Chelsea 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

A new entry in my top 5 away trips of all time. A quality good time in London from start to finish.

From the stream it sounded like the away end was in fine voice throughout.

Yeah the support from only 1500 was very good throughout. Towrads the end there was a raucous "SHIT GROUND! SHIT FANS!" followed by "40,000 Muppets" to which the home fans just gawped and offered no reply.

Comical as well, how long it took the home fans to realised Joe Cole's goal had been disallowed. A good ten seconds of celebrating before the meek sit down.

Hilarious that, was having a bit of banter with this one bloke the whole game as I was near the side and it must have took him 10-15 seconds to realise as he was busy shouting stuff at me, it's fair to say I laughed my arse off at the stupid twat.

A new entry in my top 5 away trips of all time. A quality good time in London from start to finish.

From the stream it sounded like the away end was in fine voice throughout.

Yeah the support from only 1500 was very good throughout. Towrads the end there was a raucous "s*** GROUND! s*** FANS!" followed by "40,000 Muppets" to which the home fans just gawped and offered no reply.

Comical as well, how long it took the home fans to realised Joe Cole's goal had been disallowed. A good ten seconds of celebrating before the meek sit down.

Your text had me in stitches, but in a rather confused fashion.

I wasn't expecting it at all..."that's pride for you motherfuckers"  ;D Great stuff! :coolsmiley:

No doubt we will hear all about it against Stoke... O0

Haha. I blame the pre match pints. I though we were going to win the league!

There's plenty time yet... :pow: :snod:

Guest newcastle4life

Great result by the team just a shame only got a point against Fulham and Wigan. The unexpected point at Chelsea could make a difference. Hopefully the team will move on and get more points in the next few games, or the result wont mean as much.

Premium Article !

Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.

Options

Premium Article !

To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the n/a site.

Subscribe

Registered Article !

To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.

Sign In

Register

'How did Newcastle do?' asked pirates' captive

Click on thumbnail to view image

« Previous

« Previous

Next »

Next »

View Gallery

Published Date: 26 November 2008

A BRITISH sailor held captive by Somali pirates on a hijacked oil tanker made light of his ordeal by asking: "How did Newcastle do?"

Chief engineer Peter French, from County Durham, is among 25 people being held on the Saudi-owned Sirius Star.

Mr French was in good enough spirits to ask about Newcastle United's result at the weekend.

"Excellent, that's a good score for us,"

ADVERTISEMENT

he said when told his team drew 0-0 with Chelsea.

He told ITV News last night the pirates had not mistreated the captives, and said he hoped to speak to his family again soon.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/39How-did-Newcastle-do39-asked.4730942.jp