The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest palnese

What about Richards and Johnson

Skirges' post was obviously pure fantasy. I just thought it was worth mentioning that I'd blow my load if we were in for Ireland.

Richards is a great talent, but been shit this season. Johnson is also a great talent, but I'M DEAD STUPID LIKE.

Guest nufc 4 life

I think everyone is forgetting that Mark Huges is an intelligent manager, the chairmen may have all the money in the world, but it is very unlikely that Hughes would allow some of the swaps that have been mentioned in these threads, he isn't silly.

Would be ideal though.

Not all that talented but a big, no nonsense, hard barstard of a defender. Would be worth it at the quoted £3.5m.

Can he play in midfield aswell or is that just Richards?

I'd rather Kinnear wasn't involved with buying or selling any of our players.

As for spending money in this transfer window, I'm not sure how much the club is making these days

Logically over £100 million in revenue a season.  Meanwhile costs will be down from previous seasons.  Where's the profit going Mike you fat prick?

As for spending money in this transfer window, I'm not sure how much the club is making these days

Logically well over £100 million in revenue a season.  Meanwhile costs will be down from previous seasons.  Where's the profit going Mike you fat prick?

it'd be great to know the facts and figures eh?  you'd have to imagine he's clawed a reasonable amount of his initial investment back...30m minimum in sky money a season (x2), plus all the ST money (inc all the x3 seasons money) & a slight net profit in transfers this summer....

Logically well over £100 million in revenue a season.  Meanwhile costs will be down from previous seasons.  Where's the profit going Mike you fat prick?

Didn't the books show for the season ending in 2007 that we were going to make a £30 million loss?

We've got the extra sky money but if we are making a profit I wouldn't think it was much, unless you think such a dramatic turnaround has happened in the last 18 months.

I think everyone is forgetting that Mark Huges is an intelligent manager, the chairmen may have all the money in the world, but it is very unlikely that Hughes would allow some of the swaps that have been mentioned in these threads, he isn't silly.

If you don't ask you don't get. Obviously it's very unlikely we'd be able to prize any of their better players away but some of the players mentioned are on the fringes of the City squad and may want away for first team football.

Your forgetting it's unlikely we'll ever ask about such a swap deal, it would be exciting to think the recruitment team were looking at players of similar ilk though.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we do plan on selling Owen to City, get Sturridge in return, looks a good prospect. I quite like that Blackburn youngster too, he looks a natural goalscorer.

Didn't the books show for the season ending in 2007 that we were going to make a £30 million loss?

We've got the extra sky money but if we are making a profit I wouldn't think it was much, unless you think such a dramatic turnaround has happened in the last 18 months.

take away player trading and amortisation and i think the loss was something like £300,000. we received £18m more in TV money at the end of last season compared to the previous one, and ashley paid off the portion of the debt he was obliged to reducing our repayments, so i'd expect we're making a decent profit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

tbf it says that bids for jonas and colo would 'be considered', thats stating the f***ing obvious and a long way from saying they're 'up for sale'

Howay man, everybody has a price, thus everyone is up for sale! If you think otherwise you are dillusional

we're arguing the same point lurch

Classy!

If we do plan on selling Owen to City, get Sturridge in return, looks a good prospect. I quite like that Blackburn youngster too, he looks a natural goalscorer.

I hope you don't mean Matt Derbyshire.

take away player trading and amortisation and i think the loss was something like £300,000. we received £18m more in TV money at the end of last season compared to the previous one, and ashley paid off the portion of the debt he was obliged to reducing our repayments, so i'd expect we're making a decent profit.

Yet when the lads off here, .com, the Mag etc met Mort in the first half of last year he told them the club was still operating at a loss.

Ferguson and Bougherra would for 6m would do me.

Bougherra is quick and strong. He can play right back, centre half and centre mid and is very comfortable on the ball. Would be good for the squad.

Ferguson is not ideal. But he's a good passer of the ball, combative, chips in with the odd goal and would lead well from midfield. Those who say he failed a Blackburn don't take into account that the manager who bought him left soon after, he had injury problems (I think Speedo broke his foot IIRC) and that Blackburn side were really poor. As far as I'm concerned, if we have Oba and Owen up front with Jonas and Zog on the wings, our centre midfield just needs to be able to pass the ball, break up play and put in a good shift. Ferguson is more than capable of doing that. His performances in Scotlands qualifying campaigns of the last few years and in the UEFA Cup last year prove that.

If you added those two along with a quality left back and maybe someone capable of playing right back/ right wing, we'd be pretty much covered for the rest of the season.

Then in the summer you can look at replacing Owen, Viduka and possibly Zog and Shay if they still want off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are linked with Johnson in the NOTW today, apparantly want to include him in any deal we do with them for Given. West Ham the same if any deal with Parker and Bellamy is done

We are linked with Johnson in the NOTW today, apparantly want to include him in any deal we do with them for Given. West Ham the same if any deal with Parker and Bellamy is done

Is that the one with the ************

« Last Edit: Today at 02:15:22 PM by Dave »

I was taking the piss about swapping Given for those three from City they would not do a straight swap for Ireland alone :lol: Arsenal seem to be the ones going after Ireland and they may get him if he wants away from City. They may be mega rich but they are not doing well at all.

Yet when the lads off here, .com, the Mag etc met Mort in the first half of last year he told them the club was still operating at a loss.

because we hadn't received the extra tv money yet and Mort actually made a point of saying the club wouldnt spend in advance of receiving money (a pretty stupid stance to take if the money is guaranteed). mort could've also been using amortisation, a paper loss, to justify Ashley's stingy transfer record.

because we hadn't received the extra tv money yet and Mort actually made a point of saying the club wouldnt spend in advance of receiving money (a pretty stupid stance to take if the money is guaranteed). mort could've also been using amortisation, a paper loss, to justify Ashley's stingy transfer record.

But you don't know if we was or not.

sorry, i dont know what point youre trying to make.

sorry, i dont know what point youre trying to make.

You don't know if he was using amortisation.