Chris Morgan's assault on Iain Hume

Mr. Snrub

I'd assume that there's some scope for Barnsley and/or Iain Hume suing Chris Morgan and/or Sheff Utd over this if Hume is unable to play football again.

Ben Collett was awarded £4.5 million following a career-ending tackle in a reserve fixture only a few weeks ago so there's a chance that Hume could be able to sue for loss of earnings & the club could sue for the loss of potential transfer revenue.

Don't understand this at all really.

How can someone get away with something like that?

So basically, there is no deterrent for doing this sort of thing on the pitch then.

In fact if anything they are encouraging it.

Sickening. The sooner these sorts of players are taken out of the game the better. I want to watch people who can actually play the game not these sorry, no talent having, so called hardmen.

Pathetic.

Insane how it wasn't upgraded to a red, at the very least. How is that not a red card offense? From this, i'm assuming an elbow to the head is only a red card offense if it's clearly intentional... is that right? Genuinely don't know, but it must be, and if it is then it's fucking mental.

Guest Geordiesned

Could Hume take Morgan through the civil courts Sned?

Yes. Essentially anyone can take a matter through the civil courts even if a case doesn't proceed through the law courts. Any such claim would be a claim for compensation sighting that Morgan's negligence was responsible for his injuries.

The police could still become involved as well though if he makes a complaint of assault against Morgan.

Could Hume take Morgan through the civil courts Sned?

Yes. Essentially anyone can take a matter through the civil courts even if a case doesn't proceed through the law courts. Any such claim would be a claim for compensation sighting that Morgan's negligence was responsible for his injuries.

The police could still become involved as well though if he makes a complaint of assault against Morgan.

Gotcha.

Be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Only saw the scar today, I know its already been said but FUCKING HELL!  :kasper:

I havent seen it yet and I think its fair to say that I dont want to now :(

The scar was from the subsequent surgery that he had and not from the challenge itself. It's not that bad. Saying that, I watch people being carved open every day..

Insane how it wasn't upgraded to a red, at the very least. How is that not a red card offense? From this, i'm assuming an elbow to the head is only a red card offense if it's clearly intentional... is that right? Genuinely don't know, but it must be, and if it is then it's fucking mental.

They already said:

"The FA has been given express direction from Fifa that we cannot upgrade yellow cards to red.

Basically, for them to pursue something after the ref has already shown a yellow, the infringement has to be clearly premeditated. If the ref hadn't seen it and not awarded a yellow, they could've given a red after.

I'm with midds on this one. Think people are getting too worked up about the consequences of the challenge. I do think Morgan is a grade a prick tho, and deserved a red.

There's a certain thing called karma.

Iain Hume did the same thing to a Scunthorpe United player, but can't remember seeing that get the media attention this has.

I doubt he did but even so, does that make what Morgan did right, then? ??? How is it even relevant?

Iain Hume did the same thing to a Scunthorpe United player, but can't remember seeing that get the media attention this has.

I doubt he did but even so, does that make what Morgan did right, then? ??? How is it even relevant?

He did exactly the same thing, but luckily Cliff Byrne didn't get a fractured skull from it. However, the injury isn't the point, it's the action.

It doesn't make it right at all. I'm just pointing out that what goes around comes around.

He did exactly the same thing, but luckily Cliff Byrne didn't get a fractured skull from it. However, the injury isn't the point, it's the action.

It doesn't make it right at all. I'm just pointing out that what goes around comes around.

Who did Cliff Byrne elbow before that then?

Guest GAMMELL

Francis Benali

Funny man, pat yourself on the back.