England U21 and that Michael Mancienne kid

marko1892

Did anyone watch the game? I went along last nite to Villa Park as it was only a fiver in for myself, gotta love my old Student Card! Was 2-2 so England go through on Aggregate. Huddlestone scored a low free kick Aaron Ramseys equaliser though was absolutely superb! from nothing, 30 yards out! Hart had no chance! Ramsey then set up Simon Church who put the Welsh 2-1 up.

England equalised after Taylors Header hit Sam Vokes arm then went in. Officially went down as an own goal but anyway.

I started this topic to talk about Michael Mancienne though, The Chelsea lad, he's not made one senior Chelsea appearence. He's played on loan for QPR and has stated that he wants to move away if he cannot secure first team football,

He looks very very good, he's a right back but was playing centre back alongside Steven Taylor last nite and he looked comfortable and in control all game. His positioning, understanding of the game, decisions etc were all superb. He didnt get beat once in the air from what I can recall last nite. Taylor was wearing the armband but it was Mancienne who controlled the game I thought. My man of the match.

If Available could he be someone we could sign? not sure if anyone else has seen him?

The game was discussed in the Belarus pre-match thread mate, it was a good match. :thup:

Mancienne looked good last night, but I couldn't say how well he deals with the physical nature of 'proper' football, doesn't look the burliest. Has anyone seen much of him for QPR?

Did anyone watch the game? I went along last nite to Villa Park as it was only a fiver in for myself, gotta love my old Student Card! Was 2-2 so England go through on Aggregate. Huddlestone scored a low free kick Aaron Ramseys equaliser though was absolutely superb! from nothing, 30 yards out! Hart had no chance! Ramsey then set up Simon Church who put the Welsh 2-1 up.

England equalised after Taylors Header hit Sam Vokes arm then went in. Officially went down as an own goal but anyway.

I started this topic to talk about Michael Mancienne though, The Chelsea lad, he's not made one senior Chelsea appearence. He's played on loan for QPR and has stated that he wants to move away if he cannot secure first team football,

He looks very very good, he's a right back but was playing centre back alongside Steven Taylor last nite and he looked comfortable and in control all game. His positioning, understanding of the game, decisions etc were all superb. He didnt get beat once in the air from what I can recall last nite. Taylor was wearing the armband but it was Mancienne who controlled the game I thought. My man of the match.

If Available could he be someone we could sign? not sure if anyone else has seen him?

I saw him against Portugal, and he was superb. Quick, strong and decisive. He'll struggle to get a chance at Chelsea so we should definitely go for him if / when he becomes available.

I actually mentioned this kid last season as a possible signing. I only saw him play one game but he was outstanding, a proper footballing CB.

He's never gonna get in the Chelsea first team so he'll have to move on at some point.

Saw him play against Wales the other night, fuking gash. Looks like he weighs around 4 stone and defends like a moose on ice.

Got stand out hair though, he'd fit in well in our calamity back line.  :colo: