Trouble in Level 7 today?

Guest michaelfoster

The club will just scrap the singing section if it continues.

Easier said than done though. I'd imagine there's a fair few season tickets up there. Where would they be re-located?

Tbf some of yous need to remember your dealing with DOORMEN here not Nixon, so if yous get slapped or have bother getting into pubs & clubs don't bitch about it.

Are these bouncers allowed to bitch if they end up getting their heads kicked in up there for pointlessly throwing their weight around?

Is throwing there weight around trying to apply the rules of entry to SJP?

By punching people in the face and wading into crowds to throw people out at random?

Well of course hitting someone is wrong but I wouldn't be so stupid to get into a situation with  someone who may be suffering roid rage. When you say random, you mean someone who was not sitting down.

Easier said than done though. I'd imagine there's a fair few season tickets up there. Where would they be re-located?

Just put the prices up in line with other tickets in the ground, people will look to move for better seats I would have thought as you would think some were attracted up there by the £150 or so cheaper seats.

Guest Heneage

I sit/stand right in the middle of the leazes corner and saw a bouncer (sorry steward) telling someone to sit down. The bloke was obviously asking the bouncer (sorry steward) why and then he waded in and swung at him. At that point all the bouncers (sorry stewards) waded in with some coppers and hauled the bouncer (sorry steward) out and the bloke. It was a bloody disgrace. The bouncer (sorry steward) should lose his job.

I'll be honest I'm not advocating violence but best bet if they say something just do it. I've never swung at anyone.

Just put the prices up in line with other tickets in the ground, people will look to move for better seats I would have thought as you would think some were attracted up there by the £150 or so cheaper seats.

The club will more than likely dump it at the end of the season, they are not going to have this carry on every game & some fans are not going to go back if people are getting digged off doormen.

Tbf some of yous need to remember your dealing with DOORMEN here not Nixon, so if yous get slapped or have bother getting into pubs & clubs don't bitch about it.

There was never problem with home fans standing at SJP until Mort created scummy/poor people/singing corner.

Very nice attitude to take.  

I personally choose to sit/stand in that corner, as do my 3 mates, as it has a cracking atmosphere and have never seen any bother, let alone heard anything other than football chanting.

I'm neither poor or scum.  But thanks for that anyhow.

To stereotype a whole section of a crowd and say that people deserved to be treat with utter disdain and disregard for merely supporting their team is not only stupid it is also moronic.

You’re not a bouncer/steward are you?

There was never problem with home fans standing at SJP until Mort created scummy/poor people/singing corner.

I personally choose to sit/stand in that corner, as do my 3 mates, as it has a cracking atmosphere and have never seen any bother, let alone heard anything other than football chanting.

To stereotype a whole section of a crowd and say that people deserved to be treat with utter disdain and disregard for merely supporting their team is not only stupid it is also moronic.

No I am not. Did you manage to remain in your seat for most of the game during last season? Why do fans who have moved up to that part of the ground NEED to stand now? Is it to help the lungs sing? I think there is a certain mob mentality up there. Some of us knew what was coming when you saw the "characters" who ended up there during our European nights.

The club has listened to fans by creating this area & selling the cheapest tickets possible & seems some fans cant abide the rules of entry.

I guess you fall into Singing then :thup:

Guest icemanblue

I sit/stand right in the middle of the leazes corner and saw a bouncer (sorry steward) telling someone to sit down. The bloke was obviously asking the bouncer (sorry steward) why and then he waded in and swung at him. At that point all the bouncers (sorry stewards) waded in with some coppers and hauled the bouncer (sorry steward) out and the bloke. It was a bloody disgrace. The bouncer (sorry steward) should lose his job.

I'll be honest I'm not advocating violence but best bet if they say something just do it. I've never swung at anyone.

:lol:

You wouldn't fucking dare try, man.

You wouldn't f***ing dare try, man.

If you notice Nixon didn't post much yesterday as he was answering a few question about dishing some mug, randomly of course.

No I am not. Did you manage to remain in your seat for most of the game during last season? Why do fans who have moved up to that part of the ground NEED to stand now? Is it to help the lungs sing? I think there is a certain mob mentality up there. Some of us knew what was coming when you saw the "characters" who ended up there during our European nights.

The club has listened to fans by creating this area & selling the cheapest tickets possible & seems some fans cant abide the rules of entry.

I guess you fall into Singing then :thup:

Indeed I do.

As for last season, I spent the majority sitting down unless there was an incident on the pitch that brought some excitement, but this is besides the point.  I wouldnt stand in Milburn Level 7 because I wouldve felt slightly out of place. 

I don’t believe its a NEED to stand, I just believe that it provides a better atmosphere and brings back an older sense of the terraces (to which anyone would agree) provided a better and a more social atmosphere. 

I personally think it is a crazy rule, and something to which the FA etc need to look to review.  If anything, they could even issue a disclaimer when tickets are dispensed agreeing to a 'I'll not sue the club if I hurt my leg because I'm standing' rule.

There HAS to be a better way of doing things rather than going in heavy handed ala the current crop of bouncers/stewards.

As I've said in previous posts, I've never seen an ounce of trouble or heard of any bother since my tenure in Level 7, that hasn’t been instigated by over zealous stewarding.

For all you unhappy campers, you can complain at:

Phoenix Eye Ltd: 0870 464 8999, [email protected] or use the contact page at http://www.phoenix-eye.co.uk/pages/contact-phoenix-8.html

NUFC

Customer Services : 0191 201 8475

Customer comments, complaints or suggestions

(Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm)

Tel: 0191 201 8475

Fax: 0191 201 8425

Email : [email protected]

Or try this Facebook group & you may find your potential attacker:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=31784223944

There HAS to be a better way of doing things rather than going in heavy handed ala the current crop of bouncers/stewards.

People sitting down until laws/rules are changed.

If people enjoy it up there & like the cheap tickets then a massive attitude change is needed by OUR fans.

Guest Heneage

You wouldn't f***ing dare try, man.

If you notice Nixon didn't post much yesterday as he was answering a few question about dishing some mug, randomly of course.

I can confirm that the Mug was not Iceman Blue as many thought. I would only "Swing" for someone if they were attempting to hit me.  But yeah Dave Pattison is the guy to contact nice guy, may be worth talking to Phoenix Eye.

As a 'more mature' supporter alhtough I don't want to stand up I do at every away match. I'm not too bothered by this as the atmosphere at away matches is almost worth the admission money alone.

What I have noticed is that the singing from the singing section has become stronger as the season's gone on and imo improved the atmosphere in the ground. It's always been easier to sing standing up (choirs do it!) and I can understand why people would want to stand. The problem is that it is not within the gift of the club to allow it; if they do then the safety certificate is at risk. What needs to happen is that the regulations need to be changed to allow standing areas; this means cooperation with other fans (ie Man Utd).

While you're at it make it so that we can have a beer at our sights like our rugger chums can and avoid the horrendous crushes underneath the stands, notably SoL this season which I though was getting a bit dangerous.

Guest toonlass

Or phone customer services at the club, yes they will pass it to the security section, but it will also be flagged to other club officials too as they will log it as an official complaint.

Hey 'thespence', do you go to any away games?  If so, do you stand or sit?  Also, what is you're beef with people standing?

Of course I stood at SAFC & Blackburn but nee one asked me to sit down & at most away grounds only employ old fuckers as stewards not DOORMEN. While were on the subject of away games our away fans has a lot scummy/charva bastards in its ranks as well as in recent times they have got us banned from Arkles near Anfield/Goodison & a decent bar near Bolton's ground.

My beef is not with people standing but if you stand dont be shocked if you get chucked out. Personally I would start from the front row in the corner & work backwards with evictions. Why should the people in corner get the cheap tickets but then cause the club more trouble than any other part of ground?

Guest icemanblue

Hey 'thespence', do you go to any away games?  If so, do you stand or sit?  Also, what is you're beef with people standing?

He's got no legs.

Guest WashyGeordie

Of course I stood at SAFC & Blackburn but nee one asked me to sit down & at most away grounds only employ old fuckers as stewards not DOORMEN. While were on the subject of away games our away fans has a lot scummy/charva bastards in its ranks as well as in recent times they have got us banned from Arkles near Anfield/Goodison & a decent bar near Bolton's ground.

My beef is not with people standing but if you stand dont be shocked if you get chucked out. Personally I would start from the front row in the corner & work backwards with evictions. Why should the people in corner get the cheap tickets but then cause the club more trouble than any other part of ground?

There's no trouble being caused in the singing section though, which 2nd half proved as a fact (when they left us alone).

Guest Jawesome

My thoughts exactly.