Feyenoord 2 - 3 Newcastle

Guest Coubury

Guest elbee909

Bellamy, he really scampered, didn't he?  Shame.  Souness, you are a prize cock.  And it's not first prize either, more the bronze medal.

Glad i didn't see it tbh, it'd have been as uncomfortable as fuck. How awful must it have been when Lombarda equalised for them? Eesh.

Went to bed that night thinking we'd drawn 2-2. Cried some. :(

Was chuffed when i looked at Teletext in the morning like. :D

you mean Bombarda

this is class

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/nov/13/minutebyminute.sport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League_2002-03

Seriously how did this team ever win anything.

Newcastle United: 1-Shay Given; 12-Andy Griffin, 34-Nikos Dabizas, 5-Andy O'Brien, 18-Aaron Hughes; 7-Jermaine Jenas, 11-Gary Speed, 45-Hugo Viana, 10-Craig Bellamy; 8-Kieron Dyer, 9-Alan Shearer

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle United: 1-Shay Given; 12-Andy Griffin, 34-Nikos Dabizas, 5-Andy O'Brien, 18-Aaron Hughes; 7-Jermaine Jenas, 11-Gary Speed, 45-Hugo Viana, 10-Craig Bellamy; 8-Kieron Dyer, 9-Alan Shearer

...and SBR imo.

I remember watching at my ex lasses. Her dad was on some weird shift so I had to keep it down in the spare room because he was asleep. I remember when Bellamy scored the winner I did this weird silent scream where all of the characteristics of a scream were there except for the actual sound, and then I rolled about on the bed because jumping would have been noisy. I must have looked like a total glebe but noone else was in the room. Great moment, I went to sleep very very happy.

Were you and your ex-lass together at the time? Or did you go round to watch the match, drink the old man's ale and sleep it off?  Did they even know you were in the house? :cheesy:

...and SBR imo.

At that point in time Jenas looked a quality player, he and Dyer complimented eachother superbly.

I also think good ol Nikos had too much bad press, not the worlds best defender but not the worst either

Those high-pitched screeches from Jon Champion will be with me for a long time.

"Dyer blocked, BELLLAMMMYYY....IT'S IN! OHHH EXTRAORDINARY! Has there ever been a more dramatic night in the Champions League?!"

Guest palnese

The good times will come back again. :)

some day.. :)

im happy just as long we win something in my lifetime. im 21 for the record :)

Was in a pub full of mackems in Durham for this game... Remember as the winner went in i went mental, sadly didn't realise the pub also had rather low ceilings so as i jumped skywards i smashed back to the floor with a massive cut in my head. Safe to say i soldiered on into the earlier hours, the one time in my life i can say i was literally soaked in blood, sweat and tears. Up there with the best nights i've had as a toon fan but probably don't top Grimsby away...