Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is, regardless of whether Ashley stays, I just don't think many fans are convinced of the DoF system, and especially with Dennis Wise holding that position.

They would remain suspicious of both even if a top manager was brought in IMO.

I wonder if Ashley has looked at what Spurs have done and thought that maybe a total change is the way to go

I've been wondering that too, today, given that he seems to have been following a Spurs model from the beginning.

Guest Howaythetoon

Thing is, regardless of whether Ashley stays, I just don't think many fans are convinced of the DoF system, and especially with Dennis Wise holding that position.

They would remain suspicious of both even if a top manager was brought in IMO.

I wonder if Ashley has looked at what Spurs have done and thought that maybe a total change is the way to go

I've been wondering that too, today, given that he seems to have been following a Spurs model from the beginning.

Thought it was Arsenal we were trying to emulate?

Guest Howaythetoon

What Ashley needs to do:

Publicly apologise for the way in which the club has handled the transfer window, the departure of KK and the total lack of communication in general since he took over. I personally don't need him to hold his own hands up and say it was all his fault or whatever (I doubt he personally was at fault for many of the bad decisions), I just want him to address the situation, recognise how wrong he was regarding his set-up, the part that played in KK's resignation and how damaging the lack of communication has been. I want this to be unscripted, maybe an interview with Trevor Macdonald :lol:

He then needs to be ruthless. He needs to get rid of Wise et al and Kinnear too. He then needs to commit to the club and bring in a manager for the long-term and allow that manager to have total control. He then needs to go away and let that manager run the club and should results improve and the club moves on, I think fans will eventually accept him back if not exactly like him or trust him.

He also needs to settle up with KK and to end any acrimony between the two.

If he truly did have feelings for the club and wanted to be a part of it he'd do just that. It would be quite an easy decision for him to do and the right thing to be honest. Then when the club is healthy and someone comes in and offers him a huge sum of money for it he can sell it and walk away through the front door rather than the back door.

IMO why should he commit millions of pounds for a Souness type manager to waste. That is what we are asking him to do if we discard the chief exec. Dof or whatever you call it.

He has paid off the debt from the ridiculous years of that type of rule.

Its not going to happen.

Like it or not we are going to be dragged kicking and screaming into this type of management, Taggart ,Redknapp etc are bucking the trend but there is to much money at stake nowadays to give it to one bloke to fritter away.

What he needs to do is get out and sell up for what he has paid, no more. If he is looking for a profit then he deserves all the shit that is going to come his way from us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont want KK back. If some arrangement could have been made in the first month i would have had him back but too much water is under yhe bridge now.

If Shearer dosnt want it then i would stick with JK until the end of the season unless we can get a Jol, Hiddink, Van Gaal, Advocaat type manager in

It's not really up to us if we give Mike Ashley a second chance or not. He owns Newcastle United like it or not. If he can't sell it for what he wants he well keep it until a buyer is willing to pay what he wants. That may take weeks, months or even years. We're used to having an unpopular owner. If that turns out to be the case I hope he supports it with the required money to keep us in the Premiership.

How are these boycotts of his businesses going? It's all well and good saying don't go to Sports Direct but if someone can get something they want there more cheaply than anywhere else 99% are still going to do it.

How will everyone react to Ashley if its true that Keegan caused the majority of the problems? Im actually unhappy that Kinnears said all this, its like the "leak" about the players Keegan wanted, despicable way of doing things but interesting all the same.

Will people still want Ashley to fuck off even if he's the 'victim'?

Guest Darth Toon

Will people still want Ashley to fuck off even if he's the 'victim'?

I just can't see any way in which we wouldn't have heard about it already if that was the case - I really think the "Fact" statement and KK transfer talk was their best shot.

Another factor we need to consider now is that quite a few of the players have now spoken up in support of KK, and it's clear he retains a lot of support in the dressing room - JFK hinting darkly about him to the press isn't going to do him any favours in their eyes either, and we really need everyone on the playing side pulling in the same direction right now.

I actually voted that I think Ashley could stay, but only with the caveats outlined re Wise, new manager etc - I'm now getting concerned that he may try to cling on without conceding any ground, which will only drag us further down.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

I look forward to it, it'll be like finding out father Christmas isn't real all over again for some of the mongs on here if it turns out Keegan isn't the victim.

That is fucking sad post by a Newcastle United fan it Mackemesq.

How will everyone react to Ashley if its true that Keegan caused the majority of the problems? Im actually unhappy that Kinnears said all this, its like the "leak" about the players Keegan wanted, despicable way of doing things but interesting all the same.

Will people still want Ashley to f*** off even if he's the 'victim'?

Of course Keegan caused some of the rumpus that has benn obvious from about day 1 but I will always remember KK fondly. I still like SBR I dont hold "THAT WOLVES" game against him or the statement he made afterwards against him.

Of course some people will want him to fuck regardless. Me, if he stays we need to improve the first team & we need to pounce at 00:01 on 01 Jan 2009 & announce our overseas Bosman signings for that summer & then move on from there improving the first team.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

I look forward to it, it'll be like finding out father Christmas isn't real all over again for some of the mongs on here if it turns out Keegan isn't the victim.

That is fucking sad post by a Newcastle United fan it Mackemesq.

You do know Santa isn't real, don't you?

Sorry if I just broke it to you.

That is f***ing sad post by a Newcastle United fan it Mackemesq.

You do know Santa isn't real, don't you?

Sorry if I just broke it to you.

:lol:

So if Keegan is to be proved to be the bad guy after all, why didnt Ashley just come out immediately and tell us. Then we could have moved on straight away and salvaged something of the season.

What about the, "it is a fact that..." statement, which went down like a lead balloon?

That statement never clarified the main issue here - IS IT FACT DENNIS WISE DOES HAVE FINAL SAY ON BUYING PLAYERS ON OCCASIONS OR NOT?

Although it very strongly hinted that is the case, by saying its a fact Keegan had agreed to this set up, and Keegan had agreed not to talk transfers to the press etc.

But then that brings around the whole point of the damn thing - Ashley & Wise have lied to the fans, and seemingly KK, by saying at the time Keegan does have final say on players.

It that wasnt the case, they could have simply put IT IS A FACT DENNIS WISE DOES NOT HAVE FINAL SAY ON PLAYERS on their pathetic statement, but they didnt.

Of course Keegan caused some of the rumpus that has benn obvious from about day 1 but I will always remember KK fondly. I still like SBR I dont hold "THAT WOLVES" game against him or the statement he made afterwards against him.

Of course some people will want him to f*** regardless. Me, if he stays we need to improve the first team & we need to pounce at 00:01 on 01 Jan 2009 & announce our overseas Bosman signings for that summer & then move on from there improving the first team.

Since Ashley has taken over do you not think that there has been an improvement in the quality of the squad year on year?

Of course some people will want him to f*** regardless. Me, if he stays we need to improve the first team & we need to pounce at 00:01 on 01 Jan 2009 & announce our overseas Bosman signings for that summer & then move on from there improving the first team.

Since Ashley has taken over do you not think that there has been an improvement in the quality of the squad year on year?

As we sit 20th for the first time in 9 years I am not so sure. None of the defenders signed have helped reduce the amount of goals flowing in, we have seen a huge rise. None of the strikers signed are better than Oba, Owen & Shola atm. As for the midfield Parker, Dyer, Nobby, Emre, Milner & of course Luque all out, I dont think we have upgraded that much.

As we sit 20th for the first time in 9 years I am not so sure. None of the defenders signed have helped reduce the amount of goals flowing in, we have seen a huge rise. None of the strikers signed are better than Oba, Owen & Shola atm. As for the midfield Parker, Dyer, Nobby, Emre, Milner & of course Luque all out, I dont think we have upgraded that much.

So Coloccini, Beye, Enrique, Cacapa, Bassong are not better than Bramble, Babayaro, Carr, Moore and Gooch?

Viduka isn't better than Shola?

So Coloccini, Beye, Enrique, Cacapa, Bassong are not better than Bramble, Babayaro, Carr, Moore and Gooch?

CHOMP

CHOMP

You wish. :lol:

CHOMP

You wish. :lol:

CHOMP 2

Either the squad is stronger or it isnt?

What the manager does with the squad is a completely different question and how much the squad has improved is a question of subjectivity.

The fact is is that the squad HAS improved, its improved by virtue of the fact of the number of wasters we've got rid of, if the squad hadnt imprved at all then id be with you but as it has its enough proof for me that Ashley had good intnetions for the club. Imagine how much the squad could of improved had we had a manager who was completely on board with the rest of the club...