Mike Ashley - Newcastle's best ever chairman/owner.

Benwell Lad

Why don't you stand up, turn your back to the computer, drop your trousers, and bend over?

That way we'd be able to hear what you're saying more clearly.

no response again then  mackems.gif

2. Why he sent an email to a cockney journo dishing the dirt on the club he says he supports while Shepherd was chairman, riding higher than it is just now when he doesn't appear to want to do it again ?

Just for the record he has answered that before, and yet you keep bringing it up. He was dishing the dirt on Shepherd, not NUFC. Believe it or not Freddy Shepherd did not and does not equal Newcastle United Football Club. You can criticise one without criticising the other.

I wasn't even "dishing the dirt" on Shepherd. I was arranging for someone from the Hitzfeld-for-manager campaign to get a right of reply after Shepherd dissed the idea as a "betting scam".

I've no idea what this is supposed to do with the cold, hard fact that all but one of Shepherd's managerial appointments were miserable failures. NE5 seems simply incapable of conducting a rational discussion on this point.

but you agreed with Shepherd that at least 3 of those were good appointments, you agreed with him ?

You are totally incapable of accepting this perfectly truthful point.

I think you should be true to your principles and email the same journo and tell him what a disgrace all the latest situation is and admit that it is a miserable failure in comparison to the regular european football we had under the last board/owners.

Or are you incapable of conducting a rational discussion on this point ?

On a similar note, and it's not related to Ozzie.

A mate directed me to the site www.nufcmismanagement.com - i've never heard of it before, i just don't have time - and have too much of a life - to spend my day searching through Google links & reading other fans/club's forums or websites.

I must've scrolled through several pages of insignificant quotes, courtesy of Shepherd. One example being that it's not the 'big clubs' responsibility to keep afloat the clubs in the lower leagues. Some were made into mountains, despite being just mole hills. I guess the site's creator has to make the sure that the site lives up to his namesake. The site's creator must be young and a bit naive judging how little there was about McKeag, Seymour, Westwood etc in comparison and the fact that the same creator asked for reader input so that he/she can expand those particular chapters. Reminded me of how Wikpedia works.

Then i clicked onto the Ashley chapter. It was about speculation and blueprints. Beyond that the chapter was surprisingly bare when taking into account the club's current predicament on the league table.

i think the fans have made his position unteneable

How exactly?

The players are still there. 45k still turn up and cheer on the team. The world is still turning.

Supporters are fickle if the team starts to do well. A quality new manager, some good results, and all is forgiven.

Easy to do with the great squad we now have, and with the super setup in place, any manager would be mad not to come surely?

But no, apparently a few banners make his position untenable. A couple of protests and some strongly worded emails have driven him out. The reason the stubborn, hard nosed businessman is selling the club is because he's upset. It has nothing to do with the fact he's been trying to offload the club for months, no siree, nothing at all.

If he's been trying to offload the club for months, why didn't he just do that when Keegan was in charge during the summer?

Weeeelllllll.........I'm sure he could have got rid of it for a couple of million quid which is all it was worth in 1991, when nobody wanted it.

Well I'm sure you could sell your season ticket on ebay for 1991 prices as well. Why don't you take your own advice and put it up for sale?

How exactly?

The players are still there. 45k still turn up and cheer on the team. The world is still turning.

Supporters are fickle if the team starts to do well. A quality new manager, some good results, and all is forgiven.

Easy to do with the great squad we now have, and with the super setup in place, any manager would be mad not to come surely?

But no, apparently a few banners make his position untenable. A couple of protests and some strongly worded emails have driven him out. The reason the stubborn, hard nosed businessman is selling the club is because he's upset. It has nothing to do with the fact he's been trying to offload the club for months, no siree, nothing at all.

If he's been trying to offload the club for months, why didn't he just do that when Keegan was in charge during the summer?

Weeeelllllll.........I'm sure he could have got rid of it for a couple of million quid which is all it was worth in 1991, when nobody wanted it.

Well I'm sure you could sell your season ticket on ebay for 1991 prices as well. Why don't you take your own advice and put it up for sale?

I'm sure I could. I also had my cheque returned in 1991 when I tried to buy shares as they failed to sell the club, but I bet I wouldn't now.

The club failed to raise half of 2.5m quid, and under the terms of the flotation were forced to abort the sale. That figure of 1.25m was open to supporters, business, anyone who applied to buy shares. If 1.25m quid had been raised, the sale would have gone ahead. In relative terms, this figure was less than the club received when they sold Peter Beardsley a few years earlier, and also Gazza soon after 

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about. But I'll let you carry on trying to work it all out.

Why don't you stand up, turn your back to the computer, drop your trousers, and bend over?

You drivel on and on about me "dishing the dirt" and then expect me to take the remainder of these same sorry posts seriously?

Get a grip, man.  :idiot2:

You drivel on and on about me "dishing the dirt" and then expect me to take the remainder of these same sorry posts seriously?

so you aren't going to email this journo in protest of the current owner and the current goings on then ?

Nor confirm that you agreed with Shepherds decision with regard to at least 3 of those managerial appointments ?

Get a grip man.

:idiot2:

2. Why he sent an email to a cockney journo dishing the dirt on the club he says he supports while Shepherd was chairman, riding higher than it is just now when he doesn't appear to want to do it again ?

Just for the record he has answered that before, and yet you keep bringing it up. He was dishing the dirt on Shepherd, not NUFC. Believe it or not Freddy Shepherd did not and does not equal Newcastle United Football Club. You can criticise one without criticising the other.

I wasn't even "dishing the dirt" on Shepherd. I was arranging for someone from the Hitzfeld-for-manager campaign to get a right of reply after Shepherd dissed the idea as a "betting scam".

I've no idea what this is supposed to do with the cold, hard fact that all but one of Shepherd's managerial appointments were miserable failures. NE5 seems simply incapable of conducting a rational discussion on this point.

but you agreed with Shepherd that at least 3 of those were good appointments, you agreed with him ?

You are totally incapable of accepting this perfectly truthful point.

I think you should be true to your principles and email the same journo and tell him what a disgrace all the latest situation is and admit that it is a miserable failure in comparison to the regular european football we had under the last board/owners.

Or are you incapable of conducting a rational discussion on this point ?

On a similar note, and it's not related to Ozzie.

A mate directed me to the site www.nufcmismanagement.com - i've never heard of it before, i just don't have time - and have too much of a life - to spend my day searching through Google links & reading other fans/club's forums or websites.

I must've scrolled through several pages of insignificant quotes, courtesy of Shepherd. One example being that it's not the 'big clubs' responsibility to keep afloat the clubs in the lower leagues. Some were made into mountains, despite being just mole hills. I guess the site's creator has to make the sure that the site lives up to his namesake. The site's creator must be young and a bit naive judging how little there was about McKeag, Seymour, Westwood etc in comparison and the fact that the same creator asked for reader input so that he/she can expand those particular chapters. Reminded me of how Wikpedia works.

Then i clicked onto the Ashley chapter. It was about speculation and blueprints. Beyond that the chapter was surprisingly bare when taking into account the club's current predicament on the league table.

I have only had one brief look at that site, the person behind it posts the same agenda driven drivel on here. Some people actually take it all to heart  bluelaugh.gif

How exactly?

I'm sure I could. I also had my cheque returned in 1991 when I tried to buy shares as they failed to sell the club, but I bet I wouldn't now.

The club failed to raise half of 2.5m quid, and under the terms of the flotation were forced to abort the sale. That figure of 1.25m was open to supporters, business, anyone who applied to buy shares. If 1.25m quid had been raised, the sale would have gone ahead. In relative terms, this figure was less than the club received when they sold Peter Beardsley a few years earlier, and also Gazza soon after 

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about. But I'll let you carry on trying to work it all out.

Well that's how the market works, they don't have the benefit of hindsight like you ;)

so you aren't going to email this journo in protest of the current owner and the current goings on then ?

Nor confirm that you agreed with Shepherds decision with regard to at least 3 of those managerial appointments ?

Get a grip man.

Drivel is drivel and repeating it over and over just makes you look like a mong.

I am no fan of the Shepherds/Halls at all.  But aren't you judging their managerial appointments with hindsight?

Personally I was anti 2 appointments - Souness and Roeder.  I didn't want Souness on the basis he was a proven club wrecker.  I thought Roeder was out of his depth and a cop out.  Of all of those Souness was the worst mistake of all given the quality of the squad and our standing in the game at the time.

I was kind of anti Allardyce - I'd always hated the way Bolton played under him - but I could see the point of bringing him in and I didn't think we could get better at the time.  The others like Dalglish and Gullitt seemed OK at the time, their pedigree was good.  Of course they didn't turn out great in the long run (I wouldn't say they were total failures, mind) but I don't remember everyone predicting disaster at the time.

I am no fan of the Shepherds/Halls at all.  But aren't you judging their managerial appointments with hindsight?

Of course. Only a prize moron would try to determine whether a manager had been a success or a failure without examining their record in the job.

If Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce -- four out of five of Shepherd's managers -- were such great appointments, how come not one of them lasted more than a season and a half?

Dalglish wasn't Shepherd's appointment, but sacking him two games into the season right after he'd spent £15 million on players was another example of dumb decision-making by our former chairman -- something that could be seen even without the benefit of hindsight.

Of course. Only a prize moron would try to determine whether a manager had been a success or a failure without examining their record in the job.

If Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce -- four out of five of Shepherd's managers -- were such great appointments, how come not one of them lasted more than a season and a half?

Dalglish wasn't Shepherd's appointment, but sacking him two games into the season right after he'd spent £15 million on players was another example of dumb decision-making by our former chairman -- something that could be seen even without the benefit of hindsight.

:lol:  Isn't that using hindsight again?

We were talking about hiring not sacking, at least I was.  I've already said I didn't rate Roeder and Souness.  I didn't want Allardyce but I could see the point of it.  Gullitt was flavour of the month when he joined us, having won the FA Cup at Chelsea iirc.

I take your point that they mostly turned out shite, but I only really expected it in the case of Roeder and Souness, I don't know about everybody else.  Most appointments are a gamble though, don't you think?

I think it's fair to say that, as the years went on, Shepherd became more and more powerful and his decisions became worse. With Freddie Fletcher gone and the Halls taking more and more of a back seat, it became a one-man band.

Every Chairman makes mistakes, and it's not a business where you can be sure of any outcomes. But some of his decisions in the last few seasons were daft and unprofessional IMO eg buying Owen at an inflated price, appointing Roeder and Souness, not supporting Sir Bob over the Shearer situation. He wasn't working in partnership with his managers.

All this business of producing statistics about his entire reign, and / or lumping it on to the entire Hall era misses the main point. As time went on, like Thatcher, his actions became more and more questionable and in the end he had to go for the good of the club.

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about.

Experiencing something doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.  My gran lived through the blitz but she hasn't got a fucking clue about the workings of the V1 bomb.

How exactly?

Well that's how the market works, they don't have the benefit of hindsight like you ;)

the figures are correct.

That is how much they were asking for the club and couldn't sell it for - relatively peanuts.

I take it you concede the point you were spouting rubbish, as you aren't going to try and prove I'm wrong ?

Get a grip man.

Drivel is drivel and repeating it over and over just makes you look like a mong.

you agreed with 3 of Shepherds appointments then ?

Personally I was anti 2 appointments - Souness and Roeder.  I didn't want Souness on the basis he was a proven club wrecker.  I thought Roeder was out of his depth and a cop out.  Of all of those Souness was the worst mistake of all given the quality of the squad and our standing in the game at the time.

I was kind of anti Allardyce - I'd always hated the way Bolton played under him - but I could see the point of bringing him in and I didn't think we could get better at the time.  The others like Dalglish and Gullitt seemed OK at the time, their pedigree was good.  Of course they didn't turn out great in the long run (I wouldn't say they were total failures, mind) but I don't remember everyone predicting disaster at the time.

thats all Ozzie deals in  bluelaugh.gif

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about.

Experiencing something doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.  My gran lived through the blitz but she hasn't got a fucking clue about the workings of the V1 bomb.

the figures I have gave, that you have clipped out, are absolutely correct.

:lol: no disrespect mate, but you got to admit it was funny

how much time did it take him to think of it, it makes you wonder how much practice Ozzie gets ........  bluelaugh.gif

Get a grip man.

One of these days you'll wake up and realise that whatever you think I think about any of Shepherd's appointments makes precisely fuck all difference to whether those appointments were successes or not.

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic. You can't teach an old dullard new tricks.

Get a grip man.

One of these days you'll wake up and realise that whatever you think I think about any of Shepherd's appointments makes precisely fuck all difference to whether those appointments were successes or not.

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic. You can't teach an old dullard new tricks.

do you also whinge on and ask for your money back if the team doesn't win ?

You agreed with at least 3 of Shepherds [and Halls] appointments lad, therefore you are in no position to criticise them.