Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I bet the twat feels so sorry for himself if Hull or Stoke ends up being his best option. Of course he won't blame going to the World Cup when he shouldn't have and picking up the injury which finished him as a top class striker on himself, and I suppose he won't take any blame for his very poor form last season which has helped see us relegated. It would be lovely to see him get relegated with Hull next season. He will be full of self pity for himself though.

No he wouldn't be at all, Stoke do not create that many chances and the chances they do create come largely through set pieces and long throws, where they've exploited their teams large physical attributes. Owen is not the fox in the box player eager to pounce on any scraps that people who don't follow NUFC seem to think he still is. He's decent in the air but is not a threat at all from set pieces as his success in the air (which TBH are fairly distant memories) has been because he's ghosted in largely undetected, in a packed penalty area, like you have from set pieces that's just not been so easy for him. His reactions are way slower they were even since last year, his positional sense , once his great attribute seemed to desert him last year so feeding off the scraps is not something you can bank on.  He's not aged well as a footballer.

To be perfectly honest I'm struggling to find an environment where he can flourish these days, he really needs to be playing for a top 4 team or one that will create a bunch of chances for him. Otherwise you we see his lack of interest and basically ineffective play when he manages to get himself off the treatment table.

Fair enough, my image of him is still rooted in last year I think. I still have a fantasy he may become a sort of latter-day Micky Quinn goal-hanger.

You have to imagine these managers have heard that Owen isn't getting much interest from any other clubs, otherwise why would they be so open about their interest.

So far we have a denial from O'Neill of Villa, a rejection from Whelan at Wigan and interest from Hull and Stoke.

Pretty filthy situation and he deserves it.

You have to imagine these managers have heard that Owen isn't getting much interest from any other clubs, otherwise why would they be so open about their interest.

So far we have a denial from O'Neill of Villa, a rejection from Whelan at Wigan and interest from Hull and Stoke.

Simple really, it's great marketing for the clubs concerned. Ooh looked at how ambitious we are we are after the great Michael Owen, they are probably not that bothered if they get him or not, it's good press for the clubs.

Also rightly or wrongly these clubs think they are now bigger than Newcastle as they are in a higher division than us, so why would they not think they could sign a player from our club.

Flog season tickets.

Guest ObaStar

Simple really, it's great marketing for the clubs concerned. Ooh looked at how ambitious we are we are after the great Michael Owen, they are probably not that bothered if they get him or not, it's good press for the clubs.

Also rightly or wrongly these clubs think they are now bigger than Newcastle as they are in a higher division than us, so why would they not think they could sign a player from our club.

bit like our rooney bid

real madrid stringently checking fitness?! surely that can't be right  ;D

if so how did woodgate / huntelaar pass medicals?

they must have someone who's an expert at the jedi mind trick

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SWAYhQh_-8I/AAAAAAAABvE/LDIJTHpYozw/s320/Dr.+Nick+Riviera.gif

"hi everybody!"

"Hi Dr Nick"

Fat Fred said:

The clamour for him to sign was immense, and I didn’t hear any complaints from the thousands who turned up to welcome him on the day he arrived.”
No it wasn't, in fact there was no 'clamour' at all.

After all weren't we all supposed to be 'pleasantly surprised' when the club unveiled it's big signing that summer?

real madrid stringently checking fitness?! surely that can't be right  ;D

if so how did woodgate / huntelaar pass medicals?

they must have someone who's an expert at the jedi mind trick

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SWAYhQh_-8I/AAAAAAAABvE/LDIJTHpYozw/s320/Dr.+Nick+Riviera.gif

"hi everybody!"

"Hi Dr Nick"

hehehe that's about right like :)

Guest neesy111

this is the exact reason why no one should want shepherd even near to buying the club back, he still hasn't learn't from any of his mistakes which started the massive downfall we are now in

Guest neesy111

i had a dream last night, that he rejoined liverpool, on his debut their again he broke down, all of newcastle rejoiced and then i had a arguement with andy gray telling him he was finished while he was saying he just wasn't fit

then i went to brake owen's leg's

Guest dover

Got to say I agree with FFS on that one. At the time he was in great form for Real Madrid, still an England regular and commercial gold, so in that sense he was a good signing. In hindsight hes an arrogant uncommitted injury prone twat, but cant blame FFS for bringing him here at the time, and I also applauded his famous "drive him back to merseyside" comments when he realised he was a spent force.

Spunked 17 million on a player and ignored the rest of the flaws of the team.

What a fat turnip he is.

To be fair, in those 3 transfer windows we'd spent biggish money in terms of fees and wages on a right and left back, centre back, three wingers, three central midfielders, and a big name centre forward before Owen signed. (Solano was a few hours later if we're being picky)

What a fat turnip he is.

To be fair, in those 3 transfer windows we'd spent biggish money in terms of fees and wages on a right and left back, centre back, three wingers, three central midfielders, and a big name centre forward before Owen signed. (Solano was a few hours later if we're being picky)

You could give Souness a billion to spend and he'd just end up paying 10 times as much for the same dross.

Guest Roger Kint

What a fat turnip he is.

You could give Souness a billion to spend and he'd just end up paying 10 times as much for the same dross.

As much as i hate Sourness he did say he wanted Anelka and someone else for the amount Shepherd wasted on Owen.