Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

He's even shitter than Boumsong. No doubt in my mind. At least Boumsong was quite good at first. Colo had a big part in us being relegated.

Amazingly short memory syndrome again.  Boumsong started his first game with a shaky performance against lower league oppisition!  He did ok in some games early on but was never quite good.  On the other hand Coloccini actually did do very well initially, you only have to look back to the threads much earlier in the season to see that.  Who cares though, he'll be gone soon and I certainly won't be bothered one bit when he leaves, its neccesary after all.

was so happy when signed him....but imo he has failed this season! i still believe he could have a good 2nd season for us...if we against the odds stay up and gets a proper manager!

but we also have to remember what team he have played in....not easy being a central defender  in a sh.t team....eventhough bassong has managed to look solid!

Arsenal´s 3rd goal against us was colo mistake.....wtf was he doing! NOT GOOD ENOUGH.....looked liked he had lost all hope! attitude like that wont save us!

If venables or somebody else with a football brain and experience doesn´t come in we are going down.

Anyone up for a bet?

Yes, a fiver?  Payable via Paypal.

wouldn´t mind losing a fiver on that bet!

Someone's lost a bet. On his Birthday as well (not technically)

If he takes pleasure out of seeing us relegated and wants that fiverhe can have it, Sugo, PM me your paypal details and I'll pay and I'll also include the paypal charge so you get £5 net.

6/7 million will be the best we can get I suspect. Just a 5 million or so loss in less than a year.....

We paid £9.4 million as far as I remember, with another £1 million performance bonus, can't imagine that bonus was ever achieved.

He's even shitter than Boumsong. No doubt in my mind. At least Boumsong was quite good at first. Colo had a big part in us being relegated.

Amazingly short memory syndrome again.  Boumsong started his first game with a shaky performance against lower league oppisition!  He did ok in some games early on but was never quite good.  On the other hand Coloccini actually did do very well initially, you only have to look back to the threads much earlier in the season to see that.  Who cares though, he'll be gone soon and I certainly won't be bothered one bit when he leaves, its neccesary after all.

Severely debatable.

Anyway. We'll be lucky to get over 5 mill on his performances this season. Have to see how far his previous rep will take him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

lol

I think asking 7 mil for him is daft.

Why? He's had a s*** season etc but he's still a recent Argentina international of good age who's probably retained a good reputation outside of Newcastle/England. Fair price IMO.

Exactly. It would be like someone such as Woodgate going over to Spain and not having the best of times... He'd still have plenty of admirers from the country he'd left and willing to spend a fair amount.

Severely debatable.

Anyway. We'll be lucky to get over 5 mill on his performances this season. Have to see how far his previous rep will take him.

Well you can debate it but I remember most people thinking he was doing very well initially, I can't remember many people thinking Boumsong was doing very well early on.

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

lol

The really funny thing is at the time he didn't :(

Boumsong was alright for a while. Didn't look an 8 million defender by any means, but decent enough.

Coloccini after a few months looked like he could potentially develop into a top class CB in the Premiership after a year or two. All he needed to do was adapt his game a bit to suit the different style of the Premiership and he'd be sorted.

Instead he never got his head around some of the more physical, "no-nonsense" requirements of the EPL and on top of that he seemed to lose all confidence in the things he was good at and by season's end he was a travesty of a footballer.

Best for all concerned if he moves on really, we'll still get decent money for him as he'll do a job in most European leagues. But nothing like what we paid for him, somewhere between 5 and 7 million I reckon.

We could easily get 7 mil for him.  We're the only ones who (wrongfully) think he's shit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/58/premier-league-team-season-hail-gerrard.html

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 19 starts)

With no changes to our team of losers since last week, the unfortunate 'winner' of the flop of the season title goes to Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique.

Put simply, the Spaniard has been awful this season and there is no doubting some of his performances on the pitch have contributed to Magpies' ultimate downfall.

But he was not alone - quite how team-mate Fabricio Coloccini managed to score a higher average remains a mystery to many. Nevertheless, the Argentine was still bad enough to fill a centre-half slot, alongside Carlos Cuellar of Aston Villa, who has largely struggled to adjust to life south of the border since his switch from Rangers.

Kevin Nolan completes the shamed Magpies triumvirate, the midfielder lining up alongside League One player Keith Andrews, Stoke's Amdy Faye and yet another man with Toon connections, Charles N'Zogbia.

And to think that triumvirate very nearly became a quartet with Michael Owen teetering on the brink of the flops XI. The Newcastle striker ended the season a mere 0.09 points ahead of Afonso Alves - had he started on the final day of the season, there would have been a strong likelihood of him being included in this section.

I'd disagree about Enrique being as bad as they say, he had some games where he seemed to think the ball boys were his team-mates, but I think he just picked up poor marks in general bad defensive performances with extra points off for poor passing. Can't argue with the rest of it though, and Coloccini was easily the worst of a bad bunch last season.

I disagree with people saying he started well and then lost his confidence in a poor team. I think he showed the same weaknesses from the start, just that with new players it takes a while for you to see their flaws, or if you see them you subconsciously let them off because they're new to the team/league. Certainly within a few months there were people saying there were serious problems in his game that he'd need to improve to be any good in the Premiership. He never did, and there's no reason to believe he ever will.

There's no way we'll get anything like £7m for him, unless we agree to pay half his wages too. I think we'd be lucky to get £3-4m and we'll probably end up loaning him out abroad to avoid paying his wages, hoping he'll look half decent in another league. (He's so in demand, none of the 3 clubs he's already been on loan to in his career could hang on to him, they all had to give him back at the end of the season  :rolleyes:)

I don't hesitate in saying that for £12.5m & £50+k/w for a mature defender who doesn't have the basic skills required to play in an English league, IMO Coloccini is easily the worst transfer the club has ever made.

Boumsong was alright for a while. Didn't look an 8 million defender by any means, but decent enough.

Coloccini after a few months looked like he could potentially develop into a top class CB in the Premiership after a year or two. All he needed to do was adapt his game a bit to suit the different style of the Premiership and he'd be sorted.

Instead he never got his head around some of the more physical, "no-nonsense" requirements of the EPL and on top of that he seemed to lose all confidence in the things he was good at and by season's end he was a travesty of a footballer.

Best for all concerned if he moves on really, we'll still get decent money for him as he'll do a job in most European leagues. But nothing like what we paid for him, somewhere between 5 and 7 million I reckon.

Spot on :thup:

Spot on :thup:

Thirded.

I never had a problem with Colo, I thought he would turn into a useful player for us... but his confidence went and people like Ricardo Fuller started tearing him to shreds, which is never a good sign.

Guest wshmag

We could easily get 7 mil for him.  We're the only ones who (wrongfully) think he's shit.

what a ridiculous post.

he's utter wank man, clumsy as fuck and spends half the game on his arse.

There wasnt any reason to believe Colo would develop into a class central defender for us lol

He was liked more at the start, simply because people were desperate to believe that we hadnt waste 10 mill again & he had a good rep in spain. Boumsong however had just gone to rangers on a free not long before he joined us - so everyone was probably far more ready to doubt his ability in the prem, rather than an Argentine international who done well in la liga.

Realistically though, the general extent of the praise he got was "oh he looks so calm on the ball". Because the guy barely ever headed it, barely ever tackled, barely ever did anything to show himself to be a good defender for us & never turned out to be one. He was to slow, to weak & had bad positioning. If we'd have had the coaches to turn colo into a pretty class premiership defender, they'd have made Steven taylor into the new vidic much earlier anyway.

Guest habibbeye

We will be lucky to get rid of him for nothing as his wages are massive and he has a 5 year contract!

Guest firetotheworks

I think I speak for everyone when I say that Im not surprised, nor particularly arsed.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We will be lucky to get rid of him for nothing as his wages are massive and he has a 5 year contract!

Please go and eat one of your precious mangoes and stop desecrating the name of our world class defenders.

Guest neesy111

5 million and off the wage bill will do me

that'll save around 8 million for the first season

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm pretty sure Colo will be desperate to leave himself and this will make it easier to shift him.