Mike Ashley I Hope You're Happy

Tooj

shameful posts, blaming Keegan just to let Ashley off the hook for the current positon.

hang your heads in shame, but I'm not surprised.

Nobody is 100% innocent in this debacle IMO.

I think most of us can see that, they've all had a part to play in this and as yet none of us know for sure what exactly has gone on.

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.  Your attack on him is shameful, but as I said, I'm not surprised.

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.  Your attack on him is shameful, but as I said, I'm not surprised.

I haven't attacked him, I just think he's played his part in what has and is going on, just like all of the others involved.

If Keegan had taken an NUFC side containing Taylor, Duff, Butt, Geremi and Shola to sunderland and got beat, who would have gotten the blame?

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the fucking goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

If Keegan had taken an NUFC side containing Taylor, Duff, Butt, Geremi and Shola to sunderland and got beat, who would have gotten the blame?

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the f***ing goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

Personally I don't think Keegan would have lost yesterday but if he had come out when he resigned and said that he hadn't been backed in the transfer market but was staying for the sake of the fans then I think he would have been supported by most of the fans, that's just my opinion, I would have supported him under those conditions.

Would they not have sacked him for coming out with that though?

I've always felt they thought he was easily replaceable.

If they had sacked him for that then they would have deserved all of the shit which has been thrown at them recently, as it is, I don't know how much shit they deserve to have thrown at them.

I think most of us can see that, they've all had a part to play in this and as yet none of us know for sure what exactly has gone on.

Exactly. One would presume that as the man at the top (with all the responsibilities that brings), Ashley is the man who deserves the most blame. I don't think there is anyone even contemplating excusing him of most of the blame for this debacle. Many people are simply unhappy with Keegan's timing as well as Ashley's decision-making.

No-one knows exactly what has happened and that's the main reason I'm staying out of this - I do hold Ashley responsible for this mess more than anyone though but only from what I can tell.

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the f***ing goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

Personally I don't think Keegan would have lost yesterday but if he had come out when he resigned and said that he hadn't been backed in the transfer market but was staying for the sake of the fans then I think he would have been supported by most of the fans, that's just my opinion, I would have supported him under those conditions.

He couldn't possibly say anything man, we've talked about untenable positions, that would have been the worst of the lot. Remember Ashley's huff when KK said we couldn't compete with Chelsea? He'd be admitting we couldn't compete with sunderland ffs.

His choices were: a) walk or b) pretend to be happy with this squad and pretend to have compiled it. Bugger that.

What has Keegan had to put up with that SBR didnt? Nobody's blameless in this entire episode, even the fans have fucked up. Its a real shameful episode in NUFC history and as the owner Ashley has to take a big chunk of responsiblty for it.

How diferent things would of been had we gone out and made an appointment straight away, i cant see an end to this, especially with JK in charge.

I just want the whole thing to be over. Ashley's reign, over. Wise's job, over. Kinnear's tenure, over. The obsession with Keegan, over.

We need to move on but we also need to make sure it's under the right people. When the changes finally come I will be fully focused on the future, I don't want any remnants of this shameful episode to remain at the club.

He couldn't possibly say anything man, we've talked about untenable positions, that would have been the worst of the lot. Remember Ashley's huff when KK said we couldn't compete with Chelsea? He'd be admitting we couldn't compete with sunderland ffs.

His choices were: a) walk or b) pretend to be happy with this squad and pretend to have compiled it. Bugger that.

Of course he could have said something, he's done it before when walking out of the club and he was brought back under Sir John.  Keegan wasn't the only person who said that we couldn't compete with Chelsea, Mort said axactly the same thing and backed Keegan.

Keegan could easily done something different to option a or b.

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the shit for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

Spoken to him, have you?

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

Considering thats the crux of your entire argument thats an incredibly turdish and quite frankly ridculous claim.

Old age affecting your memory or is it just selective nowadays? ;)

Spoken to him, have you?

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

why is it a choice ? i believe neither of them.

to me the squad is very similar to roeders full season.

This isn't the worst and smallest squad we've had since 1992, it's not even the worst or smallest squad we've had in the last 5 years, I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

Before Ashley arrived we'd already decided that certain players were not getting new contracts.  Bramble, Pav, Moore, Bernard, Gooch, Babayaro and Sibierski were already going.  We also got rid of first teamers in Parker, Nobby and Dyer in the first summer transfer window, we've since got rid of Rozenhal, Emre, Faye and Milner.

We've brought in Viduka who is never fit enough and as I've highlighted Rozenhal so I'll have to mention that he was also brought in, Barton, Geremi, Smith (spit), Cacapa, Enrique, Faye, Beye, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Bassong, Coloccini and Gonzalez.  I'd rather have the players that we brought in than the ones we let go, Nobby, Faye and Milner were worth keeping, the others were not.

As for lack of squad depth, we've got rid of 14 players who could be classed as first team squad players and we had already told 7 of those 14 that they were going before Ashley arrived, we've brought in 15 players who could be classed as squad players.  Even if we include the 7 who were already going we have added 1 to our squad, take out the 7 and we're 8 better off.

Spoken to him, have you?

why is it a choice ? i believe neither of them.

to me the squad is very similar to roeders full season.

I'd take this squad over Roeders 10 times out of ten, that was a horrendously bad squad.  Craig Moore, Robbie Elliot, Baba, Carr, Parker, Solano at RB, Titus, Shola, Sibierski....i could go on.

compare that with our weakest players nowaday, Cacapa, Taylor, Butt, Duff, Nacho (?), Xisco (?).

Would they not have sacked him for coming out with that though?

I've always felt they thought he was easily replaceable.

yeah, they basically sacked him for doing that in private when he went to llambias with his criticisms and llambias effectively told him he was sacked, a line took up by every newspaper or media source in the country. took the best part of a whole day for the club to put out a carefully worded statement saying otherwise (ie backtracking) but by then the situation was untenable.

what's most sad is that the situation could have been avoided if Ashley had taken a more hands on role instead of delegating chairmanship to lackeys who are not qualified for their positions, or decided to back keegan instead of them when the two met in London.

Spoken to him, have you?

What a load of f*cking tripe man.

When we get to a situation where we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Taylor & Solano in a back-four, and a freebie plucked from City's subs bench in the side, then I'll believe we have the weakest squad since 1992.

Guest Washington_Mag

Spoken to him, have you?

When we get to a situation where we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Taylor & Solano in a back-four, and a freebie plucked from City's subs bench in the side, then I'll believe we have the weakest squad since 1992.

How is that a worse squad than our current one?

Our current one is fucking shite that has no bottle, 6 points from a possible 27 says it all really.

Spoken to him, have you?

How is that a worse squad than our current one?

Our current one is f***ing s**** that has no bottle, 6 points from a possible 27 says it all really.

And we finished about 2-3 points ahead of West Ham who were in the relegation zone all season in that one. We'll finish with more points this season than we did that one.