Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

hope we take £8m if offered.

His last 4 performances have been woeful. If we're struggling to create he basically has no business being in the first Xl, let alone captain and first name on the teamsheet.

Oh right, you don't think we'll miss his goals?

Not if we replace him with someone equal or better.

His last 4 performances have been woeful. If we're struggling to create he basically has no business being in the first Xl, let alone captain and first name on the teamsheet.

Which isn't going to happen...

It woudn't be nearly as difficult as you seem to believe..

But for Kinnear...

What player would you suggest then?

One thing I have noticed is that Owen is invisible when Martins is missing, whereas Martins is still effective whoever he plays alongside.

this, every time

Sunderland & Fulham away must have been figments of my imagination then because he was awful in both of those games when Owen was out.

It's not my job to keep track of all the up and coming players in the world. We need somebody to complement Martins, which Owen doesn't, so somebody who can hold the ball up, is an aerial thread and can put himself about a bit. Would be good if they also have the technique to be able to create a chance for themselves.

It's not my job to keep track of all the up and coming players in the world. We need somebody to complement Martins, which Owen doesn't, so somebody who can hold the ball up, is an aerial thread and can put himself about a bit. Would be good if they also have the technique to be able to create a chance for themselves.

Xisco  :pow:

People go on about Owen not getting the chances but he had them today and messed them all up, it's not the first time this season either as he's missed quite a few chances where you would expect a £100k pew week player to do better.

Not sure what I'd do for a replacement, either a player like Elano to be the link up man between midfield and attack or someone like Gomis who will be more of a handfull for defenders.

One thing I have noticed is that Owen is invisible when Martins is missing, whereas Martins is still effective whoever he plays alongside.

this, every time

Sunderland & Fulham away must have been figments of my imagination then because he was awful in both of those games when Owen was out.

2 games is all you can come up with?

People go on about Owen not getting the chances but he had them today and messed them all up, it's not the first time this season either as he's missed quite a few chances where you would expect a £100k pew week player to do better.

And yet he still has the best goal per shots ratio in the league...which shows every other striker in the division has missed more.

this, every time

Those were the ones that come to mind, yes.

this, every time

he was shite agreed. But he's also excelled alongside Shola fucking Ameobi. Whereas Owen just doesn't seem to influence the game whatsoever without Oba

And yet he still has the best goal per shots ratio in the league...which shows every other striker in the division has missed more.

That doesn't really tell you anything because players like Rooney and Keane will have more speculative shots from anywhere, Owen doesn't and 95% of his shots are in positions where you would expect to at least test the keeper.

this, every time

he was shite agreed. But he's also excelled alongside Shola fucking Ameobi. Whereas Owen just doesn't seem to influence the game whatsoever without Oba

That's because Oba sets a lot of his goals up and that's all Owen can really do now up top in a 4-4-2 is be in the right place (which he's obviously one of the best at).

I'd be genuinely interested to know how many goals Owen has set up while he's been at NUFC. If it's more than 2-3, I'd be very surprised. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though I'm sure there have been.

this, every time

That's because Oba sets a lot of his goals up and that's all Owen can really do now up top in a 4-4-2 is be in the right place (which he's obviously one of the best at).

I'd be genuinely interested to know how many goals Owen has set up while he's been at NUFC. If it's more than 2-3, I'd be very surprised.

Also one of the reasons why Man U wouldn't consider Owen in a month of Sundays. Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Berbatov even if they don't score goals provide so much pace and movement they create so many more.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even when he's not on form, not fully fit and not in the game there is no other player in our squad I'd rather a chance fall to or feel anywhere near as confident in when it comes to scoring goals on a consistent basis which Michael Owen does aplenty when he plays.

this, every time

he was s**** agreed. But he's also excelled alongside Shola f***ing Ameobi. Whereas Owen just doesn't seem to influence the game whatsoever without Oba

I'd be genuinely interested to know how many goals Owen has set up while he's been at NUFC. If it's more than 2-3, I'd be very surprised.

Also one of the reasons why Man U wouldn't consider Owen in a month of Sundays. Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Berbatov even if they don't score goals provide so much pace and movement they create so many more.

That's all very well if you're a team who have other players like that.

Put it another way, if Owen signed for someone like Blackburn, Stoke, WBA, Hull, etc. they'd score a helluva lot more goals and have more clear-cut chances with his movement than what we'd have with our other current strikers.

Even when he's not on form, not fully fit and not in the game there is no other player in our squad I'd rather a chance fall to or feel anywhere near as confident in when it comes to scoring goals on a consistent basis which Michael Owen does aplenty when he plays.

While that statement has some merit, it doesn't warrant us shelling out another silly contract for him anymore or building a team around him in the idle hope he will be staying. He is no longer the player he once was and we can't carry a player like him. We need to move on, as well as him.

this, every time

he was s**** agreed. But he's also excelled alongside Shola f***ing Ameobi. Whereas Owen just doesn't seem to influence the game whatsoever without Oba

That's all very well if you're a team who have other players like that.

Put it another way, if Owen signed for someone like Blackburn, Stoke, WBA, Hull, etc. they'd score a helluva lot more goals and have more clear-cut chances with his movement than what we'd have with our other current strikers.

Based on what?