The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

No Arda Turan links yet, there was such a buzz about him not to long ago..

I'd completely forgotten about him. Did he end up just staying in Turkey last summer?

Yeah think so mate, havent heard anything about him at all thogh, performance wise I mean. He looked such a bright young player in the Euro's..

Southgate will be on SSN within the next hour, be interesting to hear  what he has to say on the Smith Mido swap.

Heard him speak earlier about it and it seems that this deal is on the cards, didnt give too much away but definitely didnt rule it out, i think he might of even confirmed contact.

He's a better target man than anyone we've got at the club at the moment, he's strong, good in the air, holds the ball up well and has good movement in the box.

The downside is he struggles with his fitness and when he loses interest he piles the weight on, as a straight swap for Smith i wouldn't think twice.

Agreed, attitude is clearly the drawback. He's certainly a talent.

would rather just have the money for smith.....it is what we need, after all.

Would normally agree but i dont think we'd get a great deal. For a 3rd of fourth striker he'd be a good buy for effectively a few million.

I'd completely forgotten about him. Did he end up just staying in Turkey last summer?

Yup he did. Would be interested too.

Looks a cracking player. Is he just left sided or central as well?

How will Wheees Keeeeeys Louise demonise us in an article if this transfer goes through?

Don't know but if Barton goes to Portsmouth she'll be praising Adams for buying him and saying he's really a good boy and has had a bad childhood. Or something.

Guest Stephen927

Yup he did. Would be interested too.

Looks a cracking player. Is he just left sided or central as well?

Looks like a player you'd see on the wing, but actually showed a good deal of strength in the Euro's, I think he'd fit in well through the middle.