The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

just because im not crying like a bitch about being "omg!! relegated" because we didnt spend £60 million? the squad HAS improved. like ive said many times, not by a huge margin, but its better. if you look at other clubs around us in the table you'll be surprised at how badly some of them have done.

as for the scouting thing, we've signed about 5 promising youngsters from around the world this window and improved the squad a bit on a very tight budget. i wasnt expecting miracles, it appears some people were.

Tripe like that really doesn't help your argument.

there's about 100 pages of people screaming "omg f***ing buy anyone!!!!" "who? f*** it, buy him!!"

they're almost suicidal because we havent significantly improved the squad on a very small budget.

The problem is, most people on here realise the current squad, in its current state, will not keep us in the Prem. It’s quite simply false economy not to spend in this or the last window. Not just not to spend but to sell and make a profit…… false economy

Is anyone else clinging to miniscule possilibilty that theres been a transfer that hasnt been concluded yet? I am.

Yes. :)

It would have come out by now. David Craig's like a rat near bins; just can't keep his nose out.

Reality is, Kinnear's off home crying and Ashley's sticking his feet up lighting a cigar.

Is anyone else clinging to miniscule possilibilty that theres been a transfer that hasnt been concluded yet? I am.

i'm holding out for a hero. til the end of the night, probably.

Same here, he's gotta be strong, he's gotta be fast.

We've gone and made a f***ing profit.

Idiocity of the absolute highest order.

I see you're someone else who thinks we wanted to sell Given and Insomnia.

I'm not defending the lack of players coming fwiw.

No I'm not one of the mongs who thinks Ashley is asset stripping if that's what you're implying.

But the fact that we had our money in our hands and didn't actually do anything about it is monumentally idiotic.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Could someone go round to Alan Smith's house and set him on fire or something just to brighten the mood, please?

No I'm not one of the mongs who thinks Ashley is asset stripping if that's what you're implying.

But the fact that we had our money in our hands and didn't actually do anything about it is monumentally idiotic.

I think the use of the words "asset strping" by the so called mongs is wrong.  He is reducing the cost of running the club. 

I bet Given and Zog were on more money then Nolan, Taylor and Lovnkrands.

We started the season with a thin squad, limped to January with a thin squad.  We haven't addressed the original issues from summer, pissed about all month allowed two players to leave and brought in two along with Lovenkrands on a free as he had no club.

Is it enough, fuck knows.  Am I worried.

YUP.

And seen two crucial players injured during the window.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not defending the lack of players incoming fwiw.

Theres little difference between wanting a player out and being the reason a player wants out iyam. Same peoples fault, and with the same end result.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The system should be tore up and we should give complete control to ..........................JF....................

Oh fuck it we're screwed

The only thing I have to cling to now is that the Arshavin deal is still wavering in the balance - and there's been a whisper that we get Denilson on loan if it goes ahead.

We might well have an email thing about Denilson?

Yep no extra signings

The official site has just confirmed that oba should be ready for the baggies instead.

In other words, lets give them some good news as the idiots will instantaneously forget how incredibly useless we are if we show them this

We started the season with a thin squad, limped to January with a thin squad.  We haven't addressed the original issues from summer, pissed about all month allowed two players to leave and brought in two along with Lovenkrands on a free as he had no club.

Is it enough, f*** knows.  Am I worried.

YUP.

And seen two crucial players injured during the window.

Yep, those two as well.

You could of swapped Given with anyone of Man City's fringe players like Elano or Sturridge and Johnson - I still believe if Newcastle played hard ball would of had him signed

Unless of course they don't want to sell anyone or the players didn't want to come here of course.

The person responsible for the way the Given transfer was conducted & the outcome of it is Given himself.

Guest The Libertine

Miracles? Who the f*** was expecting miracles?

We were lacking both quality AND quantity this window, but sorting out quantity would have been enough to keep us up in the short term. We needed bodies pure and simple.

Here's the cold, hard facts: our main relegation rivals, Hull, West Brom, Stoke, Portsmouth, and Blackburn have all strengthened majorly in this window or at least made an effort to shore up their weaknesses.

im not fully up on the other transfers (so correct me if if needs be)

hull - bought jimmy bullard and a defender we rejected. we bought nolan and a versatile defender/midfielder who is decent.

west brom - just loaned a midfielder? not major strengthening.

stoke - james beattie and etherington. they've done well enough but they'll still go down imo.

pompey - sold their best 2 players for a shit load of money and didnt replace either well enough. barely spent anything.

blackburn - bought diouf. lost derbyshire. not too good either.

sunderland - lost diouf, chimbonda and chopra and got ben haim. poor.

boro - swapped mido for king. meh.

like i say, if i've missed anyone fill the names in, but that doesnt look to me like they've done much better than us. if we get a few players back then we'll be fine.

I think the use of the words "asset strping" by the so called mongs is wrong.  He is reducing the cost of running the club. 

I bet Given and Zog were on more money then Nolan, Taylor and Lovnkrands.

It's funny how better players tend to command higher wages isn't it?

Mike Ashley could of won over ALOT of supporters today.  A pure half arsed effort!!

He never stood a chance, the volume and signings that would have made people praise him was impossible.

(Sorry, but it's could have.)

Utter bollocks.