Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

f***ing hell, how did we invite them into the game like that? Embarrassing second half.

Still did well enough to get us three points, some confidence and some breathing space. We need to do a whole lot better with Aston Villa coming up though.

./

I am not liking Kinnear's tactics at protecting leads. How can you replace your two best pacy outlets with players who are slower, but will be fulfilling the same exact roles. Thank the lord for Damien Duff, or the ball would never have left our half. Xisco for Martins was espeically pointless.

I thought Xisco was coming on for Shola! That was definitely a crazy sub.

Mowbray is clueless. He lost the game by not starting Miller. Terrible move but thank God he did it.

Jonas on one leg is better than Geremi, might as well have kept him on.

Don't think i've seen a difference in teams from one half to another like that for a long, long time. Absolutely horrendous management, he got that one all wrong. Pitiful to watch, absolutely pitiful.

Like i say, it's just so excruciating when you look at the quality of the first half. We could have tonked a lot of goals past them.

Fuck off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

Wouldn't really say it was either of the centre halves fault to be honest. The ball through to Miller was brilliant, not sure what Coloccini could've done differently, made him look a bit dumb but the ball was brilliantly placed and weighted.

Absolutely huge 3 points, going into games against Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Boro. If we can take 10 points fromm those 5 games I'll be happy.

It was whoever's job to organise the defence's fault. They were about 15 yards away from eachother ffs, there was a chasm to send the ball into, it wasn't a good ball by any means.

I do think the second half performance was partly due to fatigue as we did work extremely hard in the first half.

Also, Kinnear was just so desperate for a win, he couldn't help himself with the more defensive approach.

Hopefully, now the first win under Kinnear is out of the way, we he can just loosen up a bit and be more positive over the 90.

To Kinnear's credit he got the starting lineup right, which was a pretty big deal tonight.

Fuck off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

Wouldn't really say it was either of the centre halves fault to be honest. The ball through to Miller was brilliant, not sure what Coloccini could've done differently, made him look a bit dumb but the ball was brilliantly placed and weighted.

Absolutely huge 3 points, going into games against Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Boro. If we can take 10 points fromm those 5 games I'll be happy.

It was whoever's job to organise the defence's fault. They were about 15 yards away from eachother ffs, there was a chasm to send the ball into, it wasn't a good ball by any means.

It seems to me that all of the Taylor fanbois try to blame Coloccini all the time and all the Coloccini fanbois try to blame Taylor all the time.

Can it never be none of their faults like? :lol:

Bassong at left back next game please btw.

How about instead of chopping and changing every single game we keep playing the only actual left back we've got at the club so he can get some match fitness and consistency?

f*** off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

It seems to me that all of the Taylor fanbois try to blame Coloccini all the time and all the Coloccini fanbois try to blame Taylor all the time.

The centre backs were blameless.

Duff's fault for losing the ball so stupidly.

The scapegoat is Duff.

f***ing hell, how did we invite them into the game like that? Embarrassing second half.

Still did well enough to get us three points, some confidence and some breathing space. We need to do a whole lot better with Aston Villa coming up though.

./

I am not liking Kinnear's tactics at protecting leads. How can you replace your two best pacy outlets with players who are slower, but will be fulfilling the same exact roles. Thank the lord for Damien Duff, or the ball would never have left our half. Xisco for Martins was espeically pointless.

To be fair he did that because both Martins and Gutierrez were knackered.  Although he should have brought on someone like N'Zogbia instead I suppose.  Hopefully both of them as well as Barton will be able to last much longer against Villa.

Guest cfhpantera27

Shola :lol:

He does try hard, but he's just simply not good enough.

Needs to be replaced ASAP, but until Viduka gets back it's unlikely.

this

f*** off those of you saying it was Coloccini's fault for the second, that should have been the other centre half's ball, colo had the man and should have just shielded him out of the way while Taylor intercepted it. They were way too far apart and far too deep from the midfield too, unorganisation yet again causing problems.

The centre backs were blameless.

Duff's fault for losing the ball so stupidly.

The scapegoat is Duff.

mackems.gif

That second half left my shaking more from nerves than from the cold!

Despite the weak passes and lost balls, the first half was a joy to watch. Running forward with the ball and passing the ball into space was something that hasn't been seen so far this season. A bad second half of tactics and player nerves was very difficult to bare but 3 points in the bag is all that counts. It just shows how much we need our first choice 11 and a strong bench in order to climb the table.

A defeat for spurs/fellow strugglers tomorrow and the disappointment of only 2 points from the everton, man citeh and the sh*te game is reduced. Fingers crossed to this being the confidence boost that we so desperately need!

Thought Xisco or Zog should have came on around the 60 minute mark, we were looking very stale by then.

If West Brom had some quality in their ranks we would have drawn this one, but we should never have conceded that goal in the first place. How did a gap that large appear between the centerbacks?

I was too pissed off to be nervous tbh. Was just so predictable that they were gonna score... fortunately, West Brom are shite. Shame Kinnear didn't acknowledge that.

Andy Gray can say what he likes about their nice passing football; they were shite and we should have knocked a bundle past them.

Newcastle United doesn't consolidate a victory. We learnt that with Allardyce - it's just not what we do. We've got players there that are too vulnerable to sit back and defend a result. We're just not good enough at it! We're back to Allardyce only worse like this. We're quite clearly a footballing side, if we put our mind to it, we've got a lot of quality in an attacking sense. Don't play all-out defense with an attacking unit.

Crying out loud.

Fucking woeful management.

14  Everton  9  0  2  3  5  11  2  1  1  8  8  -6  9

15 Newcastl 10 2 1 2 7 7 0 2 3 5 11 -6 9

16 Wigan 9 1 1 3 3 8 1 1 2 8 5 -2 8

17 Fulham 8 2 1 1 4 3 0 1 3 2 5 -2 8

18 Bolton 9 1 2 1 4 4 1 0 4 4 8 -4 8

19 Stoke 9 2 0 2 7 8 0 1 4 3 10 -8 7

20 Tottenha 9 1 1 3 4 5 0 1 3 3 7 -5 5

looks better though

I was too pissed off to be nervous tbh. Was just so predictable that they were gonna score... fortunately, West Brom are s****. Shame Kinnear didn't acknowledge that.

Andy Gray can say what he likes about their nice passing football; they were s**** and we should have knocked a bundle past them.

Newcastle United doesn't consolidate a victory. We learnt that with Allardyce - it's just not what we do. We've got players there that are too vulnerable to sit back and defend a result. We're just not good enough at it! We're back to Allardyce only worse like this. We're quite clearly a footballing side, if we put our mind to it, we've got a lot of quality in an attacking sense. Don't play all-out defense with an attacking unit.

Crying out loud.

f***ing woeful management.

Yep.

West Brom are no mugs this year

Until Manu they had only lost by the odd goal to Villa, Arsenal, beat boro away, beat fulham, beat west ham

Good result

A bit of bloody sense at last. Kinnear deserves a lot of praise IMO for what he's achieved here, not contempt.

I was too pissed off to be nervous tbh. Was just so predictable that they were gonna score... fortunately, West Brom are shite. Shame Kinnear didn't acknowledge that.

Andy Gray can say what he likes about their nice passing football; they were shite and we should have knocked a bundle past them.

Crying out loud.

Fucking woeful management.

Woah now, common lets not go far to far now, we do have a problem with trying to sit back and defend leads far to much at the moment but we are not worse then we were with Allardyce!  With Allardyce we used to defend the 0-0 from the start!.. against Derby now less!  We played zero Football, at least now we can pass the ball on the floor.