Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40] sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 Stu [?]

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

'90 Stu [stupeedo] : Reina-esque kick from the keeper intercepted by Stupeedo who would have had a clear run in on goal had it not been for a great piece of last-ditch defending by Venkman(? or Marky555? someone). Stupeedo, with his route to goal blocked, rolled the defender and laid the ball off to an unmarked Wullie, whose touch was...generous enough to allow the reds to get another man back, Wullie unselfishley played the ball back to a clearly onside Stupeedo (despite the desperate pleas from the red defence), who controlled the ball, composed himself and found the bottom corner away from the helpless keeper.

well done to mick for turning up too, at least i presume that was him with the camera? i hope it was........

ah that was mick, i asked him if he was dave and he just said no.

thought it was Look North at first.

well done to mick for turning up too, at least i presume that was him with the camera? i hope it was........

Aye and the fella who turned up for a while stood with Mick was JJS. :lol:

i know, he gave me offside (wrongly!) still at least he didnt shag me, little victories

Aye and the fella who turned up for a while stood with Mick was JJS. :lol:

i know, he gave me offside (wrongly!) still at least he didnt shag me, little victories

:lol:

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40]  after an indiffrent performance at CB, Rich sends cp40 up front,.. 'go and have some fun' within a few mins,sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 Stu [?]

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

'90 Stu [stupeedo] : Reina-esque kick from the keeper intercepted by Stupeedo who would have had a clear run in on goal had it not been for a great piece of last-ditch defending by Venkman(? or Marky555? someone). Stupeedo, with his route to goal blocked, rolled the defender and laid the ball off to an unmarked Wullie, whose touch was...generous enough to allow the reds to get another man back, Wullie unselfishley played the ball back to a clearly onside Stupeedo (despite the desperate pleas from the red defence), who controlled the ball, composed himself and found the bottom corner away from the helpless keeper.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to hoy some pictures up here

we forgot to get team pics done with all the darkness confusion, shit.

Aye, any pics from anyone?* :) Would be a class watch if Mick's got some coverage.

*EDIT: D'oh. :(

Sounded like a good day. Will definitely make an effort to join in if there's another one. :thup: Could make it a 6-monthly thing or summat? One winter, one summer.

Fill in as appropriate:

Kick off delayed due to numerous failures of floodlights, and last minute change of venue.

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

Blue 4 - 1 Red

'61 Lee [Cp 40]  after an indiffrent performance at CB, Rich sends cp40 up front,.. 'go and have some fun' within a few mins,sells a dummy, side steps defender, 24 yds, top right corner....

Blue 4 - 2 Red

'68 Pilko?

Blue 5 - 2 Red

'73

Blue 5 - 3 Red

'79 Stu [?]

Blue 6 - 3 Red

'82

Blue 6 - 4 Red

'86 Dave (markys555)

Blue 7 - 4 Red

Aye, any pics from anyone?* :) Would be a class watch if Mick's got some coverage.

Sounded like a good day. Will definitely make an effort to join in if there's another one. :thup: Could make it a 6-monthly thing or summat? One winter, one summer.

aye, would be good to get more along, subs would've helped massively

Player ratings of those I can remember:

Reds:

Optimistic Nut: 8, rock at the back and good in nets

Northerngimp: 7, was superb second half but takes shit corners

The Prophet: 6.5, good goal and made a few od last-ditch tackles

Lien: 6.5, some decent passes in midfield

Nixon: 6, the team didn't utilise his rocket pace enough

marky555: 8.5, mercurial

stu (I think he was the bloke with the white hat and stubble) 7.5, linked up play well

Me: 7, did fuck all in the first half but grabbed a goal and an assist

Toby: 8, some lovely touches

Blues:

King Kev: 8, came off his line superbly

Wullie: 5, can see why there was some Shola catcalls

Dave: 6, tried to bite my kneecaps

cp40: 7.5, cracking goal

Rich: 8, kept me quiet for most of the game anyway

stupeedo 9.5, man of the match, ran the midfield

Greg: 7, solid

can't remember many else tbh, sorry!

Blues:

aye, would be good to get more along, subs would've helped massively

Well I'm as bad Shola, but I'm up for a challenge. I'm definitely down for the next one. Be good to meet you lot finally :thup:

That Prophet lad didn't half enjoy diving into a tackle, every time I went near him it seemed as though he was trying to take me out :lol:

In terms of tackling...for all the pre-match chat, there was a surprising lack of late or dirty tackles. Quite enjoyed my effort in the first half (think it was Marky555 - Dave), but didn't appreciate being "clipped" in the style of Samir Nasri by said person later on in the half...knocked my bloody contact lens out and it took about 10minutes to get it back in (the wind kept blowing in on the floor)

Cheers for the man of the match nominations...really enjoyed the game - when's the next one?!

Reds:

Northerngimp: 7, was superb second half but takes shit corners

stu (I think he was the bloke with the white hat and stubble) 7.5, linked up play well

Me: 7, did fuck all in the first half but grabbed a goal and an assist

Blues:

Blues:

I got three assists, I'm having more than a 5 like! :razz:

That Prophet lad didn't half enjoy diving into a tackle, every time I went near him it seemed as though he was trying to take me out :lol:

In terms of tackling...for all the pre-match chat, there was a surprising lack of late or dirty tackles. Quite enjoyed my effort in the first half (think it was Marky555 - Dave), but didn't appreciate being "clipped" in the style of Samir Nasri by said person later on in the half...knocked my bloody contact lens out and it took about 10minutes to get it back in (the wind kept blowing in on the floor)

Cheers for the man of the match nominations...really enjoyed the game - when's the next one?!

Reds:

Northerngimp: 7, was superb second half but takes s*** corners

Me: 7, did f*** all in the first half but grabbed a goal and an assist

Blues:

Blues:

I got three assists, I'm having more than a 5 like! :razz:

To be fair I was at the other end of the pitch for much of the game, but when I did see you (including that awful one-on-one) you weren't exactly world class :lol: