Terry Venables turned down chance to manage Newcastle in 2008

Guest Chubby Jason
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting pretty fucking tired of wankers saying the fans are to blame for all this mess, tbh.

Did we force Keegan out to start this entire farce? No, so shut the fuck up.

I'm not saying the fans are fully to blame but some need to look at themselves. Remember that vitriol that Allardyce faced after only a few months (Liverpool at home)? Managers, especially in this country, will have noted something like that.

I'm not saying the fans are perfect and have acted with complete dignity throughout this. But put it this way, nobody was against Ashley until Keegan felt he had to walk out. Well, apart from NE5.

Most were at least content with the way we were moving forward, on and off the pitch. The fans are NOT responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in as a club.

They have to shoulder some of the blame though.

'Some' being the key word. They probably overreacted to possibly our best ever manager walking out throwing the club into turmoil. No surprise whatsoever. The way some people on here go on you'd think everything was brilliant before the Hull game and I'm bored of it. :dave:

As a group the fans are way down on the 'these people fucked up' list.

So in that sense some of us are partly responsible for what has happened.

Not me mate - I'm one of the few that thought KK a tantrum throwing pillock from day ONE

Getting pretty fucking tired of wankers saying the fans are to blame for all this mess, tbh.

I'm not saying the fans are fully to blame but some need to look at themselves. Remember that vitriol that Allardyce faced after only a few months (Liverpool at home)? Managers, especially in this country, will have noted something like that.

I'm not saying the fans are perfect and have acted with complete dignity throughout this. But put it this way, nobody was against Ashley until Keegan felt he had to walk out. Well, apart from NE5.

Most were at least content with the way we were moving forward, on and off the pitch. The fans are NOT responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in as a club.

I'm pretty sure if the club wasn't up for sale and we were prepared to offer a manager a proper job we'd be able to find one. You can't have your cake and eat it.

I'm pretty sure if the club wasn't up for sale and we were prepared to offer a manager a proper job we'd be able to find one. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Exactly.

The players are losing games because they're completely demoralised and many of them are total shite.

That's got jack shit to do with the fans. Some people now blaming the fans were adamant that Keegan's departure wouldn't affect us because the players were so good.

TV turnd down the job because the takeover is closer than expected?

Hope your right as didnt the nigerians hope to make an announcement in the coming days?

Articles coming out of Nigeria saying its a fraud bid.

I really can't believe there's fraud in Nigeria.

The players are losing games because they're completely demoralised and many of them are total shite.

That's got jack shit to do with the fans. Some people now blaming the fans were adamant that Keegan's departure wouldn't affect us because the players were so good.

Who said that?

We need the fans to run the club tbh.

Praying that the club gets bought within a week or so.

Don't care if it's the Nigerians or whoever. Could be North Koreans for all I care.

As much as it pains me to say it - because we are in dire, dire need of some stability - I want people to take their time over this matter. This isn't something you can rush into - we're talking about a multi-million pound business and a huge part of thousands of people's lives.

I would take a short term crisis and a decent new owner over this being sorted now but leaving us with someone dodgy and/or can't fulfill our expectations in the long term.

At the end of the day it is a massive shame that Ashley was so public in making it clear he wanted to sell the club. If he'd done it more quietly or appointed a new manager before making his statement then at least things on the pitch would be more stable and calm.

So in that sense some of us are partly responsible for what has happened.

Not me mate - I'm one of the few that thought KK a tantrum throwing pillock from day ONE

Are you saying that Keegan threw a tantrum?

It's a downward spiral tbh. The board pissed Keegan off, so he left. In turn, that pissed the fans off, so the owner looks to sell up. Potential managers are put off because new owners might come in, and the fans might not back them.

Many many many different people are to blame here. The board, the old manager, the fans, the players.... None of them are blameless.

Who claimed the players were good enough to carry us through by the way?

Hope your right as didnt the nigerians hope to make an announcement in the coming days?

Wouldn't surprise me.....most fraudulent country in the whole world in my eyes!!!

Allardyce was booed after the 0-0 against Villa by some in the ground. :lol:

'Some' being the key word. They probably overreacted to possibly our best ever manager walking out throwing the club into turmoil. No surprise whatsoever. The way some people on here go on you'd think everything was brilliant before the Hull game and I'm bored of it. :dave:

As a group the fans are way down on the 'these people fucked up' list.

I agree 'some'. 

However in terms of the position we "now find ourselves in" I think the fans need a lot more stick than you're prepared to give them.  We're miles worse off now than we were before the Hull demonstrations, and those demonstrations have played a massive part in that being the case. 

The suggestion that he is "possibly our best ever manager" is nonsense.  "Skyboy" talk (not aimed at you btw)

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it is a fraudulant bid it does nothing other than tarnish the reputation of the management company. I see no gains in producing a phoney bid

On a more positive note I'd actually prefer for the new lot to just get their own man in from day one instead of messing about with interim managers.

The problem is that relies on Ashley selling up before we play (and lose) too many more games. Now this has seemingly fallen through, we can only hope the sale is sooner rather than later.

Getting pretty f***ing tired of wankers saying the fans are to blame for all this mess, tbh.

Did we force Keegan out to start this entire farce? No, so shut the f*** up.

As a group the fans are way down on the 'these people f***ed up' list.

Certainly we've had a part to play in the situation with the campaigning and cockney mafia stuff. Because of our reaction, the volatile man that is Ashley made that premature statement of selling the club, which has now created the situation whereby even Terry Venables is not interested in the job. He's done exactly what the fans were campaigning for, and now we're suffering for it.

No doubt Ashley should have ignored the protests, kept quiet, appointed a new manager, then sold the club behind the scenes if that was his true aim. And no doubt there are other people responsible for Keegan walking out. But theres a missing step in between Keegan walking out and the club becoming such a mess that it cant even appoint someone shit like Venables. As per his official statement, Ashley has listened to the fans and given us what we want. We cant campaign for something, then expect to be absolved of any blame when that campaign is a success. But then, we like to have our cake and eat it too...

On a more positive note I'd actually prefer for the new lot to just get their own man in from day one instead of messing about with interim managers.

The problem is that relies on Ashley selling up before we play (and lose) too many more games. Now this has seemingly fallen through, we can only hope the sale is sooner rather than later.

Does it rely on Ashley selling up, or someone else willing to buy? Depends what slant you want to put on it.....