N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

I can't help but notice how that, after being labeled a disappointment, Pilko has come out all guns blazing to slag off the other players :lol:

Good spot, was waiting for someone to comment on this :lol:

After all of his big talk in the build-up as well.

From what I can remember, player names, usernames, positions and my opinion:

Red Team:

GK - none specific until ON injured himself; the lack of a proven or consistent goalkeeper hindered the red side, as their players were constantly swapping in and out of net which disrupted what little fluency they managed to build up. Saying that, the best of the keepers was probably ON, despite only having 1 leg, made several good saves and somehow stopped three 1-1 chances without having to move (jelly-legs technique?)

RB ? [Northern Gimp]; played ok first half, dont know what they were thinking about putting him in goal, moved forward in the second half, and played a lot better, turned cp40 over a couple of times, looked like he was feeling the extra pounds by the finish [cp40's thoughts]. Two things immediately half spring to mind 1) the simply awful corner that sailed over the bar in the first half, 2) the referee waving play on after the Gimp handled a throw-in, lost possession and then dived in on the floor and caught the ball, before dropping it, in an attempt to win it back  would have a been a good tackle if your hands and feet were swapped over! [stupeedo's thoughts]

CB - ?

CB Jack [Dr Venkman]; seemed to be playing in defence for most of the game and trying to get his side going, unfortunately for him, the lack of an organised keeper meant that he spent most of his time between the 6 yard and 18 yard line, somewhat reducing his influence on proceedings. As the game went on, he put in a couple of good challenges (think he stopped Dave and myself [twice] from getting clear shots on goal inside the box. Seemed confident in passing the ball around with Lien and Marky555

LB/RB [TheProphet] wins the award for most committed tackler, put in some excellent last ditch tackles and also got up the other end to score a goal. Also gets credit for going over to the red team at the start of the game (he was due to be LB for the Blues) when no-one else wanted to...

RW - ?

CM Stu? the lad with the beanie hat on was the heartbeat of the red side and pretty much dragged them back into the game singlehandedly once the Blues had re-established their 3 goal supremacy for the first and second time. Always hard to shake off the ball and putting himself about to disrupt Stupeedo and Liam, particularly in the second half. Seemed to drop too deep in the first half, which allowed the Blues to dominate the middle, but that seemed symptomatic of the entire Red Team dodgy tactics perhaps?

DM Neil [lien] unkempt and unfussy, Lien had the best passing range on the red side, sprayed the ball around excellently in both halves but particularly the first. Seemed to drop deeper in the second half and became less effective, but linked up brilliantly at times with his team-mates particularly Stu and Dave [Marky555]

LW Dave [Marky555] worked well with his beanie-cladded teammate to bring his team back from the dead on more than one occasion. Had a good burst of pace and wasnt afraid to run at (and past) defenders. Had a memorable run down the left in the second half, just getting away from Stupeedo long enough to whip in a superb left-footed cross which arced over the keeper and onto the foot of the on-rushing...

ST Nixon [Nixon]; ...who ballsed by hitting the side netting with the goal at his mercy. Aside from that horrendous miss, Nixon got more involved when he moved further forward, probably in response to target man Pilko dropping so deep. Provided a good outlet for the hard-working red midfield, who sometimes threatened to create an actual chance for his team-mates. Think he had an assist, but no-one really remembers...

ST Pilko [Pilko]; wins the award for the biggest disappointment on the night. Maybe it was the wind, maybe it was the cold, perhaps it was the lack of quality in his team; however, most agree that for all Pilkos pre-match bluster and chat about how he was going to dominate the Blue defence, it seems he took one look at CP40 and decided to stay the hell away from him!! Spent most of the first half trying to hide behind Stupeedo whenever the red team had possession, but in fairness to him, he did do something in the second half. A well-taken, but clearly off-side, goal when he rounded the keeper at 4-1, before setting up TheProphet to make it 5-3. Could have done a lot better in the air, dont think I saw him head the ball.

Those who Ive not put down, let me know who they are...if Ive got your names wrong, say so!

That was me until my hamstring gave in.

Dont think i was very good but i blame my position, im not a forward

You should have said. I would have gladly swapped centre-half with you.

Thought you did very well when you got involved like.

We needed your guidance at the back Rich, thats the first and maybe last time i try to defend, maybe Dm, i used to play up front,

Wish i could still run, cos i know i can still shoot.... :snod:

Guest stuartbrown06

Think we would have benefitted from having a proper keeper in the first half which would have enabled us to push jack up into centre mid where he could have broken things up a bit and try to stop liam and stupeedo (who ran the show for the blues) then i could have gone up front with pilko, thought our MoM was probably Marky555, a couple of great solo runs and he never stopped getting up and down the pitch.

Reds were definitely the best team on the day and deserved the win none the less... but that last goal was a mile offside! :razz:

I can't help but notice how that, after being labeled a disappointment, Pilko has come out all guns blazing to slag off the other players :lol:

Good spot, was waiting for someone to comment on this :lol:

After all of his big talk in the build-up as well.

Hey, I blame the weather, the team, the opposition, the manager, the referee, the substitutions, the man of the match award, the mascot, the turnstile operator, wristwatches, the latest Mcfly single, global warming, Steve Bunce, DVDs that dont come with commentary tracks, clouds, eyelids and gastric flu, but it wasn't my fault :shifty:

To be fair I acknowledged my crappy first half performance and main errors earlier in the thread! :lol:

Wasn't too happy with my performance like, a lack of match practice and trying to cover two positions meant I generally mis-placed a lot of passes and had a rapist like first touch.

I strongly suggest Nixon published a book aboout his footballing technique: " How to play right back from a centre forwards position"

:razz:

We needed your guidance at the back Rich, thats the first and maybe last time i try to defend, maybe Dm, i used to play up front,

Wish i could still run, cos i know i can still shoot.... :snod:

I honestly haven't played CB in a full game since I was 10 :lol:

It was awful, although I enjoyed the amount of touches on the ball we got in the first half - that was about it. Didn't need to do much running either, I suppose, so I didn't feel too tired at the end. I thought you were solid though and Greg took some beating an' all, when he was in his position that is!

I thought it was just a good laugh overall though, nobody took it too seriously. Reminded me more of a kickabout at dinner time back in school than anything else. Must have been the easiest £20 that the referee had ever earned!

Guest Heneage

Wasn't too happy with my performance like, a lack of match practice and trying to cover two positions meant I generally mis-placed a lot of passes and had a rapist like first touch.

I strongly suggest Nixon published a book aboout his footballing technique: " How to play right back from a centre forwards position"

Think Cafu without the tracking back. :lol:

Fitness programme started today, training with a Sports Development Student mate of mine, Jesus christ he actually wants me to vomit.

Fitness programme started today, training with a Sports Development Student mate of mine, Jesus christ he actually wants me to vomit.

:frantic:= Nixon running round a Gym

some tracking forward would've done :pow:

Guest stuartbrown06

havent driven the car since sunday night and i was having to lift my left leg up with my hand to get my foot on the clutch to change gear! wor lass is humming the music to 'steptoe and son' whenever i walk around the house as well!

havent driven the car since sunday night and i was having to lift my left leg up with my hand to get my foot on the clutch to change gear! wor lass is humming the music to 'steptoe and son' whenever i walk around the house as well!

I've looked absolutely ridiculous hobbling round the office over the last two days. The combination of the blister on my big toe and the tightness of every muscle is making it a fucking nightmare to walk.

haha, thats how i was driving today, got quite a tidy lifting of the left leg, tequnique going.

i was up ladders today, and it fucking knacked, cried off, told them id be back tomorrow.

Had 'game ache' on monday afternoon, think I jarred my back from running up and down the pitch, was getting quite stiff by 6pm so I decided it'd be a good idea to go for a 5km run to loosen up - it actually worked. Feel fine today though - get back on the horse lads!

Had 'game ache' on monday afternoon, think I jarred my back from running up and down the pitch, was getting quite stiff by 6pm so I decided it'd be a good idea to go for a 5km run to loosen up - it actually worked. Feel fine today though - get back on the horse lads!

Can't walk down the stairs man let alone run.