FORUM UPDATES: Slow tonight for 15 mins, doing some digging...

Dave

There are a lot of Black bars today, but I thought that was just part of the stripping down process while things were fixed.

Ah, that'll be it then. I can still see everything so I'm not seeing the trimmed bits.

Seems to be coping relatively well IMO considering there are about 300 people online right now.

Promising stuff.

These recent SMF connection problems have corrected themselves quicker that they have before. Usually its about 5 minutes or so but these ones were sorted in about 30 seconds (for me anyway)

Seems to be coping relatively well IMO considering there are about 300 people online right now.

Promising stuff.

These recent SMF connection problems have corrected themselves quicker that they have before. Usually its about 5 minutes or so but these ones were sorted in about 30 seconds (for me anyway)

Which suggests to me in layman's terms that where before it was completely overwhelming the server, now it's just being tipped over the edge.

Promising stuff.

Which suggests to me in layman's terms that where before it was completely overwhelming the server, now it's just being tipped over the edge.

:thup: sounds so. Fingers crossed

It's been hassle again for the last few minutes, not loading pages again.

Since 12am there's been maintenance ongoing in the background (fixing the Search, basically), it's a massively long process when conducted without putting the forum into "Maintenance Mode" where nobody at all can get on, and even in that mode it takes a good few hours.

I thought a day or so of variable loading times (especially a Sunday) wouldn't be too bad, rather than half a day or so completely offline.

It's been hassle again for the last few minutes, not loading pages again.

Since 12am there's been maintenance ongoing in the background (fixing the Search, basically), it's a massively long process when conducted without putting the forum into "Maintenance Mode" where nobody at all can get on, and even in that mode it takes a good few hours.

I thought a day or so of variable loading times (especially a Sunday) wouldn't be too bad, rather than half a day or so completely offline.

:thup:

Sorry about all of that today folks, been moving up to the next level of server with the new hosts.

Took the opportunity to have them do a bit of a flush on the database and fix some more nooks and crannies for us, which obviously took a fair bit of time.

Hopefully you'll find performance to be better, but we're not expecting everything to be fixed just yet. We'll have to restart the fixing of the search again, but we're hoping to have that sorted out fully by later on tonight.

The timing took us a little by surprise, obviously, but at least it's done now. That should be the last of the major upheavals for a good while (he says...)

No problems at all tonight, pages loading as fast as they could be.  Fingers crossed :thup:

Up and down like a whore's drawers for me, but it's because the search index is being created.

Aye, this is my fault, needed to do it again. If anyone is experiencing slow speeds/variable speeds on the pages, then that's why, it'll be going through the night again.

Again, this is barely an issue, but since you want stuff reporting i thought i ought to say.

Infrequently when i click to a new page, the page loads, but it defaults to a white background (but the banner remains). All the text is in Times New Roman, so there's none of the design fonts or any of the little NUFC shirt images. Everything's there, just in Times on a white background. Like i say, hardly a problem but you want stuff to be said. :thup:

Also, the Quick Reply feature frequently fails to load for me, usually in direct correlation to images (invariably avatars) also failing to load.

This isn't since the downtime today, btw.

The theme is a bit broken at the moment due to the search being offline, so we'll see if it works again when that's finished.

I've not noticed any of the other things you've mentioned, but thanks for the feedback. We'll keep an eye on it.