Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

class, yet again. Another Coloccini - Bassong clean sheet for HTT and the rest of the Taylor fanboys to write off

I'm sick of HTT. Seriously.

I nearly changed his avatar last night.  :lol:

To what?

Just do it now.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000869536009464266_rs.jpg

:lol:

class, yet again. Another Coloccini - Bassong clean sheet for HTT and the rest of the Taylor fanboys to write off

I'm sick of HTT. Seriously.

I nearly changed his avatar last night.  :lol:

To what?

Just do it now.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000869536009464266_rs.jpg

mackems.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding Bassong's performance today I didn't see the match so can't comment but a clean sheet after the 5-1 piss-take at home to Liverpool is most welcome and only strengthens his position within the defence further.

Regarding Bassong's performance today I didn't see the match so can't comment but a clean sheet after the 5-1 piss-take at home to Liverpool is most welcome  was clearly down to the world-class performance of Steven Taylor and only strengthens his position within the defence further.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding Bassong's performance today I didn't see the match so can't comment but a clean sheet after the 5-1 piss-take at home to Liverpool is most welcome  was clearly down to the world-class performance of Steven Taylor and only strengthens his position within the defence further.

Is it a coincidence that your username can also be arranged to read Pilok?

Oh and I imagine the irony is lost on you... :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

politician's answer right there  O0

they really look a different defence with him in the heart of it

Shame they don't play too differently on a more regular basis.

They do..I think that's the point being made.

is that 4 clean sheets out of 5 away from home since Bassong and Coloccini were paired together at Chelsea?

is that 4 clean sheets out of 5 away from home since Bassong and Coloccini were paired together at Chelsea?

Aye. Only a free kick given away by Jonas and obviously Bassong giving away a penalty which never was have denied them 5/5. Not sure how anyone can say they've not looked a good partnership, especially on the road. It is HTT I suppose.

Guest Howaythetoon

The extra protection afforded to them by the tactics i.e. all 11men behind the ball and the patchy form of the home sides at their own grounds and a settled back-four has as much to do with those clean sheets as Bassong himself. In short he's not the main contributor nor the reason alone for those "successes" and therefore shouldn't be deemed as our defensive linchpin or saviour because I guarantee when he hits a sticky path he'll soon become a liability like some are starting to view Colo as after a few bad games to the point where its Bassong who is looking like the 10m international. Lets not get carried away. No one player makes a defence, its a team thing and that's where we've failed in the past - bought individuals for either big money or based on their attributes and hoped they would fix the problem when in reality the problem has never just been about individuals, hence why O'Brien/Bramble or Dabizas, Hughes/Barton and Bernard/Elliott - all average defenders - were part of one of our most successful defensive records in a long time.

Guest Howaythetoon
Not sure how anyone can say they've not looked a good partnership, especially on the road. It is HTT I suppose.

Where have I said this?

The extra protection afforded to them by the tactics i.e. all 11men behind the ball and the patchy form of the home sides at their own grounds and a settled back-four has as much to do with those clean sheets as Bassong himself. In short he's not the main contributor nor the reason alone for those "successes" and therefore shouldn't be deemed as our defensive linchpin or saviour because I guarantee when he hits a sticky path he'll soon become a liability like some are starting to view Colo as after a few bad games to the point where its Bassong who is looking like the 10m international. Lets not get carried away. No one player makes a defence, its a team thing and that's where we've failed in the past - bought individuals for either big money or based on their attributes and hoped they would fix the problem when in reality the problem has never just been about individuals, hence why O'Brien/Bramble or Dabizas, Hughes/Barton and Bernard/Elliott - all average defenders - were part of one of our most successful defensive records in a long time.

Colo is class and still learning his trade over here. Still have a lot of faith in him but it's certainly Bassong out of the two who's looked the £10m defender

Bassong doesn't look nor has performed like a £10m defender

what's going on here then?  O0

Guest Howaythetoon

Colo is class and still learning his trade over here. Still have a lot of faith in him but it's certainly Bassong out of the two who's looked the £10m defender

Bassong doesn't look nor has performed like a £10m defender

what is going on here then?  O0

That's not me claiming that.

Guest Howaythetoon

My original point was that out of the two, it was Bassong who looked like the £10m international, which you disagreed with. It seems you're now admitting the opposite

No I'm not, I'm saying others are starting to view Colo in bad light after a few bad games to the point where these others are now saying its Bassong who is looking like the 10m international wheras before it was Colo this 10m class defender. I shouldn't even have to be explaining that or pointing it out. Never mind eh.

Guest Howaythetoon

come on, i'm having a laugh with you, the wink should have been ample evidence

I hate everything remember ;)

If he continues to play well for the rest of the season, (not sure how long he is  contracted to the club) but the club should put him on a good long term deal. We need to hang onto guys like him if we are ever going to move forward as a club.

Seb's The Find Of The Season - JK

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear believes that in-form defender Sebastien Bassong has been the "find of the season" in the Barclays Premier League.

The Paris-born ace had just turned 22 when he appeared in a trial match for United during a pre-season friendly at Doncaster Rovers in July.

And, having done enough to win a permanent switch to St.James' Park, the former FC Metz starlet has gone on to win a regular starting place at the heart of the black-and-white backline.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1512448,00.html