Newcastle 1 - 2 Blackburn - 27/09/08 - Post match reaction from page 10

JH

Xisco just looks like a Spanish Ameobi so far tbh..

This is the reason the Arsenal model would never work here, tits like yourself shooting players down less than a month after they joined, I wonder if the Arsenal fans were on Adebayor's back this soon when he looked on par with Shola?

If you think the Arsenal model would ever work here you sir are an idiot. It starts with being able to determine the potential in players, and excuse me, but so far nothing I have seen from Xisco suggest he is about to rip this league apart anytime soon. Re Adebayor, he got a lot of stick when he first broke into their team, but the potential was there (I definitley saw it) so he was worth perceveiring with. We paid 6 million for Xisco, about the same as City paid for SWP or about twice what Arsenal paid for Van Persie; who do you think looks more 'promising'..?

I've already said it wouldn't work here and used tits liek yourself as the example why, it reminds me of the Man Utd fans who wanted Evra and Vidic after their first game or the mongs who were slagging Oba off after he had made 3 starts for the club too.

Easy for you to claim now that you always noticed Adebayor's potential, and you accuse me of saying things different now they've happened. :lol:

The fact is young players need time to adapt and luckily for us Dutch tits like yourself are not in the stands, now go and follow Feyenoord or what other club you claim to be your first team.

hang on, you just said it'll never work here cos people write-off players immediately, then just use man utd fans writing off Evra and Vidic in their first game as an example of this.

just wondering, how have Evra and Vidic got on since theyve been at man utd?

You could have pointed out how Oba has improved since he's been here too, my point was that our fans are too quick to get on players backs and while some players rise above it and prove fans wrong others suffer because of it.

No surprise to see you playing on words though, Johnny. O0

aye, but oba HAS improved, even though fans DID get on his back. which to me, along with evra and vidic recovering from a bad start to be amongst the top players in the world, suggests that what the fans think on internet forums doesnt make that much difference.

half the arsenal fans i know thought adebayor was a shite donkey a couple of weeks ago yet then he went and scored a hat-trick.

How many times will we sit and have to lambast the poor ref? we seem to have the adverse of Man Utd who get all their decisions at home we seem to get none.

Still a matter of principle though isn't it? Or are you saying principles go out of the window depending on how good the player is?

Btw the majority of fans thought we needed a striker as top priority.

The principle is simply: is the manager allowed to manage, or not? If Keegan felt Coloccini and Jonas were players he needed, then why should he complain? For all we know, he might even have complained, and then conceded they improved the squad and got on with it. No manager expects to operate in a vacuum.

And btw this top priority striker has so far not played in a single game we haven't lost.

Again you're missing the point, Keegan said he left because he couldn't manage and didn't want players brought in over his head, well Jonas was brought in over his head (he's said himself he knew nothing about him and Wise and Jimenez come to him with him signed) so why not go then?

It seems to me you're making excuses for him not walking then.

As for Xisco, nearly this entire board thought we needed a striker and after watching us against Arsenal with Shola up top it was pretty obvious, he hasn't been in a game we've picked a point up from because a combination of Keegan walking, the fans protesting and Ashley announcing the club is for sale has knocked us on our ass and we're struggling to pick ourselves up from it all, so that little dig at the signing holds about as much weight as the rest of your argument.

when did keegan say he knew nothing about him and was presented with him signed? the first we knew about jonas was the announcement, complete with ready made quotes from keegan about how other clubs were in for him and how good a player he was. sounds like he knew who he was by the time he signed.

again, keegan said there is a problem if manager's have players brought in that they dont want. he never said he didnt want jonas or coloccini.

Did you miss Keegan's interview after the Man Utd game then?

He said Wise and Jimenez came to him and said they've got this player in called spiderman, Keegan said he looked him up on the net and seen that he put his mask on after he scored but joked that after looking at his goal stats it wouldn't be very often.

I'm sure king Kev battled on to the end though like the trooper he is. :thup:

so where did Keegan say he didn't want Jonas? must've missed that too.

Where did Keegan say he didn't want Xisco or Nacho either? He doesn't, what he has said is that he needs to be able to manage and has a problem with players coming in over his head yet has previously said that Jonas was brought in over his head but decided not to walk then, leaving it to a time that will hurt us the most.

If you're walking on principles then at least do it when t first happens.

Do you honestly think Keegan wanted Xisco and Nacho like? and him going was just an immense coincidence? okay.  :lol:

Baggio assures me this squad is top 10 material so don't worry njs. Wise has improved the squad, no doubt.

I find it funny you moaning about Keegan not getting what he wanted yet you were crying like a girl when we put a bid in for Warnock.

:lol:

Aston Villa fans weren't too keen on buying Knight and Harewood but that's why Martin O'Neill is their manager, why brummie is not and why they're winning every week.

A comment like that just shows how little you understand about football. A manager is always the most important person at the club and your remarks about "I'm glad Keegan's gone because he wanted to keep Milner" just prove your total ignorance of how football works.

Ahh right £12m for Milner daft. What if that money had been re invested in January in a player with twice the lads ability? You could get a lot more player for £12M than James Milner.

Baggio assures me this squad is top 10 material so don't worry njs. Wise has improved the squad, no doubt.

I find it funny you moaning about Keegan not getting what he wanted yet you were crying like a girl when we put a bid in for Warnock.

Aston Villa fans weren't too keen on buying Knight and Harewood but that's why Martin O'Neill is their manager, why brummie is not and why they're winning every week.

A comment like that just shows how little you understand about football. A manager is always the most important person at the club and your remarks about "I'm glad Keegan's gone because he wanted to keep Milner" just prove your total ignorance of how football works.

Ahh right £12m for Milner daft. What if that money had been re invested in January in a player with twice the lads ability? You could get a lot more player for £12M than James Milner.

"£12m for Milner daft"

Feel free to point out where I said that. :thup:

How little I understand about football? :lol:

Jesus wept, it was a tongue in cheek comment ffs, similar to when I said he should be sacked for stupidity for wanting to keep Smith. :lol: 

I thought Keegan said it was his decision to sell Milner though? And you were laughing at how much Villa paid at the time.

Still a matter of principle though isn't it? Or are you saying principles go out of the window depending on how good the player is?

The principle is simply: is the manager allowed to manage, or not? If Keegan felt Coloccini and Jonas were players he needed, then why should he complain? For all we know, he might even have complained, and then conceded they improved the squad and got on with it. No manager expects to operate in a vacuum.

And btw this top priority striker has so far not played in a single game we haven't lost.

Again you're missing the point, Keegan said he left because he couldn't manage and didn't want players brought in over his head, well Jonas was brought in over his head (he's said himself he knew nothing about him and Wise and Jimenez come to him with him signed) so why not go then?

As for Xisco, nearly this entire board thought we needed a striker and after watching us against Arsenal with Shola up top it was pretty obvious, he hasn't been in a game we've picked a point up from because a combination of Keegan walking, the fans protesting and Ashley announcing the club is for sale has knocked us on our ass and we're struggling to pick ourselves up from it all, so that little dig at the signing holds about as much weight as the rest of your argument.

when did keegan say he knew nothing about him and was presented with him signed? the first we knew about jonas was the announcement, complete with ready made quotes from keegan about how other clubs were in for him and how good a player he was. sounds like he knew who he was by the time he signed.

again, keegan said there is a problem if manager's have players brought in that they dont want. he never said he didnt want jonas or coloccini.

He said Wise and Jimenez came to him and said they've got this player in called spiderman, Keegan said he looked him up on the net and seen that he put his mask on after he scored but joked that after looking at his goal stats it wouldn't be very often.

Where did Keegan say he didn't want Xisco or Nacho either? He doesn't, what he has said is that he needs to be able to manage and has a problem with players coming in over his head yet has previously said that Jonas was brought in over his head but decided not to walk then, leaving it to a time that will hurt us the most.

Do you honestly think Keegan wanted Xisco and Nacho like? and him going was just an immense coincidence? okay.  :lol:

I thought you said he left at the end of the window as he wanted to see if things got better?

Seems like you change your opinion to suit whatever point you're trying to push at the time.

"£12m for Milner daft"

I didn't say you did, Im saying it 12m for Milner is daft fee for an average player. Keegan seems quite childish.

Jesus wept, it was a tongue in cheek comment ffs, similar to when I said he should be sacked for stupidity for wanting to keep Smith. :lol: 

I thought Keegan said it was his decision to sell Milner though? And you were laughing at how much Villa paid at the time.

I was delighted to get £12m for Milner but I'd rather have him on the pitch than any of our midfielders today. I'd rather have Milner than Championship football.

You were happy with KK going because of the job Wise had done. I wonder then why they've lost four straight games, including three at home, against poor sides.

"£12m for Milner daft"

I didn't say you did, Im saying it 12m for Milner is daft fee for an average player. Keegan seems quite childish.

Average yet still better than most of our other "midfielders". I see Aston Villa are flying high, not sure how with a fuckwit like O'Neill at the helm.

I was delighted to get £12m for Milner but I'd rather have him on the pitch than any of our midfielders today. I'd rather have Milner than Championship football.

You were happy with KK going because of the job Wise had done. I wonder then why they've lost four straight games, including three at home, against poor sides.

I wasn't worried about Keegan going because I was confident that the club could get someone in of at least equal ability, possibly better.

The problem has come about because the fans protested at Ashley to sell, he's agreed to so we're left in a state of limbo, that's nothing to do with the ability of the players that have come in or that of the players that have been here before this Summer.

When did I say O'neil was a fuckwit? In the words of yourself "Point out where i said it"

They have no injuries, take "6 first teamers" and we'll see how great they are O'neills good but hes made some iffy buys as well. Why don't you just become a Villa Fan if you like them so much Wullie?

I wasn't worried about Keegan going because I was confident that the club could get someone in of at least equal ability, possibly better.

The problem has come about because the fans protested at Ashley to sell, he's agreed to so we're left in a state of limbo, that's nothing to do with the ability of the players that have come in or that of the players that have been here before this Summer.

Better than Keegan who was happy to have Dennis Wise (who doesn't see games or training) improve the squad for him? bluelaugh.gif

Nothing to do with the ability of Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Cacapa, Duff? mackems.gif

When did I say O'neil was a fuckwit? In the words of yourself "Point out where i said it"

They have no injuries, take "6 first teamers" and we'll see how great they are O'neills good but hes made some iffy buys as well. Why don't you just become a Villa Fan if you like them so much Wullie?

That's because he's built a squad, like Dennis Wise was apparently employed to do.

No I won't bother if that's ok with you.

Better than Keegan who was happy to have Dennis Wise (who doesn't see games or training) improve the squad for him? bluelaugh.gif

Nothing to do with the ability of Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Cacapa, Duff? mackems.gif

You're not making much sense now as that doesn't really have anything to do with what I wrote, are you pissed?

I thought you said he left at the end of the window as he wanted to see if things got better?

Seems like you change your opinion to suit whatever point you're trying to push at the time.

i dont understand what you're trying to say to be perfectly honest with you.

keegan said when Jonas signed that "Jonas is a wonderful signing for us." which means he was not unhappy with his arrival. Nacho and Xisco sign, and a couple of days later keegan has quit saying "clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

seems obvious that he wanted Jonas here (and it sounds like he knew about the process of capturing him too) and didn't want Xisco and/or Nacho.

i dont understand what you're trying to say to be perfectly honest with you.

keegan said when Jonas signed that "Jonas is a wonderful signing for us." which means he was not unhappy with his arrival. Nacho and Xisco sign, and a couple of days later keegan has quit saying "clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

seems obvious that he wanted Jonas here (and it sounds like he knew about the process of capturing him too) and didn't want Xisco and/or Nacho.

I don't think either of us have much of a clue what as gone on and tbh I can't really be bothered to go around in circles with you over it, Johnny.

That's because he's built a squad, like Dennis Wise was apparently employed to do.

Right ok then. Lets try it.

Take RB LB 2 centre midfielders one winger and 2 strikers which is what we are currently missing (I'll consider 1 if you don't see Viduka as first team).

So thats, Young, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Barry Young Agbonglohor/Carew.

Meaning this leaves you with the following villa team.

Friedel.

Cuellar          Laursen            Davies            Bouma

Routeledge      Sidwell                Petrov        Gardner

Harewood            Milner

Not quite top 6 team now is it. As is the same with most, look at how much ball riding Man Utd got when Tevez and Ronaldo weren't there.

Xisco just looks like a Spanish Ameobi so far tbh..

This is the reason the Arsenal model would never work here, tits like yourself shooting players down less than a month after they joined, I wonder if the Arsenal fans were on Adebayor's back this soon when he looked on par with Shola?

If you think the Arsenal model would ever work here you sir are an idiot. It starts with being able to determine the potential in players, and excuse me, but so far nothing I have seen from Xisco suggest he is about to rip this league apart anytime soon. Re Adebayor, he got a lot of stick when he first broke into their team, but the potential was there (I definitley saw it) so he was worth perceveiring with. We paid 6 million for Xisco, about the same as City paid for SWP or about twice what Arsenal paid for Van Persie; who do you think looks more 'promising'..?

Does anyone not ask themselves just why so many players from the Spanish League have been signed?

Are there not small alarm bells ringing in anybody's head ?

Does anyone REALLY believe, for example, that Real Mallorca actually received 5.8m for Marcelino whe he signed in 1998, and if not, where did the rest go...!????

Xisco does not, up to now, look as good a player as, for example, a fit Viduka and he is at the end of his career....

Right ok then. Lets try it.

Take RB LB 2 centre midfielders one winger and 2 strikers which is what we are currently missing (I'll consider 1 if you don't see Viduka as first team).

So thats, Young, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Barry Young Agbonglohor/Carew.

Meaning this leaves you with the following villa team.

Friedel.

Cuellar           Laursen            Davies            Bouma

Routeledge      Sidwell                Petrov        Gardner

Harewood            Milner

Not quite top 6 team now is it. As is the same with most, look at how much ball riding Man Utd got when Tevez and Ronaldo weren't there.

The team you have quoted would still pee all over our so-called 'second' team...O'Neill is a very good manager who has bought good players - Milner included...Get over it, I would have LOVED to have O'Neill at SJP, yes, even in front of KK.

I would have bet every last penny I have that MON at SJP with a similar board to the one he has a Villa, would have been just as successful as he has been at Villa - even though they had some good young players(like Agbonlahor)when he joined them.