Mike Ashley pulled the plug

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Well at least Ashley did something smart then.

Shame he didn't pull the plug on Keegan putting Taylor on an improved and extended contract and giving Faye to Stoke, as well.

I guess your unaware that the Vice President (Player Recruitment) does the contracts. Also Keegan does not have the power to sign McGeady but he is responsible for the sale of Faye.`

Whatever.

I think it's been made more than clear by now that Keegan did absolutely NOTHING wrong and was right to walk out on the club, while Dennis Wise was recruited to single handedly cause the destruction of Newcastle United. Or something like that.................

the longer this mess drags on, the less I blame Keegan for walking out. Why on earth do you think he should stick around when he's told that Denis Wise is choosing who to buy and sell ?

They made him sell Milner to get money in, and didn't even let him decide who to buy with the money.

I still think that Taylor and zoggy are 2 players who need to play in better teams alongside better players. Taylor will become more assured and Zoggy in particular sees things, and moves more quickly than too many of his team mates.

Higher standards to reach for is what they both need.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Een if Taylor becomes more assured he'll still be shit. The guy's not a 1st team centre half, got to accept it. I'd rather have Aarron Hughes

Shame he didn't pull the plug on Keegan putting Taylor on an improved and extended contract and giving Faye to Stoke, as well.

I guess your unaware that the Vice President (Player Recruitment) does the contracts. Also Keegan does not have the power to sign McGeady but he is responsible for the sale of Faye.`

Whatever.

I think it's been made more than clear by now that Keegan did absolutely NOTHING wrong and was right to walk out on the club, while Dennis Wise was recruited to single handedly cause the destruction of Newcastle United. Or something like that.................

the longer this mess drags on, the less I blame Keegan for walking out. Why on earth do you think he should stick around when he's told that Denis Wise is choosing who to buy and sell ?

They made him sell Milner to get money in, and didn't even let him decide who to buy with the money.

I still think that Taylor and zoggy are 2 players who need to play in better teams alongside better players. Taylor will become more assured and Zoggy in particular sees things, and moves more quickly than too many of his team mates.

how come they could make him sell milner but not alan smith ?

"when he's told" etc ? have you any proof or were all the signings done without informing him ?

you'd think if he loved the club as much as he says then he'd leave when he realises he's not getting his own way rather than timing it to cause most problems for us.

Whatever.

you'd think if he loved the club as much as he says then he'd leave when he realises he's not getting his own way rather than timing it to cause most problems for us.

Just maybe there never was a bid for Smith.

I think KK was like me, in thinking we are going to get 3 or 4 bodies in on deadline day. When it  didnt happen I felt it was  bit flat, I am guessing as Keegan has not called me but he thought f*** this for billiards.

The club have made it clear

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

& they also say:

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

Whatever.

I think KK was like me, in thinking we are going to get 3 or 4 bodies in on deadline day. When it  didnt happen I felt it was  bit flat, I am guessing as Keegan has not called me but he thought f*** this for billiards.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

& they also say:

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

why take him to see gomis in action ?

even if they got bodies in on deadline day they wouldn't have been his so why not walk as soon as he knew this. ie when we signed the others without his knowledge ?

Whatever.

"when he's told" etc ? have you any proof or were all the signings done without informing him ?

because they didn't get an offer of 12m for Smith ?

I don't think he "timed" anything. I love the club but I wouldn't stand for some jumped up little arsehole sticking his nose into my job. And you don't know what happened behind the scenes, I don't think for a moment that keegan politely knocked on someones door and said "ive had enough of this, I'm off"

He was furious when Modric signed for Spurs.

That meeting after the Chelsea game was obviouisly to tell him to wind his neck in [only those who were sucking up to Ashley and didn't want to believe what all the press reported accordingly, denied what was blatantly obvious].

Cox went a few weeks before. Now, Cox may well never have intended to stay permanently, but in my view, he is Keegans long term ally, and if the club wanted a DOF [glorified chief scout] to head up all the scouting structures and to assist in finding first team players, who is accountable to his boss, and who his boss trusts completely, they had the perfect man on the staff to do it.

Whatever.

I don't think he "timed" anything. I love the club but I wouldn't stand for some jumped up little arsehole sticking his nose into my job. And you don't know what happened behind the scenes, I don't think for a moment that keegan politely knocked on someones door and said "ive had enough of this, I'm off"

That meeting after the Chelsea game was obviouisly to tell him to wind his neck in [only those who were sucking up to Ashley and didn't want to believe what all the press reported accordingly, denied what was blatantly obvious].

Cox went a few weeks before. Now, Cox may well never have intended to stay permanently, but in my view, he is Keegans long term ally, and if the club wanted a DOF [glorified chief scout] to head up all the scouting structures and to assist in finding first team players, who is accountable to his boss, and who his boss trusts completely, they had the perfect man on the staff to do it.

if that was the case why not leave when he realises it is happening which must have been when the other players were coming in.

Whatever.

if that was the case why not leave when he realises it is happening which must have been when the other players were coming in.

I don't know. I'm guessing he just gave it his best shot and wanted it to work but something triggered and it all ended, maybe a big row or something.

Probably about Milner etc. It does fit. There is no way Keegan deliberately waited until the end of the window ?

Que the mongs... No quotes no real info.  But watch them go mental!

As long as you include yourself among the "mongs"....maybe....

Agreed. Always wondered why a large number of people on here were happy with our transfer activity.

Don't think it's that.

Just felt that the over-the-top theatrics caused more harm than good.

And lets face it - the MAJORITY of signings here have been poor, some unspeakable disasters.

More of the same isn't sensible. More signings - QUALITY, young signings YES

Not those here to pick up big cheques and not perform - how many have there been of those, pray tell ?

Whatever.

& they also say:

why take him to see gomis in action ?

even if they got bodies in on deadline day they wouldn't have been his so why not walk as soon as he knew this. ie when we signed the others without his knowledge ?

To show him what may be coming in.

It was bit of a bad week for Kevin if I recall, first he mentioned Milner is going nowhere, then he back tracks saying he sold him. At that point you knew he was going with the flow of the club. He mentioned something about wait & see what happens on deadline day, again I am guessing he had chat with Dennis, TJ & maybe Jeff & he was reassured we would get the numbers in & maybe certain players. Then he was watching Newcastle (2nd XI) V Sunderland (2nd XI) which was on transfer deadline day the incoming list was maybe not as big as he wanted & maybe not the names he was expecting. He then kicks off at Decca who he was watching the game with.................then he is gone................only to have a chat with Mike Ashley on the Friday................then he is gone.

That is the way I see it, it may be complete Jacknoary but there you go :razz:

WHAT THE COCKNEY MAFIA STOPPED US GETTING AN OVERPRICED OVERRATED ONE TRICK PONY WHO REALLY IS NO BETTER THAN SHAUN MOLONEY WHO RECENTLY WAS SOLD FOR £1.5M. HOW FUCKIN DARE THEY OVERULE WOR KING KEV!

Whatever.

I don't know. I'm guessing he just gave it his best shot and wanted it to work but something triggered and it all ended, maybe a big row or something.

Probably about Milner etc. It does fit. There is no way Keegan deliberately waited until the end of the window ?

funny that you say "there is no way" yet still end it with a question mark as if you're not entirely sure yourself

Whatever.

I think Jeff Vetare could of done a DOF job but I think being a ED(F) is maybe beyond him.

Whatever.

I think Jeff Vetare could of done a DOF job but I think being a ED(F) is maybe beyond him.

possibly, so long as its Keegans choice, he may have been happy with Vetere. But Cox was his man, if he had wanted it, it just made sense. 

I cant believe people haven't figured out why he left after the close of the transfer window?  Tumbleweeds everywhere.  If he had of known in January, Feb, Mar, Apr that he was going to have such a week squad come the end of the transfer window, he would either never have came or left earlier.  He has been amug for believing they would strengthen the squad and that a billionaire might shell out more than one night casino money on players.

Whatever.

Don't agree about Taylor, but I think you might have a point regarding Zog. He overdoes the dribbling at the moment, but with so little movement around him, there aren't many options other than pass backwards or sideways.

I cant believe people haven't figured out why he left after the close of the transfer window?  Tumbleweeds everywhere.  If he had of known in January, Feb, Mar, Apr that he was going to have such a week squad come the end of the transfer window, he would either never have came or left earlier.  He has been amug for believing they would strengthen the squad and that a billionaire might shell out more than one night casino money on players.

you reckon he actually thought that after the entire summer of getting in players he didn't want then  right at the end they'd get in players he wanted ?

Well, of course some of us realise this, this is what we are saying. I wouldn't say he's been a mug though [you could put plenty of people on here in that category if you want to go down that road  mackems.gif] just for believing what he'd presumably been told and promised.

I agree that if he had known, he wouldn't have taken the job. So the conclusion is obvious isn't it !!!!!

you reckon he actually thought that after the entire summer of getting in players he didn't want then  right at the end they'd get in players he wanted ?

Oh come on they got one off his list of Lampard, Henry, Guthrie & Ronaldinho.

I haven't mentioned the players 'he' wanted. Just numbers of quality players for stregthening the squad.  I assume he believed them, which is why he has been a mug.  They cant be trusted and thank f*** they are going, albeit with full pockets.

I haven't mentioned the players 'he' wanted. Just numbers of quality players for stregthening the squad.  I assume he believed them, which is why he has been a mug.  They cant be trusted and thank f*** they are going, albeit with full pockets.

d'you think he's have stopped if we got in more bodies that he didn't choose then ?

I cant believe people haven't figured out why he left after the close of the transfer window?  Tumbleweeds everywhere.  If he had of known in January, Feb, Mar, Apr that he was going to have such a week squad come the end of the transfer window, he would either never have came or left earlier.  He has been amug for believing they would strengthen the squad and that a billionaire might shell out more than one night casino money on players.

I haven't mentioned the players 'he' wanted. Just numbers of quality players for stregthening the squad.  I assume he believed them, which is why he has been a mug.  They cant be trusted and thank f*** they are going, albeit with full pockets.

Keegan made it quite clear the managers should be in complete control of the transfer policy at a club:

It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.

The crux of it come down to when it first occurred to Keegan he wasn't in control of who came into and left the club. Once that has been established, we can take it from there. Until then, I'll question the timing of Keegan walking away.