Trouble in Level 7 today?

Guest michaelfoster

Guest toonlass

The stewards were bang out of order like.  Fair play to the people who stood up when they tried to kick people out.

In what way?

A lot of them are mini-hitlers. Give them a red jacket and watch them think they are above reproach!

Guest Heneage

The stewards were bang out of order like.  Fair play to the people who stood up when they tried to kick people out.

In what way?

A lot of them are mini-hitlers. Give them a red jacket and watch them think they are above reproach!

Its Orange or Yellow these days 0o.

But yeah, there are a fair few I've seen some that are way over-board, one guy wouldn't let a lady onto the gravel to spread her husbands ashes on the pitch-side, he refused to even go to his supervisor. I was so disgusted at his attitude I went off and sorted it for her so she could, its a joke at times, and thats the thing, if you are polite to us and don't get snotty we will help you, a guy at the Man Utd game a few seasons back had a pregnant wife,  and was worried about getting out early, now cos he was nice polite I got it sorted, but then like I said, some fans are just knobs, i've had numerous people shove tickets in my face no please or thank you or even speech, one guy who's mate had bought a ticket for elsewhere but wanted to sit next to him not only was giving me abuse but told me he knew ground regs and that he was allowed to sit there, I would have let him being a Friendly and all, but we were briefed not to, so I could have been given bollocking or sacking which I explained to him, but  they moved to a different bit and proceeded to gesture wanker and stick his fingers up, its those people that get stewards pissed off to the point where they need to vent frustration, not that I'm condoning it.

Guest Jawesome

In what way?

Like how.  What were they doing?

Causing a big fuss over nothing.  There was absolutely nowt the matter until they showed up and it kinda got a bit rowdy.

In what way?

Causing a big fuss over nothing.  There was absolutely nowt the matter until they showed up and it kinda got a bit rowdy.

Nothing ???

Guest Jawesome

In what way?

Nothing ???

Yeah, nothing.  People chanting whilst watching a game of football.  Massive crime.

Its Orange or Yellow these days

I noticed the colour change & at the time I was thinking we cant build a statue for Al, sort players deals out.  everything is on hold bar getting the stewards brighter jackets.

The match was so tense yesterday I missed my fill of synchronized steward walking down the stairs.

In what way?

Nothing ???

Yeah, nothing.  People chanting whilst watching a game of football.  Massive crime.

That was it?  :lol: Don't believe that for a second :lol: :dontknow:

Guest johny2k

i thought the whole point of level 7 was you could stand up after they moved people's seats! i was up there for 5 seasons till my seat got moved, the stewards are a joke, bunch of foreigners who could even speak english tryin 2 get mortal people to sit down, moved to gallowgate and not seen a steward since really, completely pointless

In what way?

Nothing ???

No, they were also performing the heinous crime of standing infront of a plastic seat. How dare they do such a thing?

In what way?

Nothing ???

No, they were also performing the heinous crime of standing infront of a plastic seat. How dare they do such a thing?

So the stewards were doing their job then in trying to get them to sit down & not breach the terms of their season tickets O0

In what way?

Nothing ???

So the stewards were doing their job then in trying to get them to sit down & not breach the terms of their season tickets O0

Not really, they left the 3k or so fans standing and targeted an empty general sale block full of kids. People have been breaching these 'rules' all season. Anyone with common sence will tell you these 'safety' stewards just make things worse.

In what way?

Nothing ???

Not really, they left the 3k or so fans standing and targeted an empty general sale block full of kids. People have been breaching these 'rules' all season. Anyone with common sence will tell you these 'safety' stewards just make things worse.

:lol:

So they were doing their job?

In what way?

Nothing ???

If their job is getting in the way of people at a football match, then yes, they are doing a sterling job.

Personally, although its against the rules, I dont see the problem in the slightest with standing.

Yes the stewards are only doing their 'jobs' by the letter of the law, but trying to make 5k people sit down is not going to happen.

I personally witness one bloke being told to sit down, and all he said was 'are you going to telll everyone else the same thing, or am I being discriminated against?'

I had the sense it would boil over if they became more zelous...but they decided to back off when the chants started.

Just leave us be...its causing no harm, everyone is enjoying themselves and the majority can act normally.

In what way?

Nothing ???

If their job is getting in the way of people at a football match, then yes, they are doing a sterling job.

No their job is to get people to sit down.  It's the people not sitting down who are causing the problem.  They are the rules regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

I witnessed this make people sit down thing at the SOL last season, you wouldn't mind if they started with the people at the front as they are the key people that need to be sitting down. But they were randomly looking for people who they think they can make sit down. Never seen it in the Gallowgate where loads of people on the top row stand all game.

Guest Heneage

The new stewards up in level 7 this weekend are actual bouncers. I've saw a few on the doors of numerous clubs in town.

That's probably as its where the most trouble happens. As those fans aren't by in large season ticket holders with future games to think about they don't care. They've not paid hundreds for the season.

And Spence the jackets changed mate because the security was outsourced to Phoenix Eye security new ties and jackets for all. However apparently they are right knobs themselves (To workers) as one bloke was sacked for refusing to store his bag in the stewards room while working pitchside.

And Spence the jackets changed mate because the security was outsourced to Phoenix Eye security new ties and jackets for all. However apparently they are right knobs themselves (To workers) as one bloke was sacked for refusing to store his bag in the stewards room while working pitchside.

How weird is that I have just been on the website of there sister company. He wont remember me but I worked with founder of that company on the boat. As someone said about doormen they will be right as Phoenix have most of the doors in town.

Guest Heneage

How weird is that I have just been on the website of there sister company. He wont remember me but I worked with founder of that company on the boat. As someone said about doormen they will be right as Phoenix have most of the doors in town.

Is it a little bald fella?

I can't really comment on them as I've only worked with them once but they seem to be open ot our suggestions for new pitch-side chairs. Mind you they clearly don't employ Rocket Scientists in higher positions. I had the new tie and my old one in my hand, and I said to one of the manager girls "Excuse me what do I do with this" and she said "Put it on". I said "No no I meant the old tie." Bless her.  :lol: