Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How will everyone react to Ashley if its true that Keegan caused the majority of the problems? Im actually unhappy that Kinnears said all this, its like the "leak" about the players Keegan wanted, despicable way of doing things but interesting all the same.

Will people still want Ashley to f*** off even if he's the 'victim'?

Of course Keegan caused some of the rumpus that has benn obvious from about day 1 but I will always remember KK fondly. I still like SBR I dont hold "THAT WOLVES" game against him or the statement he made afterwards against him.

Of course some people will want him to f*** regardless. Me, if he stays we need to improve the first team & we need to pounce at 00:01 on 01 Jan 2009 & announce our overseas Bosman signings for that summer & then move on from there improving the first team.

Since Ashley has taken over do you not think that there has been an improvement in the quality of the squad year on year?

As we sit 20th for the first time in 9 years I am not so sure. None of the defenders signed have helped reduce the amount of goals flowing in, we have seen a huge rise. None of the strikers signed are better than Oba, Owen & Shola atm. As for the midfield Parker, Dyer, Nobby, Emre, Milner & of course Luque all out, I dont think we have upgraded that much.

Either the squad is stronger or it isnt?

What the manager does with the squad is a completely different question and how much the squad has improved is a question of subjectivity.

The fact is is that the squad HAS improved, its improved by virtue of the fact of the number of wasters we've got rid of, if the squad hadnt imprved at all then id be with you but as it has its enough proof for me that Ashley had good intnetions for the club. Imagine how much the squad could of improved had we had a manager who was completely on board with the rest of the club...

Okay then it has not improved or it has not kept pace with other clubs improvements, that is why Mike Ashley sacked Sam as the team was doing shite compared to others & it is why we  are 20th for the 1st time in 9 years.

I think Big Sam got rid of most of the wasters not Mike Ashley, in fact what did Ashley have to do with any of the incoming signings? He was not manager or even ED(F).

How will everyone react to Ashley if its true that Keegan caused the majority of the problems? Im actually unhappy that Kinnears said all this, its like the "leak" about the players Keegan wanted, despicable way of doing things but interesting all the same.

Will people still want Ashley to f*** off even if he's the 'victim'?

Of course Keegan caused some of the rumpus that has benn obvious from about day 1 but I will always remember KK fondly. I still like SBR I dont hold "THAT WOLVES" game against him or the statement he made afterwards against him.

Of course some people will want him to f*** regardless. Me, if he stays we need to improve the first team & we need to pounce at 00:01 on 01 Jan 2009 & announce our overseas Bosman signings for that summer & then move on from there improving the first team.

Since Ashley has taken over do you not think that there has been an improvement in the quality of the squad year on year?

As we sit 20th for the first time in 9 years I am not so sure. None of the defenders signed have helped reduce the amount of goals flowing in, we have seen a huge rise. None of the strikers signed are better than Oba, Owen & Shola atm. As for the midfield Parker, Dyer, Nobby, Emre, Milner & of course Luque all out, I dont think we have upgraded that much.

Either the squad is stronger or it isnt?

What the manager does with the squad is a completely different question and how much the squad has improved is a question of subjectivity.

The fact is is that the squad HAS improved, its improved by virtue of the fact of the number of wasters we've got rid of, if the squad hadnt imprved at all then id be with you but as it has its enough proof for me that Ashley had good intnetions for the club. Imagine how much the squad could of improved had we had a manager who was completely on board with the rest of the club...

Okay then it has not improved or it has not kept pace with other clubs improvements, that is why Mike Ashley sacked Sam as the team was doing s**** compared to others & it is why we  are 20th for the 1st time in 9 years.

I think Big Sam got rid of most of the wasters not Mike Ashley, in fact what did Ashley have to do with any of the incoming signings? He was not manager or even ED(F).

And now we know that theres a reason other than his apparent "prudency" for reason our squad apprenntly hasnt improved....

If it turns out to be true that Keegan hindered the progress of the club he will come very close to losing his legendary status with me.

Our squad is awful.  Weak all over the place.  The number of times we have had to fill the bench with kids is disgraceful really.  Oh, but we have had injuries blah blah blah, so what, we have always had major injury issues in recent years. 

This whole episode needs sorting and fast so we can move on and let JK go elsewhere before we get so deep we can get off the bottom.

I just hope Mike Ashley is making every effort to sell the club at a reasonable price. If there is no buyer found he will not be allowed to run the club like a scrap dealer with JFK running round with a barrow, wheeling and dealing like Del and fucking Rodney.

I just hope Mike Ashley is making every effort to sell the club at a reasonable price. If there is no buyer found he will not be allowed to run the club like a scrap dealer with JFK running round with a barrow, wheeling and dealing like Del and fucking Rodney.

he might have to accept that he's not going to get his money back and sell for a loss below £200m. either that or he's going to have to invest long overdue money in january.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The people

Newcastle United insiders say Joe Kinnear has got it wrong over claims Mike Ashley is ready to take the club off the market.

Kinnear caught Newcastle's top brass by surprise when he claimed on Friday that Ashley was not selling the club and that all would be revealed at a meeting after the game with Chelsea in three weeks' time.

A United source told the People: "A meeting? That is news to us. As far as we are concerned Mike Ashley is trying to sell the club and talks are on-going with several interested parties."

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

I look forward to it, it'll be like finding out father Christmas isn't real all over again for some of the mongs on here if it turns out Keegan isn't the victim.

Not really, no. At least then though you'll have your wish of being proved right over Leazes, f*** what happens to the club though.

LM's eternal wish is to be proved right above anything else, if his argument logic is to go by!

• 1 year later...