Those complaining of "Lack Of Passion"...

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I went to watch my brother today, and his team got stuffed 5-1 he didn't get on till bout 60 minutes god knows why the lad he replaced he was piss poor. Now they were like us yesterday lacking of passion, but I thought. They have no relation to the team just like the majority of our lads. I imagine most hadn't heard of us before we came in for them.

But what about personal pride? You know that old "Hang on lads were getting made to look like fucking mugs here?" I mean the opposition today were going "Nor nor I want to score next like" and I tried to convey that to them that they are embarassing you, but no avail, but then their coach is useless.

But surely if things aren't going well the lads band together and say right lets sort this out, it just seems like too many are content to lull, its weird to me, surely your own pride comes into it?

I went to watch my brother today, and his team got stuffed 5-1 he didn't get on till bout 60 minutes god knows why the lad he replaced he was piss poor. Now they were like us yesterday lacking of passion, but I thought. They have no relation to the team just like the majority of our lads. I imagine most hadn't heard of us before we came in for them.

But what about personal pride? You know that old "Hang on lads were getting made to look like f***ing mugs here?" I mean the opposition today were going "Nor nor I want to score next like" and I tried to convey that to them that they are embarassing you, but no avail, but then their coach is useless.

But surely if things aren't going well the lads band together and say right lets sort this out, it just seems like too many are content to lull, its weird to me, surely your own pride comes into it?

How old is he?, if you don't mind me asking like. I agree with what you say like, to many players in our squad are just to quiet to pipe up and lead or quite happy to let someone else take responsibility.

Guest Heneage

He's 15 mate. And arguably the best on the park he actually looks to pass and passes very well.

It just seems like too many of our players are happy to pick up the cheques sign the shirts. Tuesday will tell.

Oh also when was swearing de-classified in Kids footie? Used to be straight red few year back, my brother told the ref to F-off and was not the only one (Dont worry duely reprimanded by me and made him apologise to the ref after the game.) Kids as young as 15 swearing like troopers.

At Uni one of my mates got sent off in the 93rd minute for shouting 'oh fuck off' when the ref gave a throw the wrong way. Hits you with a 3 game suspension and a £50 fine too.

So if they continue on that way, they'll get quite a shock at uni!

(this was 3 years ago)

swearing's ok as long as its not aimed at anyone personally imo, like shouting 'fuck!' if you miss is a completely different thing than telling someone to fuck off. you have to let people vent their frustration if you want them to play with passion, not everyone can be articulate

swearing's ok as long as its not aimed at anyone personally imo, like shouting 'f***!' if you miss is a completely different thing than telling someone to f*** off. you have to let people vent their frustration if you want them to play with passion, not everyone can be articulate

Well said.

I play u16's and the swearing can be pretty bad at times. When we play the 'rougher' teams, their coaches are normally worse than the players tbh. Some refs clamp down on it but not enough imo.

Guest Washington_Mag

But what about personal pride? You know that old "Hang on lads were getting made to look like fucking mugs here?" I mean the opposition today were going "Nor nor I want to score next like" and I tried to convey that to them that they are embarassing you, but no avail, but then their coach is useless.

Is the owner trying to sell the club?

Is there a temp. manager that is a clueless fuckpig?

Does his manager play players out of position?

swearing's ok as long as its not aimed at anyone personally imo, like shouting 'f***!' if you miss is a completely different thing than telling someone to f*** off. you have to let people vent their frustration if you want them to play with passion, not everyone can be articulate

This is spot on, I'm a referee and that's how I go on. I've got no problem with banter as long as it doesn't turn sour.  :shifty:

At Uni one of my mates got sent off in the 93rd minute for shouting 'oh fuck off' when the ref gave a throw the wrong way. Hits you with a 3 game suspension and a £50 fine too.

So if they continue on that way, they'll get quite a shock at uni!

(this was 3 years ago)

My mate got sent off a couple of years ago for exactly the same thing. If you mouth to the ref down here tho its a £35 fine and a 35 day suspension.

Trapping off gets you a longer suspension than nearly breaking someones leg sometimes. Bloody stupid really.

This is spot on, I'm a referee and that's how I go on. I've got no problem with banter as long as it doesn't turn sour.  :shifty:

Unfortunately a lot of Sunday/Pub football referees don't share the same view as you. A lot of them like their little bit of power.

Well said.

I play u16's and the swearing can be pretty bad at times. When we play the 'rougher' teams, their coaches are normally worse than the players tbh. Some refs clamp down on it but not enough imo.

Who do you play for ?