Taking Jonas off

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duff to Kinnear is what Shearer was to Souness. Sickening tbh. N'zogbia is blatantly very eager for a chance.

Lol, yet another jibe at Shearer.  Will it ever end?  :lol:

how was that fuck was that a jibe at Shearer?

by the end of 2005, just about everyone was questioning Shearer's constant place in the starting 11 tbh

Guest JamesyJazz

Duff to Kinnear is what Shearer was to Souness. Sickening tbh. N'zogbia is blatantly very eager for a chance.

how was that f*** was that a jibe at Shearer?

by the end of 2005, just about everyone was questioning Shearer's constant place in the starting 11 tbh

Really,ok that's your own view,mine?A proven goal scoring machine that he was.I never questioned his inclusion,if he was on the pitch you knew for sure he would give his all for the shirt.

Duff played midweek and was typically s***.

today or on wednesday ?

on weds he was the only point of attack for them and only lacked a finish.

Yet they scored twice after he went off having been goalless.

I haven't exactly been quiet about my dislike for him but seriously I think on the field he is comfortably the biggest problem at the club. I've never seen anyone who can break down attacks so consistently. 2 points from a possible 36 last season with him in the side, in my view, was not a coincidence.

Really,ok that's your own view,mine?A proven goal scoring machine that he was.I never questioned his inclusion,if he was on the pitch you knew for sure he would give his all for the shirt.

not getting drawn into this argument again but post 2003 (exception of penalties) he was no goal threat whatsoever and the stats prove it

I'd bet my house that Kinnear would have made the same decision if Jonas had played 0 minutes in midweek, and had no booking to his name.

You don't own a house :)

You're right, i treat it like a hotel apparantely. :rolleyes:

I'd bet my house that Kinnear would have made the same decision if Jonas had played 0 minutes in midweek, and had no booking to his name.

You don't own a house :)

You're right, i treat it like a hotel apparantely. :rolleyes:

In that case, f*** them, bet the house :lol:

:lol:

not getting drawn into this argument again but post 2003 (exception of penalties) he was no goal threat whatsoever and the stats prove it

Lol, I think you will find that no one bar you was questioning his inclusion in the team at that time.

I think you will also find that saying he was no goal threat whatsoever post 2003 is also extrememly harsh.  While there is no denying he was much less of a player than he was before, he still scored some fine open play goals.

You must be the only supposed Newcastle fan on the face of the planet who can say that they have ever been dissapointed to see Shearer's name on the teamsheet.

Hilarious.

Lol, I think you will find that no one bar you was questioning his inclusion in the team at that time.

I think you will also find that saying he was no goal threat whatsoever post 2003 is also extrememly harsh.  While there is no denying he was much less of a player than he was before, he still scored some fine open play goals.

You must be the only supposed Newcastle fan on the face of the planet who can say that they have ever been dissapointed to see Shearer's name on the teamsheet.

Hilarious.

That's bollocks tbf. There was loads of people on here, including myself, who wanted to see Kluivert and Bellamy up front at a time when Shearer was little threat other than from the spot.

Hilarious.

That's bollocks tbf. There was loads of people on here, including myself, who wanted to see Kluivert and Bellamy up front at a time when Shearer was little threat other than from the spot.

Yep.

Guest firetotheworks

Hilarious.

Amen to that. Bellamy and Kluivert looked to be a much better partnership than Shearer and Bellamy in 2004. I think people are forgetting that in his last years all Shearer really did was back into defenders when the ball was played up to him and then try to win a free kick.

Hilarious.

'Loads'.

Really?

I liked Bellamy and Kluivert as much as anyone btw.

Heres a question.

Whilst Shearer Bellamy and kluivert were all in the squad.  How many times were they ALL fit and available for selection?

A fair few times which is why Bellamy was on the right wing.

Heres a question.

Whilst Shearer Bellamy and kluivert were all in the squad.  How many times were they ALL fit and available for selection?

Aye and remember the Palace game where Bellamy and Kluivert beat them on their own only for Shearer to come straight back in? That wasn't on either.

Heres a question.

But still, this is what I am saying, the whole issue was really a VERY small period of time.  Other than a handfull of games, one of the three was always injured thus solving the problem.

Heres a question.

Aye and remember the Palace game where Bellamy and Kluivert beat them on their own only for Shearer to come straight back in? That wasn't on either.

Souness's interview after that game was disgraceful. "the main man was out today yet these two have done alright"

yeah, you scottish twat, you're talking about a champions league winner and our top scorer by far at that point in the 04-05 season