Other games this weekend

Dave

Chelsea coming up for us in a few weeks  :(

Yep. Mikel/Lampard/Deco/Ballack/Cole vs. Barton/Guthrie/Butt. We won't even touch the ball. Unless Oba does something ridiculous, we aren't even going to come close to scoring, unless Chelsea are already up 5.

To be fair though, it did take a late ridiculously blatent offside goal to rob us of a draw their last season.

Be f***ing fantastic if it was, for them...

Beat us, lose, lose

... and for us...

Lose to them, win, win.

It'd take the sting away a bit.

Sad thing is, I'd bet 80% of them wouldn't care if we went above them, they'd still live on that 2-1.

Truth. I was checking out a Mackem today ("checking out" in the hotel/reservation sense :razz:), and he was fucking buzzing when he noticed my NUFC cufflink. I sarcastically asked if he was pleased with the class result they got against Stoke and he looked at me like i was talking fucking Chinese. It's all they care about, man. That guy's season has finished now. They beat us. Success. Nothing else matters.

I also remember watching Football Focus the season they came up (that doesn't really narrow the year down like...was the 1999-2000 season I think), and they were interviewing Sunderland fans outside the stadium, and loads of them were saying they'd sooner beat us in the forthcoming derby than avoid relegation. :lol: