Chris Morgan's assault on Iain Hume

Mr. Snrub

He should be banned for life and handed over to the courts. Until the FA act this kind of disgusting behaviour will continue and someone will end up dead, take my word for it.

Presumably you'd want the courts to prosecute him then?

How long would you give him then? ???

I'd like to see him charged with GBH, which is basically what it was. If i elbowed someone in the temple for the crime of standing next to me in the street or in my job I would expect to do some prison time, especially if it ended fractured the person's skull for goodness sake.

Didn't Bowyer face a criminal charge over his stupid handbags incident with Dyer?? The world has gone mad it really has.

Can you really not see how you doing that & him doing it at the weekend aren't similar? ???

Shearer's done worse than that tbf.

Seems harsh but it's part and parcel of the game. Morgan's a big rough bastard but if the ref gave a yellow then it should stay a yellow. IMO of course.

Bollocks.

Part and parcel of the game?  Yeah, of course playing football comes with a risk of getting injured, but when someone intentionally goes out to do severe damage it's a totally different story.  Saying shit like it's part and parcel of the game is just letting thugs get away with their actions.

And please remind me when Shearer has  "done worse" than fracture someones skull and put their life in danger?  Even though Shearer has got absolutely fuck all to do with this debate.

How exactly would you go about proving that? Serious question.

Guest Chubby Jason

He should be banned for life and handed over to the courts. Until the FA act this kind of disgusting behaviour will continue and someone will end up dead, take my word for it.

I'd like to see him charged with GBH, which is basically what it was. If i elbowed someone in the temple for the crime of standing next to me in the street or in my job I would expect to do some prison time, especially if it ended fractured the person's skull for goodness sake.

Didn't Bowyer face a criminal charge over his stupid handbags incident with Dyer?? The world has gone mad it really has.

Can you really not see how you doing that & him doing it at the weekend aren't similar? ???

No.

Shearer's done worse than that tbf.

Seems harsh but it's part and parcel of the game. Morgan's a big rough b****** but if the ref gave a yellow then it should stay a yellow. IMO of course.

Shearer ever fractured anyone's skull? Very nearly causing their death? How the fuck is assaulting someone by brutally bashing in their skull "all part and parcel of the game"? What a ridiculous statement, and if you think that a yellow was reasonable punishment then I'd hate to see what a player has to do to get a red card.

First off, I never said yellow was a 'reasonable punishment'. The ref gave a yellow and I said it should stay a yellow.

Second off, can you prove he actually MEANT to fracture his skull?

Third off, Shearer kicked Neil Lennon full in the face. Should he have been banned from playing again and handed over to the courts?

You're over-reacting. It was a dangerous challenge which has unfortunately left the lad with a cracked skull. He was punished by the arbiter of the game and it should be put to bed. No reason whatsoever for bringing the police/courts into it. If that was the case you'd need a dozen bobbies on the sidelines at every game of Rugby up and down the country.

Shearer just slipped tbh O0

No.

Loads of fouls would be classed as assault if you walked up to someone and did it on the street though. :dontknow:

Morgan used his elbows as leverage and caught the lad straight in the head. It was dangerous and I've got a sneaking suspicion Morgan knew what he was doing (no-one could ever prove he meant it like). It's very unfortunate for the lad and I hope he makes a full recovery but hauling Morgan over the coals won't achieve anything. Every single CH and CF will always raise their elbows when jumping for a ball. It's a natural thing to do and every now and again there's going to be a bit of damage done to some poor sod. It's not pleasant and I feel for the lad but it happens  - it's part and parcel of the game.

Calling for courts/police is just ridiculous.

I can't imagine that Morgan was thinking "right, i'm gonna fracture his skull now, here we go..."

But i think there was some malicious intent there and that's why it's rightfully being investigated. I'm not saying he should be fined, banned for 10 games, handed over to the courts or anything like that - but it should be upgraded to a red imo, definitely. Remember the Guthrie thing? There was no need for an investigation there cos it was blatantly with malicious intent and he got a red card for it, the correct punishment.

Morgan hasn't got the correct punishment here. It was a severely dangerous tackle and it was definitely in bad taste (imo), therefore should be upgraded to red with a three-game ban. Nothing else though. Those are the rules.

Morgan used his elbows as leverage and caught the lad straight in the head. It was dangerous and I've got a sneaking suspicion Morgan knew what he was doing (no-one could ever prove he meant it like). It's very unfortunate for the lad and I hope he makes a full recovery but hauling Morgan over the coals won't achieve anything. Every single CH and CF will always raise their elbows when jumping for a ball. It's a natural thing to do and every now and again there's going to be a bit of damage done to some poor sod. It's not pleasant and I feel for the lad but it happens  - it's part and parcel of the game.

Shearer could quite easily have suffered the same fate at the hands/elbows of that Grimsby centre half a few years back.

I've no doubt he's gutted at how much he's injured him, but having watched it again it looked to me like he deliberately elbowed him, which is shocking. Should be longer than your standard 3 match ban imo.

I can't imagine that Morgan was thinking "right, i'm gonna fracture his skull now, here we go..."

But i think there was some malicious intent there and that's why it's rightfully being investigated. I'm not saying he should be fined, banned for 10 games, handed over to the courts or anything like that - but it should be upgraded to a red imo, definitely. Remember the Guthrie thing? There was no need for an investigation there cos it was blatantly with malicious intent and he got a red card for it, the correct punishment.

Morgan hasn't got the correct punishment here. It was a severely dangerous tackle and it was definitely in bad taste (imo), therefore should be upgraded to red with a three-game ban. Nothing else though. Those are the rules.

The rod the FA have made for their own back here though is that they aren't the rules.  The rules as they stand are that they shouldn't do anything, even though that's wrong in this case.

If they can dowgrade red cards to yellows (or nothing like with Beye) how can they say the referee dealt with this incident at the time and not upgrade it to a red?  Its stupid.

I'll never have to.  I've seen the video and that's proof enough for me.

Morgan has a look over his shoulder to see where the player is, Morgan then lands a perfect elbow directly to Hume's head before the ball is even there for the challenge.  Not forgetting neither player was even jumping for the ball.

Shearer could quite easily have suffered the same fate at the hands/elbows of that Grimsby centre half a few years back.

Shearer's an absolute legend but he left his elbow in there loads of times. :nods:

He took kickings from CH's but could look after himself and was a dirty bastard too. It's the moral outrage I'm more concerned with. How the severity of the injury alters people's perceptions of the incident. Oooooh he's fractured his skull.......burn the twat, throw the fucking key away, he should suffer the same fate, ban the cunt, fucking disgrace to the game...etc.

Absolutely insane.

Morgan has a look over his shoulder to see where the player is, Morgan then lands a perfect elbow directly to Hume's head before the ball is even there for the challenge.  Not forgetting neither player was even jumping for the ball.

So you couldn't prove it to anyone else?

The rod the FA have made for their own back here though is that they aren't the rules.  The rules as they stand are that they shouldn't do anything, even though that's wrong in this case.

If they can dowgrade red cards to yellows (or nothing like with Beye) how can they say the referee dealt with this incident at the time and not upgrade it to a red?  Its stupid.

I wasn't aware of, and can't say i agree with, the whole "referee made the decision so it must stand..." idea. They really shouldn't have stated that, if that's what they have done. Referees make mistakes every single weekend and if a serious one comes along like this, then an investigation is more than warranted.

It must be part of this whole respect for referees thing, surely. What's the point in making a statement like that though, when there's blatantly gonna be things to investigate? Weird.

Shearer's an absolute legend but he left his elbow in there loads of times. :nods:

He took kickings from CH's but could look after himself and was a dirty bastard too. It's the moral outrage I'm more concerned with. How the severity of the injury alters people's perceptions of the incident. Oooooh he's fractured his skull.......burn the twat, throw the fucking key away, he should suffer the same fate, ban the cunt, fucking disgrace to the game...etc.

Absolutely insane.

If what Morgan did was with deliberate malicious intent, then i'd say a bit of outrage is warranted, really. Surely that's what they're investigating, isn't it - whether or not it was deliberate?

No, I'd show them the video and let them make their own minds up.

It's more the fact he had a look and deliberately elbowed him in the head that concerns me. Nothing to do with Shearer as far as I can tell.

How do you know that? Can you prove it?

Obviously you can't prove it, you know that full well. Just the same as you can't prove that Steven Gerrard has ever dived. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I've watched it enough times to be convinced now though - although I'm well aware it's only an opinion.

No, I'd show them the video and let them make their own minds up.

Fair enough. Proving intent is virtually impossible.

They'd look at it and they would have to assume that, whilst being dangerous, it was accidental. Because they couldn't prove it was intentional. If they did, he'd appeal and he'd win.

It's a yellow. Because the ref gave a yellow.

Fucking courts and bans! :lol:

It's more the fact he had a look and deliberately elbowed him in the head that concerns me. Nothing to do with Shearer as far as I can tell.

How do you know that? Can you prove it?

Obviously you can't prove it, you know that full well. Just the same as you can't prove that Steven Gerrard has ever dived. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I've watched it enough times to be convinced now though - although I'm well aware it's only an opinion.

And has Gerrard ever been charged for diving? :nope:

Absolutely insane.

If what Morgan did was with deliberate malicious intent, then i'd say a bit of outrage is warranted, really. Surely that's what they're investigating, isn't it - whether or not it was deliberate?

:lol:

Absolutely insane.

I'm not condoning all the moral outrage.

Tbh though Midds, i'm surprised you can't see how it's deliberate. It's quite obviously done with malicious intent to me.

Absolutely insane.

I'm not condoning all the moral outrage.

Tbh though Midds, i'm surprised you can't see how it's deliberate. It's quite obviously done with malicious intent to me.

Ok, so if it's that obvious then it'll be easy to prove it then.

Fire away.