The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I assume this is basically what Kinnear's been doing for the last couple of weeks: putting in ridiculously low bids for players and wasting our time.

I'm amazed that £5million quid is a ridiculously low offer for a player in the French league who I've barely even heard of. The world is mental.

Am I missing something, why is Kinnear telling the media all our transfer targets and then the amount he`s bid? it doesnt make any sense unless hes not going to complete the deals and hes really after someone else? Are there any other PL managers out there telling the media their targets and bids before theyve been rejected? Megson at least gets the knock back before he announces it ffs

trying to buy some credibility back after last nights farce.

I assume this is basically what Kinnear's been doing for the last couple of weeks: putting in ridiculously low bids for players and wasting our time.

I'm amazed that £5million quid is a ridiculously low offer for a player in the French league who I've barely even heard of. The world is mental.

It's because everton had a 6m knocked back and he's supposed to be better than Essien.

last bit may be a slight over exaggeration.

It's because everton had a 6m knocked back and he's supposed to be better than Essien.

last bit may be a slight over exaggeration.

Given that would make him the best midfielder in the world, I'm pretty sure it might be :lol:

Lucas Neill. Ugg

I dont think there is one player that sums up the word mercenary more, he is overated to the hilt aswell.

On the plus side he had a fucking excellent volley wrongly disallowed last week.

Lucas Neill. Ugg

I dont think there is one player that sums up the word mercenary more, he is overated to the hilt aswell.

On the plus side he had a fucking excellent volley wrongly disallowed last week.

Why was it only a half volley?

Gone all quiet on the LB front, have know idea whats going in the clubs mind, we have Taylor, Beye and Edgar who can play effectively on the right and yet we put in a bid for another RB and we only have Erique on the left.

I really don't think Kinnear has much say in any of this tbh, and nothing whatsoever to do with how much we bid for a player.

Expenisve players = good players

Cheap players = s*** players.

thats effectively what you;re saying.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

But the clubs that win stuff show you have to spend big to compete.

thats it in a nutshell. So difficult to comprehend for some, but so basic.

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Liverpool Carragher Hyypia

Man U      Ferdinand Vidic

Chelsea Terry Carvahllo/Alex

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Spending big = success, good players

but in the very same sentence

Spending big on Colo = shit player.

Make up your mind.

So Chelsea, Manu, Liverpool have spent all that money when there has been no need to ?

Do you think their managers will be sacked for their gross incompetence ?

Expenisve players = good players

Cheap players = s*** players.

thats effectively what you;re saying.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

But the clubs that win stuff show you have to spend big to compete.

thats it in a nutshell. So difficult to comprehend for some, but so basic.

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Liverpool Carragher Hyypia

Man U      Ferdinand Vidic

Chelsea Terry Carvahllo/Alex

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Spending big = success, good players

but in the very same sentence

Spending big on Colo = shit player.

Make up your mind.

So Chelsea, Manu, Liverpool have spent all that money when there has been no need to ?

Do you think their managers will be sacked for their gross incompetence ?

Nope but they've got into a position where they can look to spend big money. If we went out and spent £30m on a centre half right now, id go apoplectic. Do you know why?

If you read my post you'll see that i said that being frugal and searching for the gems is equally important as buying big. Bolded in case you miss it the second time round.

Do you disagree with that?

Maybe one of the £4m bids has turned in to a £5m bid?

If we want M'Bia we will have to combine the bids i think.

Maybe not. Maybe £5m hard cash is enough. Its a lot of money in this current climate.

Maybe not. Maybe £5m hard cash is enough. Its a lot of money in this current climate.

Hope so not to sure if they are struggling for cash like. There not the biggest club in France so maybe.

Hope so not to sure if they are struggling for cash like. There not the biggest club in France so maybe.

I ain't got a clue either, only the UK is feeling the crunch, and France was feeling it years before the UK when there wasn't even one. So guessing the financial climate in France aint too sunny either.

Guest Darth Toon

Kinnear didnt even mention those two loan deals or the other 4 million pound player on SSN. Wonder if them deals have been called off.

Wonder if they ever existed, rather.

:snod: Only in JFK's fevered imagination I suspect.

They have just loaned Wiltord out, dont know if they need to get him of the wage bill or he is just rubbish like?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_M%27Bia

English side Newcastle United were also reportedly interested in signing Mbia in August 2008, but were also unable to sign the midfielder.[2]

In September 2008 Mbia reportedly pleaded with his club to allow him to leave in the 2009 January transfer window, as he wished to move to Newcastle.[3]

On January 14th 2009, Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear revealed the club had made £4m bids for two players, once of which is thought to be Mbia.

On January 15th 2009, Joe Kinnear admits Newcastle had made a £5 million bid for the player, only a day after Newcastle were knocked out of the FA Cup of Hull City at home.

Kinnear offerered two Granny Smith apples, a bag of marbles and a boomarang but was declined as Mbias agent is looking for a "bag of apples"

bluelaugh.gif

Guest geordienorway

They have just loaned Wiltord out, dont know if they need to get him of the wage bill or he is just rubbish like?

They are broke.