Simon Jordan - NUFC are a small club!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Howaythetoon

ALL fans are fickle, why does this constantly seem to be a surprise to people like Simon Jordon!?

I know the answer of course - because he doesn't get it and resents this fact and that no matter what he does or tries like buying a football club he will never get it.

No true fan wants to see their club's owner take money out of their club, they will accept it but they'd prefer the money went to the manager for new players. No true fan is ever happy with just one title or cup win or finishing 17th in the table.

True fans are only loyal to one thing - their club. Nothing matters more to a fan than their club. This is why fans turn on managers, owners, fellow fans and players whether they won trophies or banged goals in regularly.

This is why fans told Big Sam for example in no uncertain terms that he didn't know what he was doing during the home game against Liverpool last season. Not because they wanted him out or expected our lads to hammer them, but because we were seeing our club being let down by the manager and players representing it.

Guest Howaythetoon

pretty sure HTT ws being ironic

Nope. I detest such a mentality.

Answer the following questions:

Which club is the greatest club in the world?

Which club is the biggest club in the world?

Which club is the best club in the world?

Which club has the best fans in the world?

Newcastle United that's who.

Guest firetotheworks

Thats not pride, thats just corny, hollywood drivel man.

:lol:

:lol: Brilliant!

Guest The Libertine

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

say what you want about the man but the above is true. the quicker we realise this, the better for everyone. adjust expectations to fit reality.

(no doubt i'll be derided for saying this)

You deserve derision here though, why shouldn't we expect our team to do ok in the league?  This club pays out the 5th highest wages, why on earth should we accept shit for that kind of outlay?

mainly because the team is top 10 at very best and the club is a shambles? and has been for many a year? we're fighting relegation yet again this year and "big" clubs dont do that as often as we do.

a "big" club imo = 1/3 big fanbase, 1/3 off field success (ie. regular financial gains, stability, a general feeling of moving forward each season etc) and 1/3 on field success.

we have 1 of those things.

Guest The Libertine

"I've been up at Newcastle many times, and this Geordie Roar they talk about, I've never heard it, the only time I've ever heard it is when they score.

"Newcastle fans have got to face the fact they're not a big club, they're a big club in Newcastle, not anywhere else and this expectation level that is put on managers up there is grossly unfair."

say what you want about the man but the above is true. the quicker we realise this, the better for everyone. adjust expectations to fit reality.

Fuck off you wimpy fucking sponge. Have some fucking pride in your club man.

i can only summon up some corny hollywood drivel. will that do, sir?

You were once capable of rational thought - what happened?

There's taking pride in the club and being realistic and rational, and then there's that.

Newcastle United that's who

How splendidly nauseating.

You deserve derision here though, why shouldn't we expect our team to do ok in the league?  This club pays out the 5th highest wages, why on earth should we accept s*** for that kind of outlay?

mainly because the team is top 10 at very best and the club is a shambles? and has been for many a year? we're fighting relegation yet again this year and "big" clubs dont do that as often as we do.

a "big" club imo = 1/3 big fanbase, 1/3 off field success (ie. regular financial gains, stability, a general feeling of moving forward each season etc) and 1/3 on field success.

There is no way anyone can disagree with this - it is a FACT.

NUFC WAS a so-called 'Big' club, but it isn't any more and will not be until it starts finishing in the top 6 with regularity.

Jordan is a pain(as is his female namesake, and just as pumped up..!)but some of his observations are correct ; where he is wrong is that he fails to mention the mismanagement which has virtually destroyed the team over the past 5 years - this is the reason why fans are angry, not just because they are 'fickle'..

Refusing to face the facts does NOT help ; if you can't(or WON'T)see what is wrong, you can't correct the problems.

You deserve derision here though, why shouldn't we expect our team to do ok in the league?  This club pays out the 5th highest wages, why on earth should we accept s*** for that kind of outlay?

There is no way anyone can disagree with this - it is a FACT.

NUFC WAS a so-called 'Big' club, but it isn't any more and will not be until it starts finishing in the top 6 with regularity.

Jordan is a pain(as is his female namesake, and just as pumped up..!)but some of his observations are correct ; where he is wrong is that he fails to mention the mismanagement which has virtually destroyed the team over the past 5 years - this is the reason why fans are angry, not just because they are 'fickle'..

Refusing to face the facts does NOT help ; if you can't(or WON'T)see what is wrong, you can't correct the problems.

To be fair Merlin, I don't think anyone is disputing the general theme of what is a 'big' club and what such a club should be achieving.

Its just a response to yet another, predictable load of half-truths, generalisations and ignorance of the facts.

Oh, and he's a twat!!

Guest The Wise Guy

Im not sure if we are a big club or not but one thing Im sure though, we dont have people at the club with a big mouth like Simon Jordan. He must have got bored with his job that hes talking nonsense about us.

Guest NorwegianMag

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42195000/jpg/_42195424_simonjordanhair203.jpg

Nice tan love.

Is this a man?

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m2/nov2006/2/9/09802601-F69A-CCB2-5ED337BF65B9BDED.jpg

Look like an overweighted elf actually.

Guest nufc_kev

Which one's Simon Jordan....?

The Tangoed t*** with stupid bottle blonde hair.

I was looking for:

"Me"

"You're a cunt"

Im not sure if we are a big club or not but one thing Im sure though, we dont have people at the club with a big mouth like Simon Jordan. He must have got bored with his job that hes talking nonsense about us.

He must be bored alot, he's always opening his mouth about matters that don't concern him or Palace. I think most owners feel an obligation to not air their opinions on other clubs, this guy doesn't care, all he wants is to see his name in the papers.

He must be bored alot, he's always opening his mouth about matters that don't concern him or Palace. I think most owners feel an obligation to not air their opinions on other clubs, this guy doesn't care, all he wants is to see his name in the papers.

I thought he said a while back (pre-season ish) he'd taken Palace as far as he could and was looking to sell.