The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 f***ing million, Ashley is a grade A c***.

how much of your money are you risking ?

I dont see what your point is, am I the owner of NUFC?

We need a new central midfielder worth at least £8million, never mind our whole budget being £8million.

So it's not possible to buy a good midfielder for less than £8 million?

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 fucking million, Ashley is a grade A cunt.

£8-10m will stand up to most clubs transfer budget in Jan, the most we've ever spent is £11m. Quite frankly i dont care if we end up making a profit this window providing the squads improved.

For January under normal circumstances its good money, but for us right now it isnt, more needs to be invested as we need quality players brought here so the likes of Nicky Butt dont get a look in.

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 f***ing million, Ashley is a grade A c***.

We need a new central midfielder worth at least £8million, never mind our whole budget being £8million.

In todays market? I wouldnt bank on them being much better than what we already have considering this budget will be split amongst at least 2 signings.

I will only be worried about next season if we are in Championship, if we sign stop gaps to keep us up then it is worth it.

I'll be surprised and relatively impressed if we spend £10m net in the next two weeks. Of course the squad being improved is miles more important than how much is spent, but spending money without recouping it by selling the better players we already have would be a significant (and required) show of intent and commitment.

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 fucking million, Ashley is a grade A cunt.

£8-10m will stand up to most clubs transfer budget in Jan, the most we've ever spent is £11m. Quite frankly i dont care if we end up making a profit this window providing the squads improved.

For January under normal circumstances its good money, but for us right now it isnt, more needs to be invested as we need quality players brought here so the likes of Nicky Butt dont get a look in.

So what has how much we spend got to do with this? Like i say, i dont care if we end up making aprofit providing the quality of the squad is improved.

In todays market? I wouldnt bank on them being much better than what we already have considering this budget will be split amongst at least 2 signings.

depends where you shop I would say, if you want Premiership proven then you will have to pay the going rate but there's plenty of talented players kicking around Europe if you know where to look.

so its loans, then kinnear says he got ash and lam in for talks, and today we've bid for players?  whats the problem?  ???

The setup evidently still doesn't work by any stretch of the imagination if that is the actual series of events.

depends where you shop I would say, if you want Premiership proven then you will have to pay the going rate but there's plenty of talented players kicking around Europe if you know where to look.

Sounds easy, have you emailed the club? :lol:

I'll be surprised and relatively impressed if we spend £10m net in the next two weeks. Of course the squad being improved is miles more important than how much is spent, but spending money without recouping it by selling the better players we already have would be a significant (and required) show of intent and commitment.

The only thing that is important is that the squad is improved, if the squd is visibly improved by the end of this window i would be more happier if we'd spent £5k then i would if we'd spent £15m becasue that way it would prove the effectiveness and value of this set up and system.

so its loans, then kinnear says he got ash and lam in for talks, and today we've bid for players?  whats the problem?  ???

The setup evidently still doesn't work by any stretch of the imagination if that is the actual series of events.

i see where you're coming from but it depends on your definition of work, doesnt it? if we end up improving the squad then surely thats the ultimate test? not the series of events?

i see where you're coming from but it depends on your definition of work, doesnt it? if we end up improving the squad then surely thats the ultimate test? not the series of events?

It's on the verge of collapse at all times if that's what is required every time the manager wants a meeting, or to get a budget.

Not sure what point you're trying to make tbh, are you saying we couldn't pick up a better midfielder than Butt in France for £4 million?

The only thing that is important is that the squad is improved, if the squd is visibly improved by the end of this window i would be more happier if we'd spent £5k then i would if we'd spent £15m becasue that way it would prove the effectiveness and value of this set up and system.

And if changes were unsuccessful I'd give Ashley much more credit for committing money to it than not.

Not sure what point you're trying to make tbh, are you saying we couldn't pick up a better midfielder than Butt in France for £4 million?

NUFC clearly don't believe so, or they'd have done it.

NUFC clearly don't believe so.

Why's that?

It's on the verge of collapse at all times if that's what is required every time the manager wants a meeting, or to get a budget.

just business isnt it? managers go to money men for more cash in plenty of areas, just the way of the world. anyway thats by the by, my point is if we improve the squad i dont think it matters how we get there. i.m.o.

Why's that?

Because they haven't done it? Instead they've offered Butt a new contract and given Ameobi one.

Why's that?

Because they haven't done it? Instead they've offered Butt a new contract and given Ameobi one.

shudder

Why's that?

Because they haven't done it?

So because they haven't done it means they don't believe it possible, great logic that.