Trouble in Level 7 today?

Guest michaelfoster

The ones in Milburn L7 are a bit OTT, we got to the match a little earlier than usual so I had a pre-match pint...watched the end of the fulham game and all of a sudden Newcastle vs Stoke was on the telly (!)...we started laughing as we thought we'd managed to balls up missing KO and went to double check it hand't started...stayed inside the concourse and looked to see the East Stand not even half full.

As I'm laughing about it with our kid, Mr Steward (who had nothing else to do), comes and gives me a lecture about how alcohol isn't allowed in the stands and that if I want to finish it I had to go back into the bar...

Not a problem with the rules, but clearly I wasn't attempting to take it out into the stands and we were on our way back to watch the (FA CUP) highlights anyways.

Utter joke.

Same goes for the lad who shouts "divvn't gaan doon the seats, use the stairs, or y'all get a brooken leg"

It's the rules that are the problem, not the people being paid to implement them.

It's utterly ridiculous that standing up is deemed dangerous. I stand all the time at home, I stand often at work and I've never once come to any harm. People stand to sing in churches but you don't get stewards there telling the congregation to sit down or be ejected.

That said, I stand at football matches and will continue to do so in direct opposition to the above ridiculous rules. But if asked to sit down by a steward, I will do so as the alternative is to potentially be ejected from the stadium. But I will stand up again the very moment he walks away, which he inevitably must.

The standing thing is a bit stupid, for the Valencia game I got up to go to the loo, kid next to me was some sort of spack and didnt understand that for me to get out he had to stand up. I was stood for about 10 seconds steward shouts up that I have to sit down, bet he felt like a right tit when I walked past him a few seconds after.

• 2 weeks later...

Another fine display in overzealous stewarding today resulting in 'rumoured' 6 arrests, one including a steward himself.

Basically from what I saw (I sit about 200 yards away) steward speaking to a bloke (late 40s) next thing, he (the steward) twats this bloke.  Bit of a scuffle, resulting in our fans around the bloke kicking off.  Both the bloke and steward got karted away by the coppers.

Half time, one of the lads overhears a bloke talkin to a steward, only to be met with 'write a letter to the club if you dont like it mate'. 

Once again, theres nowt untoward going on with our lads, so why oh why leave it well alone and just let us support the team ffs.

Genius idea singing 'Stand Up if you love football' and getting Spuds to join in.  Took them about 3 minutes we were helping them standup mind.

Guest firetotheworks

The most dangerous its ever going to get standing up is when we score and everyones jumping around on their feet. Surely if they outlaw standing then they should outlaw celebrating?

Guest Heneage

Sam Allardyce was in the bogs in the Gallowgate again.

Just stood there with his headset on for no reason.

Blackhawks.

Tbh they over complicate the job most of the time last game I went to the bogs to do smoker checks really I just wanted a piss.

The stewards where bang out of order yesterday they just created the problem, one of em in a red jacket said if they dont sit down we will radomly take people out of the ground 5 secs later he was wading into the crowd with the bouncers and pulling some young un out, disgrace TBH.

The police where just laughing when we sang we'll never sit down and you can shove ya seats up your ass !!!

Speaking to the copper next to me he said its not up to them to enforce us to sit down thats why there not bothered unless it kicks off, it the clubs responsibility so the stewards (Bouncers) on Lvl 7

Apparently the stewards (bouncers) weren't letting certain people into bars in the city centre because they are on CCTV standing up at the game, f***ing disgrace.

Do you know people this has happened to or could it be a urban myth?

I would imagine if someone has been a bellend to bouncer in stewards clothing at the match that person may have trouble getting into a bar/club that these doormen are working at later on.

Guest toonlass

I sit/stand right in the middle of the leazes corner and saw a bouncer (sorry steward) telling someone to sit down. The bloke was obviously asking the bouncer (sorry steward) why and then he waded in and swung at him. At that point all the bouncers (sorry stewards) waded in with some coppers and hauled the bouncer (sorry steward) out and the bloke. It was a bloody disgrace. The bouncer (sorry steward) should lose his job.

I sit/stand right in the middle of the leazes corner and saw a bouncer (sorry steward) telling someone to sit down. The bloke was obviously asking the bouncer (sorry steward) why and then he waded in and swung at him. At that point all the bouncers (sorry stewards) waded in with some coppers and hauled the bouncer (sorry steward) out and the bloke. It was a bloody disgrace. The bouncer (sorry steward) should lose his job.

Saw the same thing as me then. 

Apparently the stewards (bouncers) weren't letting certain people into bars in the city centre because they are on CCTV standing up at the game, f***ing disgrace.

I would imagine if someone has been a bellend to bouncer in stewards clothing at the match that person may have trouble getting into a bar/club that these doormen are working at later on.

I know the lad who said it happened to him, he posts on here sometimes - Jrtoonarmy.

Tbf some of yous need to remember your dealing with DOORMEN here not Nixon, so if yous get slapped or have bother getting into pubs & clubs don't bitch about it.

There was never problem with home fans standing at SJP until Mort created scummy/poor people/singing corner.

I know the lad who said it happened to him, he posts on here sometimes - Jrtoonarmy.

Will be interesting to see which bar it is.

Tbf some of yous need to remember your dealing with DOORMEN here not Nixon, so if yous get slapped or have bother getting into pubs & clubs don't bitch about it.

Are bouncers allowed to punch people like?  Why did he get arrested then?

Edit: Are these bouncers allowed to bitch if they end up getting their heads kicked in up there for pointlessly throwing their weight around?

OBVIOUSLY NOT! But they are known to & they have long memories, if people were doing what they were told I dont think there would be any bother would there.

Are these bouncers allowed to bitch if they end up getting their heads kicked in up there for pointlessly throwing their weight around?

Is throwing there weight around trying to apply the rules of entry to SJP?

Are these bouncers allowed to bitch if they end up getting their heads kicked in up there for pointlessly throwing their weight around?

Is throwing there weight around trying to apply the rules of entry to SJP?

By punching people in the face and wading into crowds to throw people out at random?  There wasn't any trouble until they started causing it.  If they singled out you, would you sit down and look at the back of the person in front of you instead of the match?

Guest toonlass

OBVIOUSLY NOT! But they are known to & they have long memories, if people were doing what they were told I dont think there would be any bother would there.

If the bouncers were not randomly picking people out to pick on and were treating everyone equally and fairly then there would be no bother. The bouncer yesterday was going round pointing randomly at fans and not telling everyone to sit down. When he picked on the bloke who he eventually hit, the bloke asked why he was being singled out (I couldn't hear it by the way, but you could tell by his hand gestures, not rude ones just ones like "why me?" and indicating that everyone else was standing) and then the bouncer waded in and hit him. If you think that is fair of the bouncer then fine, but to be honest he was instigating trouble by singling out people to shout at.