The offers aren't enough

Dave

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/28/kinnear-i-will-try-to-keep-michael-owen-at-nufc-72703-22362701/

“I’ve always hoped to get the opportunity to come here and do the job.

“There was a doubt because of the club getting sold.

“But they can’t see the club being sold.

“Something might be round the corner but the offers haven’t been enough."

Simple as that then.

Oh hang on, is he telling the truth this time?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/28/kinnear-i-will-try-to-keep-michael-owen-at-nufc-72703-22362701/

Ive always hoped to get the opportunity to come here and do the job.

There was a doubt because of the club getting sold.

But they cant see the club being sold.

Something might be round the corner but the offers havent been enough."

Simple as that then.

Note to FredBob - they didn't go through due diligence, put in offers and then withdraw them because of any fan action.

We're simply not going to get sold any time soon then, to state the glaringly obvious.

If that's the case then part of me would rather Ashley took more control and laid down some plans for the club to make it more stable, despite all that has gone down in the last couple of months. I suppose by keeping Kinnear for the season he has already taken one step towards this. All in all, a thoroughly miserable and worrying turn of events.

Like I said in the NUSC thread, I would like to know what price Ashley is willing to sell at. Obviously no one is prepared to pay £280-300million suggested by Keith Harris, but seeing that Ashley himself has only paid around £240m there was surely some leeway for lowering the price to encourage a sale?

Is he desperate to sell or not? If he intends to keep the club he has to invest in it properly otherwise he risks doing irreperable damage and there will be hell on if he's seen to be milking the club while it limps along on the cheap. I think we need some clarification as to Ashley's intentions.

Ive always hoped to get the opportunity to come here and do the job.

There was a doubt because of the club getting sold.

But they cant see the club being sold.

Something might be round the corner but the offers havent been enough."

Simple as that then.

Note to FredBob - they didn't go through due diligence, put in offers and then withdraw them because of any fan action.

;D

You bamp.

Good news - the club should really be releasing astatement now saying so.

Like I said in the NUSC thread, I would like to know what price Ashley is willing to sell at. Obviously no one is prepared to pay £280-300million suggested by Keith Harris, but seeing that Ashley himself has only paid around £240m there was surely some leeway for lowering the price to encourage a sale?

Is he desperate to sell or not? If he intends to keep the club he has to invest in it properly otherwise he risks doing irreperable damage and there will be hell on if he's seen to be milking the club while it limps along on the cheap. I think we need some clarification as to Ashley's intentions.

Aye, and I've asked for a fog jumper for Christmas.

Guest Stephen927

If he really wanted to sell he'd lower his price. Being a smart businessman surely he knows it's the only option now if he really wants to sell the club that badly.

What does Llambas get paid for anyways, Kinnear seems to say all the things that our chairman should be saying.

Yet again people are assuming the price is sky-high. Maybe the offers were ridiculously low...

We don't know.  ???

who's fault is that?

Noone's, we don't have the right to know imo.

In that case why put out the word that the offers were too low?

Yet again people are assuming the price is sky-high. Maybe the offers were ridiculously low...

We don't know.  ???

who's fault is that?

Ashley : " Role up, role up, we've got a lovely north east club here, yours for just £299m, warra bargain, only on offer, come and get your frills, tears and joys for the bargain price of under £300m, once in a lifetime oppurtunty ladies and gents"

We don't know.  ???

who's fault is that?

Ashley : " Role up, role up, we've got a lovely north east club here, yours for just £299m, warra bargain, only on offer, come and get your frills, tears and joys for the bargain price of under £300m, once in a lifetime oppurtunty ladies and gents"

Ashley has been quick enough to tell us how much he's put into the club. He doesn't need to give an exact figure at which he would be happy to sell, if he would just come out and say he isn't prepared to sell the club at a loss I would understand.

We don't know.  ???

who's fault is that?

Noone's, we don't have the right to know imo.

In that case why put out the word that the offers were too low?

The club is still Ashley's and he doesn't have to tell the world how much he is getting offered for it or what he's holding out for as far as I'm concerned. I don't think JK was instructed to put the word out really, just think he answered the question.

We don't know. ???

who's fault is that?

Ashley has been quick enough to tell us how much he's put into the club. He doesn't need to give an exact figure at which he would be happy to sell, if he would just come out and say he isn't prepared to sell the club at a loss I would understand.

He did, something like this not being a firesale, could be wrong.

Guest Heneage

We don't know.  ???

Do you think £250M was fair?

Guest Heneage

We don't know.  ???

Do you think £250 was fair?

I'd give him £250 for it like.

Hilarious.

Do you think the £250m asking price was fair.