Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

For Shepherd, it is a case of what might have been when he reflects on Owens Newcastle days. If hed stayed fit I certainly think we would have finished in the top three but football can be very cruel, Shepherd added.

Yeah, righto, Freddy. Course we would have.

absolutely priceless, should be a timely reminder of (a) what a mouthy fuckwitted t*** FS actually was & (b) that chairmen/owners don't always know a lot about football - topical one that

3rd place :lol:

The same owner who was caught on camera saying "I'd drive him back to Liverpool". :lol:

Forgot about that, wonder if thats mentioned when certain posters blame the new board for not getting Owen to sign a new contract (as if he ever was).

Well they will have been in charge for half of his tenure here.

He was still never going to sign imo and it will no doubt be seen as their failure when he doesn't.

I don't think he ever intended on signing, but if we nip into Europe (low chance, not impossible) he might stay. Always assumed he'd be off at the end of the year anyway.

It's funny what a couple of wins can do, isn't it. :razz:

I don't think he ever intended on signing, but if we nip into Europe (low chance, not impossible) he might stay. Always assumed he'd be off at the end of the year anyway. 

If we nip into the Champions League, sign a few world class players, and offer as good a wage as he can get elsewhere, then I'm inclined to agree with you.  Can't see him being impressed by the Waffa and its low profile ties with obscure Eastern European and Scandinavian teams.

Signing for us would be the last resort imo.

Not really, I've always been a 2 on the relegation-ometer :razz:

But looking at the table we're the same distance (both points and places) from Europe as we are the relegation zone iirc. Both are extremely unlikely, but not to be altogether discounted, especially with the league as it has been this season.

To be fair, we were saying this before we won those last two games. ;)

If we got £6m for Owen, then I'd have no problems whatsover paying upto £10m for Bellamy.

Are you insane?

Plus the fact we need Owens goal so desperately. Wow.

Another option is we keep him until the end of the season, he walks away on a free and Ashley won't put any money up for a replacement because he doesn't want the club anymore.

Guest optimistic nit

If we nip into the Champions League, sign a few world class players, and offer as good a wage as he can get elsewhere, then I'm inclined to agree with you.  Can't see him being impressed by the Waffa and its low profile ties with obscure Eastern European and Scandinavian teams.

Signing for us would be the last resort imo.

the uefa cup has had some top teams in it this year and i cant see any cl club being interested in him

Basically, if we could get any other good striker for around £4-5m more than any club is willing to offer for Owen, I'd take it.

If the bids for Owen are only £3m or whatever, then naturally you keep him until June.

I agree with that.

I don't know anyone who thinks Owen will stay, so if the chance comes up to get a replacement in in January then I'd do the deal and move him on.

Swap Bellamy for Owen. If Owen wants off, then let him. At least we have seen Bellamy has the passion and loved his time at the club. He always said he would love to return if Souness wasn't there. He was forced out

Can someone please inform me where NUFC are going to get a top class replacement for Owen ?

It looks now as if the Owen haters among the esteemed fans of NUFC are going to get their wish, and he could be off to Man C(so much for those who said he wouldn't fetch a decent fee...).

The only player who would be anything like a decent replacement is Santa Cruz, and he is also heading for Man C...not a bad striking trio they are going to have, when you add those 2 to Robinho - NUFC fans can only dream of such a line-up.

6m is not exactly record-breaking, but probably enough to get Ashley to sell - it is nowhere NEAR enough to tempt a decent forward to SJP because of the club's position ; if they lose to Liverpool and sell Owen, relegation is still a strong possibility and players know that...

As for those on about Bellamy, I think you'll find he has better pastures lined up....

A very interesting few weeks lies ahead......

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is it you who's added the hack-tastic interpretation of Mourinho's words there Sicko?

Red top tastic!

hope we take £8m if offered.

His last 4 performances have been woeful. If we're struggling to create he basically has no business being in the first Xl, let alone captain and first name on the teamsheet.

hope we take £8m if offered.

His last 4 performances have been woeful. If we're struggling to create he basically has no business being in the first Xl, let alone captain and first name on the teamsheet.

Oh right, you don't think we'll miss his goals?