Barton out for two months with medial ligament damage

LoveItIfWeBeatU

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1455830,00.html

Knee Scan For Injured Joey

By Paul Tully

MIDFIELDER Joey Barton faces a hospital scan on his right knee after leaving St. James' Park on crutches following the draw with Wigan Athletic

Barton was injured by a Lee Cattermole tackle and left the action after just 16 minutes, with Danny Guthrie replacing him.

Manager Joe Kinnear said: "Joey's got serious swelling of the knee and is on crutches.

"He's going to hospital in the morning to have a scan.

"We will find out how bad it is then. At the moment we don't really know how serious he is."

No foul was given by referee Andre Marriner as Barton crumpled under the tackle in midfield, but Kinnear said: "Contact was made with the knee."

The tackle wasn't shown on 'MOTD' highlights so I guess it showed Barton getting taken out by Cattermole (the BBC can't show anything that would show Barton as the victim).

Big loss if the injury is serious.

The tackle wasn't shown on 'MOTD' highlights so I guess it showed Barton getting taken out by Cattermole (the BBC can't show anything that would show Barton as the victim).

Big loss if the injury is serious.

Must admit I was expecting to see the incident and was surprised when it wasnt shown (when really, I guess I shouldnt have been surprised :angry: )

The tackle was robust, but not as bad as has been made out.  He walked from the pitch and seemed to want to continue, so hopefully it won't be too serious.

He stayed down though, clearly obvious he had hurt himself. Was somewhat surprised it took the best part of 5 mins to get Guthrie on the pitch (he'd already been jogging down towards the Gallowgate).

It looked to me like he wanted to get back on so I don't think he thought it was that serious.

I'm a pro lip-reader and could see him mouthing to the physio "5 more minutes! tell them to wait. 5 more minutes". Guess Kinnear didn't want to take any risks and just threw Guthrie on anyway. Good choice imo

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1456935,00.html

AFTER being hurt during Saturday's game against Wigan Athletic, Joey Barton has been assessed by the Newcastle United medical team and has had a scan on the injury.

It has been confirmed Joey has damaged the medial ligament in his right knee. He will be out for approximately eight weeks.

Woohoo! Brilliant.

Time to go 433.

Not sure what this injury will do to affect the 4-4-2 tbh. If it had been Duff injured, I think we might have done. All we'll see is Guthrie with Butt again. :(

Jonas & CNZ with another in the midfield. Owen, Shola & Oba up front.