Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Not performing like a £10m CB tbh. I panic whenever someone runs at him and he's poor in the air. Neat and tidy on the deck like but he rarely gets the time to play football in this league like today when he tried to, only to lose it before bringing down his man for a free-kick to them. Goes missing from the centre a lot too. I don't want to be harsh because he's a new player and no-one is playing well for us really but so far he looks quite average to me.

Not performing like a £10m CB tbh. I panic whenever someone runs at him and he's poor in the air. Neat and tidy on the deck like but he rarely gets the time to play football in this league like today when he tried to, only to lose it before bringing down his man for a free-kick to them. Goes missing from the centre a lot too. I don't want to be harsh because he's a new player and no-one is playing well for us really but so far he looks quite average to me.

Very good post, particularly the going missing bit.

Early in his time here, but he's certainly done nothing to warrant all the praise he seems to get.

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

As I said in the match thread, now that Faye has gone we've lost the physical defender who wins everything in the air which is the sort of defender Colo should be partnered with.

Very good post, particularly the going missing bit.

Early in his time here, but he's certainly done nothing to warrant all the praise he seems to get.

I've not seen him get a lot of praise recently tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

He doesn't look like a £10m player, no but he was a lot more solid defensively than Taylor who you're all raving about because he was involved in the goals.

Taylor stood up well to many a challenge, that dreadlocked player of yours was clattered once or twice by Taylor and didn't seem to have the heart for it after that, I'd be disappointed by his heartless display if I were you. Anyway this isn't a Collocini vs Taylor debate.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

No need to start a thread for this. Just undermining players in our squad after a good result. No need. You'd make a shit manager. Think about it, would you god Keegan ever come out and say this? Back the fucking players for once.

What is a £10m player these days?

Didn't Anton Ferdinand cost £8m? I would much rather have Colo.

By no means perfect but has shown his quality and still needs time to adapt to this league.

Like people have said, this is the worst possible time to judge a defender.

He's got undeniable quality and I believe it will shine through eventually. You don't get to play for Argentina at the World Cup by being a shit defender.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

As I said in the match thread, now that Faye has gone we've lost the physical defender who wins everything in the air which is the sort of defender Colo should be partnered with.

Eh? He either gives fouls away, gets spun or muscled out of it. He's better when we drop off and he has time and space. He reads play quite well and seems quite a calm and assured defender in that sense. Hustle and bustle type game though and he gives me the jitters. He's not a liability in the way Taylor has been recently but considering his price tag and pedigree I expect a bit more. Hopefully we'll see that one day.

Colocinni is mint, a class act.  I have no quams in saying that whatsoever.

When stability is restored to the club and we get real confindence going he will prove that.  I have full confidence in his abilities.

The naysayers are wrong.

Colocinni is mint, a class act.  I have no quams in saying that whatsoever.

When stability is restored to the club and we get real confindence going he will prove that.  I have full confidence in his abilities.

The naysayers are wrong.

Same. Just to reiterate, it's a bit unfair to judge any player too much at the moment. In my opinion.