N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

He was class for Roeder when we finished 7th but then he got Duff for £5m and had to show conviction in his purchase

He wasn't Allardyce's type of player, probably too enigmatic for him. In addition he didn't have confidence in Enrique at LB

Keegan returned and Duff was given yet another reprieve from a man who had probably last watched him when he was doing the business for Chelsea

Zog is probably the most talented winger/midfielder we've had since Robert, got him for next to nowt and yet some other c***ing club will reap the rewards. A massive indictment of all the above, sickening tbh

Guest Heneage

Talented player who's been terribly mis-handled by numerous incompetent managers.

I've got a feeling the lad's a bit of a handful and causes a few headaches but it's the managers job to handle the players he has and, well... manage them properly and get the best out of them. We could be losing a player for a pittance who'll have a very good career somewhere else. :hmm:

He seems one of the quieter members of the squad really. I just wish we would play the lad.

dont know why people think we will be buying players in jan? deffo not jk's players anyway anyone coming in will be wise's players.

but who would really join newcastle at this time? they would be mad. i cant see it happening.  all i can see is owen, zog maybe few more wanting out.

He's better than Duff and ideally I would like to keep him due to the squad situation and his apparent versatility, but he's done fuck all for 2 and a half seasons now, and for some reason never seems to get any stick at all, especially when you compare it to the amount of grief Milner got.

He's better than Duff and ideally I would like to keep him due to the squad situation and his apparent versatility, but he's done fuck all for 2 and a half seasons now, and for some reason never seems to get any stick at all, especially when you compare it to the amount of grief Milner got.

Wouldn't go that far. He started last season very well under Fat Sam at LB, scoring and creating a fair few goals.

If he'd been left alone in the team, in his preferred position, I think it's undoubtable he'd have offered more than Duff/Milner would when played in his position (LW).

Thing is, like Enrique, as soon as he has one bad game he's usually taken straight off/out, while the likes of Duff can be bad over and over again and still get picked.

He was class for Roeder when we finished 7th but then he got Duff for £5m and had to show conviction in his purchase

He wasn't Allardyce's type of player, probably too enigmatic for him. In addition he didn't have confidence in Enrique at LB

Keegan returned and Duff was given yet another reprieve from a man who had probably last watched him when he was doing the business for Chelsea

Zog is probably the most talented winger/midfielder we've had since Robert, got him for next to nowt and yet some other c***ing club will reap the rewards. A massive indictment of all the above, sickening tbh

Jonas>Charlie.

Jonas>Charlie.

True dat. I think I'd rather see Jonas/Geremi on the flanks than Duff/Jonas, to be honest.

Jonas looks better on the left and Geremi, while being slow, does actually offer benefits to the team: i.e. assists/set-plays.

I thought Gezza was bad at corners until I saw Duff's yesterday.

Wouldn't go that far. He started last season very well under Fat Sam at LB, scoring and creating a fair few goals.

If he'd been left alone in the team, in his preferred position, I think it's undoubtable he'd have offered more than Duff/Milner would when played in his position (LW).

Thing is, like Enrique, as soon as he has one bad game he's usually taken straight off/out, while the likes of Duff can be bad over and over again and still get picked.

From a going forward perspective he certainly did, seemed to revel in having more space when coming forward, much like he did in the 2nd half against Wigan last week. Shocking defensively though, but I don't entirely blame him for that, but things like his lack of intelligence when playing full-back I do blame him for, trying to beat people when he's stuck in the corner, not taking the safe option, he's thick as mince at times man. But his raw talent is what makes him what he is.

Of course he'd have offered more than Duff and Milner, I don't doubt that, although that year Duff came in, when Charlie did play, despite how bad Duff was Charlie was even worse. Although it's still criminal that he can't get in the team ahead of Duff.

Jonas>Charlie.

True dat. I think I'd rather see Jonas/Geremi on the flanks than Duff/Jonas, to be honest.

Jonas looks better on the left and Geremi, while being slow, does actually offer benefits to the team: i.e. assists/set-plays.

I thought Gezza was bad at corners until I saw Duff's yesterday.

I've been saying for sometime that I think Jonas is better on the left, as he's better cutting in from that side, and when he runs with the ball, coming in from out wide to a central position with his style will only help us, as it will create more space in the middle of the pitch, and he's liable to win more set pieces from central areas as well.

And despite Geremi's frustrating habit of putting in 5 shite balls in a row, he does have that rather nice habit of putting in the odd world-class cross as well.

Guest Heneage

He's never been a Left Back playing at that position is not where he's suited, I'm all for in an emergency but we had a Left back. We basically sent him the message that if you want to play you have to play at Left back, not every player is versatile some players can only play one position.

The whole situation makes me sad.

Everything at the moment is depressing as fuck man.

Cheer up you old bugger. Give us a grin!

He's never been a Left Back playing at that position is not where he's suited, I'm all for in an emergency but we had a Left back. We basically sent him the message that if you want to play you have to play at Left back, not every player is versatile some players can only play one position.

I don't buy the "he can't play LB" stuff. He must have played a few dozen times now in competitive football and he's had some stormers there, mainly going forward (as Tooj said).

I certainly see the merit of him playing there against weaker teams, particularly at home (as KK did). But it's easy to forget he was there at Old Trafford this season, where we put in a very credible performance front and back.

It's a funny one. For as much as I try to give Duff the benefit of the doubt, I just cannot see what he offers to the team bar his experience/attitude (saw him marshalling Jose a couple of times yesterday, which I can't imagine Zog would do). If you're talking about making other teams worry, pace and end product, then there's surely only one winner?

Jonas>Charlie.

I know

but I was talking about talent and Charles has more than Jonas imo. Jonas looks a very good player but a manufactured one tbh, fantastic athleticism first and foremost.

Guest Heneage

I don't buy the "he can't play LB" stuff. He must have played a few dozen times now in competitive football and he's had some stormers there, mainly going forward (as Tooj said).

I certainly see the merit of him playing there against weaker teams, particularly at home (as KK did). But it's easy to forget he was there at Old Trafford this season, where we put in a very credible performance front and back.

It's a funny one. For as much as I try to give Duff the benefit of the doubt, I just cannot see what he offers to the team bar his experience/attitude (saw him marshalling Jose a couple of times yesterday, which I can't imagine Zog would do). If you're talking about making other teams worry, pace and end product, then there's surely only one winner?

But thats the problem as he is a Winger by trade, he doesn't have the mental discipline to get back track his marker that sort of thing. Its rare that attacking fullbacks (Carlos springs to mind) have the sheer pace to get back and cover as well being an attacking force.

I think after his goal last year against them he  should start against the Boro. Johnson rarely convinces me for them at left back and I think Jonas may tear him a new one, and Duff's unlikely to get past Hoytes pace.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of fee we'll get for Zog if he signs for Paris or Bayern. The only thing I know for sure is there won't be any similar interest in Damien Puff no matter how long he keeps getting picked ahead of N'Zogbia.

He's better than Duff and ideally I would like to keep him due to the squad situation and his apparent versatility, but he's done f*** all for 2 and a half seasons now, and for some reason never seems to get any stick at all, especially when you compare it to the amount of grief Milner got.

I think because everyone can see what a truly quality player he is, people always have hope that his day will come. I think with old charlie you can tell that he's not a no-mark player in terms of talent and physical ability. Milner's problem was his pace, and that's something you can't change.

Guest Heneage

Having watched PSG last night he will fit in there ideal, good crop of young guys, and crying out ofr a good left winger as Rothen is poor.

He played extensive minutes in 06/07 because of Duff's (and our entire squad's) injury woes. Roeder played him on the left, the right, and the center. He was utter, utter, unmitigated shit.

He played plenty of games again in 07/08. Allardyce played him at left back which is not admittedly his best position, but he was stunted going forward and useless defensively. He contributed nothing. Keegan played him briefly, but he had no part in our end of the season resurgence.

This season he's been even worse at left back than he was in 07/08.

He has contributed absolutely nothing to the club since his spell in 05/06. All of this has been accompanied by whining to the tabloids and asking for a transfer every single transfer window and falling out in some form with every manager that's been here.

Is it really realistic to think that Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, and Kinnear, who all see him in training, see him playing close-up, know him personally, and know far more about football than we ever will are all simply deluded idiots, and that the fans are the only ones who see his talent?

I think he's simply of a case of potential going to waste because of bad attitude. I won't shed a tear when he leaves.