Martins out for six weeks, Gonzalez out until...?

KaKa

f*** it, roll on 2009-2010

Promotion Party  :coolsmiley:

Eh? :lol:

You don't think we can come straight back up?  :colo:

I think it'll take at least a season. ;)

Eh? :lol:

08/09 Relegated

09/10 Promoted ===> Promotion Party  :coolsmiley:

:colo:

Oh right. I read it wrong. :lol:

I thought thomas meant he was looking forward to next season, which I can't see being right fun if we're spending it in the fizzy pop league. :(

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1404338,00.html

Oba Blow For Magpies

NEWCASTLE United coach Chris Hughton says Obafemi Martins could be sidelined for around six weeks with a knee injury suffered during the Carling Cup exit against Tottenham Hotspur.

The Nigerian only returned to action after a four-game lay-off on Wednesday night.

And although he played the full 90 minutes, it later emerged that he suffered a heavy blow which has caused a problem in the area around his right tibia and knee joint.

Hughton said: "First indications are that he will be out for about six weeks."

Meanwhile, the coach denied a newspaper report that Ignacio Gonzalez could be out until February with an Achilles complaint.

He added: "Nacho has got an Achilles problem that he is receiving treatment for at the moment, but I don't know where the figure in that story came from."

Xisco & Owen looks good enough, Viduka should be nearing a return, and Martins' is a quick healer.

As long as SMith is injured we should be ok.

Its the rest of the numpties behind them and the arse on the sidelines which is the main concern.

Viduka is finished and Martins runs with his head down into blind alleys. martins might as well have his own ball as he's never gonna pass to anyone else.

Xisco & Owen looks good enough, Viduka should be nearing a return, and Martins' is a quick healer.

Its the rest of the numpties behind them and the arse on the sidelines which is the main concern.

Viduka is finished and Martins runs with his head down into blind alleys. martins might as well have his own ball as he's never gonna pass to anyone else.

I've been saying Viduka is finished before we signed him, but i remember those slimline pics of him in training, he looked half the size he was, was hoping that Viduka was a more mobile Viduka and could be a useful asset to the team. I know its a massive ask mind, especially when everything is going tits up right now.

is it me or is martins very injury plagued now?

He is :(

I fucking hate this, I really do. Martins is one of the few players I actually enjoy watching in our team at the moment. It's not fair that he's the one being injured while shite like Butt plays week in week out.

I've been saying Viduka is finished before we signed him, but i remember those slimline pics of him in training, he looked half the size he was, was hoping that Viduka was a more mobile Viduka and could be a useful asset to the team. I know its a massive ask mind, especially when everything is going tits up right now.

completely forgot about Viduka until you mentioned him

Sorry, but - :lol:

You can laugh but it's true. I'm praying that whoever buys us gets things sorted, I know they can't control things like injuries but they wouldn't be such a problem if the club wasn't in such a state already. (i.e. we had a good long term manager, and owner that wants to be here, and a backroom staff that were able to work together.)

You can laugh but it's true. I'm praying that whoever buys us gets things sorted, I know they can't control things like injuries but they wouldn't be such a problem if the club wasn't in such a state already. (i.e. we had a good long term manager, and owner that wants to be here, and a backroom staff that were able to work together.)

I was laughing at the fact that at the moment everything that could go wrong is going wrong in terms of the club. Not at your comment. O0

I was laughing at the fact that at the moment everything that could go wrong is going wrong in terms of the club. Not at your comment. O0

Ah, I see. Sorry mate. :lol:

Guest rebel_yell12

Don't say that, mate.  That's like saying "it can't get worse" because then, it usually does.  If EVERYTHING that could were to go wrong, the club could have Harper & Given both out hurt too.  Or (touch wood) Owen could get hurt.  See what I mean? It can ALWAYS get worse.  Don't tempt fate.