Mike Ashley I Hope You're Happy

Tooj

Keegan left and it shouldn't have meant we descended into the circus that we have - the reason for that is Ashley.

Thank god none of our fans did anything stupid such as threaten Ashley personally or try to organise boycotts of his business(es).

Who did that? I thought they just said he wouldn't be made welcome.

those mongs that threatened a bloke who looked like mike ashley.

a kind of personal threat by proxy.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Keegan left and it shouldn't have meant we descended into the circus that we have - the reason for that is Ashley.

Thank god none of our fans did anything stupid such as threaten Ashley personally or try to organise boycotts of his business(es).

those mongs that threatened a bloke who looked like mike ashley.

a kind of personal threat by proxy.

He was just a publicity seeking cunt who managed to get a plug in for his own business.

Because every phone call, letter or thing shouted at him isn't documented with a wikipedia entry it must not have happened right?

I'm inclined to believe he really did receive serious threats that people on here have no idea about, given his sudden and complete willingness to abandon  the club he'd bought and system he'd set up. 

There's no way to take that lightly.  You can't. 

Choose your own synonym for "threaten", then, and factor in the mong in Chester-le-Street who attacked some Ashley lookalike.

Choose your own synonym for "threaten", then, and factor in the mong in Chester-le-Street who attacked some Ashley lookalike.

Which was after he'd announced he wanted to sell up.

Which was after he'd announced he wanted to sell up.

So what? I was discussing how the current situation became a "circus". And it would have been an exceedingly dumb thing to do at any time, no?

Or were you the mong in question?

Can't we just have a serious conversation without resorting to the same old s*** between the same posters? It is possible to disagree without coming across as pricks and spoiling threads you know.

Its things like 6 posts in a row at the top of this page & the end of the previous one by the same person that are dragging it out on this occasion.

sorry Liam, but I've been to work today, and am just catching up on the thread I've been posting in. I don't sit for hours on end all day looking at this site ?

And on this occasion, I'll apologise for not sticking to the subject, even though I don't think anybody even you will blame me for replying.

I haven't got a clue what fredbobs going on about either, which seems to have dragged it down to me.

Whatever.

Im only jokin with you. All I was saying is that your memeory must be very short if you genuinely think this is the worst squad we've had since 1992. Its an absurd claim and you know it. And as that was the point to your entire post i thought it was something that needed pointing out.

p.s Why should anyone who wants to debate this point have to feel like we have to conform to some sort of "online" etiquette?

Its like politics - no opposing party will ever agree but they'll still keep on debating, and why shouldnt they.

my point is quite simple fredbob. I think this is the weakest squad of players since 1992 and I fully expect the league table at the end of the season to show it, unfortunately.

I'm not talking about the first 11 here. We know - and you should because I told you - people like Viduka will hardly play, never mind perform when he does. We lack pace in midfield. We lack a balanced attack ie without a replacement for Viduka and cover for Owen and Martins, neither of who will play enough games.  Any more than one or two injuries will cost us dear. Keegan knew all of this, and more. Thats why he's gone, along with the fact that they made him sell to buy then didn't even give him the money from the sale [of Milner] to buy the player he wanted. 

The fault lies with the person holding the purse strings, because he thought that he could run the club with minimal outlay and make smalll profits. This, to me, became more and more obvious at this stage of the season a year ago. Hence my comment about choosing to back the manager . This point was made by me in the past too ie the people who ran the club chose to back their managers and show ambition, which is never automatic. Ashley has chosen not to back his manager .

I don't think Ashley will be very happy, but I don't give a toss about him, any more than it would appear he gave a toss about us.

But isnt all what you've said applicable to other periods in our recent history?  That's my point. It seems pretty ironic that youd use that particular stick to beat Ashley with when in actual fact the very thing you complain about has been wintessed in the past on 2 or 3 seperate occasions.

Would you agree with me if i said that the qulaity of the playing staff has improved year on year since Ashley has been here?

The signings may not of set the world on fire but they were a deifnite improvement on  who they replaced...

Think about it, you know the answer isnt one that you want it to be.