N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

Was it you who set me up for my goal with that beautiful outside-of-the-foot curved through ball, marky?

Whoever it was deserves a  :clap: because it was the best through ball all game.

I thought Greg's 50-yard rifle from right-back to my mate was the best pass of the game like, by a country mile. It was outstanding.

Shame he missed the initial chance, but the rebound was tucked away.

Guest marky555

And in response to stupeedo's thing about me being disappointing...

First half, I admit I was totally f***ing shocking. To be fair, I did get a couple of decent flicked headers in but the wind kind of scuppered any proper long ball approach. I dropped a bit deeper when we were defending and 'Alan Smithed' my way through the first 45 by closing down the centre backs and keeper. And to be fair I did go back for every single corner, even one when I was in the opposition 18-yard box from the last attack.

Was shocked during our half time team talk that despite going 4-4-1 to keep some kind of shape, they wanted me to continue alone upfront after that dismal showing. :lol:

Managed to grab that goal which I was relieved at and then that run to set up The Prophet showed I was growing into the game a bit. Of course, I always had company upfront in this 4-4-1 by Nixon who seemed to forget he was playing right back and just stood in the centre circle for 95% of the second half, telling me to "drag paddock out wide right, he's rubbish" and then trying to gallop half the length of the pitch when presented with the ball. :lol:

Then had a shot in the closing stages that fizzed across goal, and spent the last ten minutes trying to stay onside, just waiting for the killer pass (nowt to lose and that).

A slower-off-his-line keeper would have seen me grab about four goals, there was a couple of times that NSG just about beat me to the ball when it was played through, and the time I scored we got there at the same time and it fell for me to tap it into an open goal. Fair play to him though, he was class. :thup:

And then of course there was that cross at the end of the first half from Venkman on the left that I managed to knee out for a throw in. :lol:

Good game though, looking forward to the next one. Maybe earlier in the day? :thup:

I put a fair few of them through for you son! Disregarding the ones the keeper sweeped up you had your chances! But then again, didnt we all!! :-[

If you listen to the Legends, with any luck we may get a mention tonite, ive just e-mailed them, to give us a shout, couldnt help but mention that goal tho,...

:lol:

Let me know if it's on, I'll be jumping on a train to Manchester shortly.

Guest marky555

aye, I was a little disappointed that no-one seemed up for a post-match pint, altho with the s*** weather and the fact most people were cream crackered didn't really help (oh, and everyone got their stuff and left!)

as for the next one, how about waiting until end of Feb/March to allow those that have injured themselves to recover and the rest to get fit :lol:

ps: Pilko - only having a bit of fun. sorry to say but you'd have never scored that goal if the ref had told me he wasn't going to give offside because you were losing so heavily...I wouldn't have stepped up and NSG wouldn't have needed to come out of his goal

if you dont stop going on about the ref 'taking it easy' on us coz we were losing i'm going to withdraw my motm nomination O0, be gracious in victory! quite a few times dave (marky555) should've got a decision but didnt coz he's the ref's mate, trust me :frantic:

Glad somebody noticed! Cheers Jack!

Guest marky555

Was it you who set me up for my goal with that beautiful outside-of-the-foot curved through ball, marky?

Whoever it was deserves a  :clap: because it was the best through ball all game.

Certainly was pal, I seem to remember me blazing down the left flank then steering one right into your path with the outside of my right foot. Haha anytime pal, you took it well!!

as for the next one, how about waiting until end of Feb/March to allow those that have injured themselves to recover and the rest to get fit :lol:

Stuff getting fit. I can't wait to feature against you lot as the fattest, slowest, shittest player there is maaan!

Certainly was pal, I seem to remember me blazing down the left flank then steering one right into your path with the outside of my right foot. Haha anytime pal, you took it well!!

i seem to remember you NEVER cutting it back even though i was very well positioned to blaze it wide from the edge of the area.

Stupeedo - aye end of the season i reckon is about right, we should aim for one winter one summer imo

Stuff getting fit. I can't wait to feature against you lot as the fattest, slowest, shittest player there is maaan!

Better get eating then if you want to beat Nixon

Can see the sense in not doing it too regularly, for the reason Greg mentioned.

And marky555, forgot to mention you earlier in the thread, you played some great stuff  :thup:

For me it was the 3rd goal that killed us, scored when we were on top. INJUSTICE!!

Better get eating then if you want to beat Nixon

beat me to it  :pow: :lol:

Guest marky555

i seem to remember you NEVER cutting it back even though i was very well positioned to blaze it wide from the edge of the area.

Stupeedo - aye end of the season i reckon is about right, we should aim for one winter one summer imo

Thought I'd save your legs mate, I'm too used to you skying it over the fence on a Monday night and I didnt want you wasting any precious energy having to run and get it!!haha!

And by the way, did anyone notice that during corners the blue team always seemed to shout "yes, mark the big lad here" and yet they had three players marking Nixon at the back stick and I was totally free on the penalty spot? :lol:

Guest Heneage

And by the way, did anyone notice that during corners the blue team always seemed to shout "yes, mark the big lad here" and yet they had three players marking Nixon at the back stick and I was totally free on the penalty spot? :lol:

Danger man.  :pow:

pretty sure I started picking you up when I realised no-one else was (thought CP40 or Rich would have done it)

Guest Stephen927

Sounds like it was a mint game, still gutted I couldn't make it.

My team lost 7-4 :(, blatantly because I wasn't there leading the troops  :lol:

pretty sure I started picking you up when I realised no-one else was (thought CP40 or Rich would have done it)

Aye you did in the second half, but the first half I was completely alone, ready to ripple the net, then northerngimp did his Geremi impression. :lol: