeover fraudulent'

The CEO of Pamodzi Marketing, Mike Itemuagbor, fears the Nigerian consortium behind the proposed Newcastle takeover could be a massive scam.

Pamodzi have a vested interest in the much-publicised bid as they are the marketers for the Nigerian Football Federation. Itemuagbor is therefore concerned that a failed bid by NVA management could have an adverse effect on Nigeria's global image.

NVA is backed by a number of as yet unnamed Nigerian businessman and reportedly has links to investors in China and America with the group hoping to complete their takeover of the English Premier League outfit by the weekend.

A spokesman for the group, leading English-based agent Chris Nathaniel, confirmed that they hoped they could soon make an announcement about a possible deal.

"All I can say is that we have made contact with Newcastle," Nathaniel told Sky Sports News.

Yet Itemuagbor is highly suspicious of the NVA's imminent acquisition of the Tyneside club.

He told The Vanguard: "Who are these oil barons that they are talking about? Who is the man fronting for them? Is there truth in the stories they are feeding us with? Why are they reluctant to name the so called oil barons?"

With Nigeria's reputation for corruption, Pamodzi face a difficult challenge in marketing football in the country. Itemuagbor is sceptical of NVA's motives and believes that the so-called takeover has all the hallmarks of 'advanced fraud'.

"The business of marketing sports is an uphill task in Africa especially in Nigeria where sponsorship is not in our culture," he explained.

It will be more difficult if they begin to cast credibility posers on our shores. I say this because everything about this bid by Nigerians to buy Newcastle has fraudulent tendencies. They said that they have raised 350m pounds and now looking for 50m to 100m pounds to meet Mike Ashley's price. We know how fraud happens here.

"They will now contact people to contribute and be part owners. They will push out flowery things that can deceive many minds and before you know it, they would have made so much money and would still not buy Newcastle because I doubt if they have raised the 350m that they are boasting to have gathered. We know how these people operate.

"I fear it is a clear case of 419 (Advance Fee Fraud). If it is not, let them name those involved and let us know their antecedents. We have credibility problem here because it will affect our drive in seeking sponsorship for our events. That's why I'm interested. It is for our national interest that we are asking questions about these Nigerians. I fear that fraud is in the air and people should be warned."

Newcastle have lurched from crisis to crisis in recent seasons and have struggled in the Premier League this term. Current owner Mike Ashley faces an untenable situation as the notoriously fickle Toon fans turned against him after he sacked club icon Kevin Keegan as manager.

The Nigerian consortium have curried favour with the Newcastle faithful and promised to re-appoint Keegan should their takeover be successful, but it is probably in the Toon's best interest to heed Itemuagbor's warning.

Guest johnson293

Football 365

'Newcastle takeover fraudulent'

The CEO of Pamodzi Marketing, Mike Itemuagbor, fears the Nigerian consortium behind the proposed Newcastle takeover could be a massive scam.

Pamodzi have a vested interest in the much-publicised bid as they are the marketers for the Nigerian Football Federation. Itemuagbor is therefore concerned that a failed bid by NVA management could have an adverse effect on Nigeria's global image.

NVA is backed by a number of as yet unnamed Nigerian businessman and reportedly has links to investors in China and America with the group hoping to complete their takeover of the English Premier League outfit by the weekend.

A spokesman for the group, leading English-based agent Chris Nathaniel, confirmed that they hoped they could soon make an announcement about a possible deal.

"All I can say is that we have made contact with Newcastle," Nathaniel told Sky Sports News.

Yet Itemuagbor is highly suspicious of the NVA's imminent acquisition of the Tyneside club.

He told The Vanguard: "Who are these oil barons that they are talking about? Who is the man fronting for them? Is there truth in the stories they are feeding us with? Why are they reluctant to name the so called oil barons?"

With Nigeria's reputation for corruption, Pamodzi face a difficult challenge in marketing football in the country. Itemuagbor is sceptical of NVA's motives and believes that the so-called takeover has all the hallmarks of 'advanced fraud'.

"The business of marketing sports is an uphill task in Africa especially in Nigeria where sponsorship is not in our culture," he explained.

It will be more difficult if they begin to cast credibility posers on our shores. I say this because everything about this bid by Nigerians to buy Newcastle has fraudulent tendencies. They said that they have raised 350m pounds and now looking for 50m to 100m pounds to meet Mike Ashley's price. We know how fraud happens here.

"They will now contact people to contribute and be part owners. They will push out flowery things that can deceive many minds and before you know it, they would have made so much money and would still not buy Newcastle because I doubt if they have raised the 350m that they are boasting to have gathered. We know how these people operate.

"I fear it is a clear case of 419 (Advance Fee Fraud). If it is not, let them name those involved and let us know their antecedents. We have credibility problem here because it will affect our drive in seeking sponsorship for our events. That's why I'm interested. It is for our national interest that we are asking questions about these Nigerians. I fear that fraud is in the air and people should be warned."

Newcastle have lurched from crisis to crisis in recent seasons and have struggled in the Premier League this term. Current owner Mike Ashley faces an untenable situation as the notoriously fickle Toon fans turned against him after he sacked club icon Kevin Keegan as manager.

The Nigerian consortium have curried favour with the Newcastle faithful and promised to re-appoint Keegan should their takeover be successful, but it is probably in the Toon's best interest to heed Itemuagbor's warning.

:rolleyes:

Don't see much wrong with that article other than the fact that it is saying what people don't want to hear.

You find it plausible that a reputable company would risk throwing its reputation and all of its business connections to English football away just to pull the biggest email scam ever?

Don't see much wrong with that article other than the fact that it is saying what people don't want to hear.

Nothing wrong with the article as long as people realise it's just someone voicing his fears. Until more becomes clear, no one really knows if the bid is genuine yet, including the writer of that piece.