Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

We left Barry, Young, Agbonlahor, Laursen and Milner (!) at home.

That tells you all you need to know about how much we were bothered about that match. I'm just glad I didn't travel over there. 3000 very pissed off fans over there, I would imagine.

Guest timmy boy

Finishing 3rd in the group, is probably better than finishing second, as now you miss the Champions League drop outs and play a group winner, although you play the second leg away.

I think the depth of your squad will be why you won't pip Arsenal to 4th place. Villa were very ordinary without those five tonight, if one or two picked up an injury you would struggle to fill the void based on tonight's performance.

We left Barry, Young, Agbonlahor, Laursen and Milner (!) at home.

That tells you all you need to know about how much we were bothered about that match. I'm just glad I didn't travel over there. 3000 very pissed off fans over there, I would imagine.

Still a good trip though. Decent city,booze, night,stadium and not too far either.

Finishing 3rd in the group, is probably better than finishing second, as now you miss the Champions League drop outs and play a group winner, although you play the second leg away.

I think the depth of your squad will be why you won't pip Arsenal to 4th place. Villa were very ordinary without those five tonight, if one or two picked up an injury you would struggle to fill the void based on tonight's performance.

Our first choice are a decent match for Arsenal's first XI.

Our second XI probably aren't.

I don't rate Sidwell much, I can't ever see him starting for England.

he blatantly will in 5 years when Gerrard, Carrick, Hargreaves and Lampard are gone though

He will be about 30 himself then won't he?

I don't rate Sidwell much, I can't ever see him starting for England.

he blatantly will in 5 years when Gerrard, Carrick, Hargreaves and Lampard are gone though

He will be about 30 himself then won't he?

yes, but getting a game I suspect