Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I cant make up my mind what I think if Michael Owen

If I was him, with having no affinity to NUFC, I would have wanted to fuck off from the place as soon as possible as well. On that score I have no grudge to bear with him.

On the other hand, however, he should have been intelligent enough to know that despite the small percentage of idiot fans, a large number are genuine honest fans who have been going through the whole debacle as well and as Captain, he should have shown them more respect and at least made some public comment at the end of the season

Part 2 probably has greater impact so net result is I think he's a cunt.

Tell you what, dependent on whether he makes it through enough games next season we'll base how good Owen's striking abilities are with a good team behind him and not the s*** we had.  You know strikers like Owen need service.

cRonaldo a completely different player too - so pointless to compare.

Who do you compare Owen with? Viduka? The man is finnished. He's lost his pace, he isn't creative and I think that his complete lack of hight will begin to be a major handicap fpr the man. Oh ya and there's the small matter of his knees which are as week as piss

I don't see there being any need to compare anyone ever. 

Comparisons between football players are futile and should only be used for non-serious discussion or unless there are two players vying for a position/transfer.  You know, where there is relevance.

Now read the bit in bold

Guest The Libertine

I'd question the loyalty of any nufc fan who wants the little c*** to do well

So bitter.

We have the right to be bitter, he was THE biggest waste of money that was ever brought into this club

so maybe blame the person who bought him? (hindsight is not needed in this case. it was a horrible deal from the off)

I don't think that he said he wanted him to do well (he might, I can't speak for him) but he said he thinks he will do, in a team with better service. Learn to read

Dreseden has said or strongly implied in the past that he wants Owen to do well in the future, nowt to do with reading

No, no you really don't... But your choice. 

Oh and best to use a level head in discussions, and don't let your emotions rule your opinions.

My emotions aren't ruling my opinions. I'm sick and tired of giving Owen chances, he's a useless cunt and 99% of Newcastle fans are glad to be rid of him and no longer give a shit about him. He's gone to to occupy Man United's treatment table not ours.

The man is finnished. He's lost his pace, he isn't creative and I think that his complete lack of hight will begin to be a major handicap fpr the man. Oh ya and there's the small matter of his knees which are as week as piss

In terms of him being finished, it's probably best to judge him on his performances next season.  He has lost his pace, but his other attributes are still there (remember the % conversion stat).  In terms of his hight, it's never handicapped him.  His movement and judgement has lead to him scoring plenty of headed goals. 

His knees, well that's very relevant.  You're right about that and it's the crunch for his entire future in football.  All depends on his knees.  Oh and don't forget Shearer adapted his game brilliantly (well so did the entire playing mentality of the team) when he lost his pace.  Now I'm not saying Owen is a dead cert to do the same, but he has other attributes which mean he could.

The man is finnished. He's lost his pace, he isn't creative and I think that his complete lack of hight will begin to be a major handicap fpr the man. Oh ya and there's the small matter of his knees which are as week as piss

In terms of him being finished, it's probably best to judge him on his performances next season.  He has lost his pace, but his other attributes are still there (remember the % conversion stat).  In terms of his hight, it's never handicapped him.  His movement and judgement has lead to him scoring plenty of headed goals. 

His knees, well that's very relevant.  You're right about that and it's the crunch for his entire future in football.  All depends on his knees.  Oh and don't forget Shearer adapted his game brilliantly (well so did the entire playing mentality of the team) when he lost his pace.  Now I'm not saying Owen is a dead cert to do the same, but he has other attributes which mean he could.

like what?

I don't think that he said he wanted him to do well (he might, I can't speak for him) but he said he thinks he will do, in a team with better service. Learn to read

Dreseden has said or strongly implied in the past that he wants Owen to do well in the future, nowt to do with reading

How does it make his loyalty as a Newcastle fan questionable, anyway? Not everyone is as bitter and biased as you are, you know. As much as Owen has been poor in a poor team (both factors imo) why should he not be allowed to wish him well? Yes, he's been on huge wages but Shepherd was more than happy to give them to him. The man who managed to up the Luque price by about £9m and offered him crazy money.

I'm not his greatest fan in all honesty either but I don't hate him to the degree that you do, and you need to learn to respect that other people aren't as hate-filled as you are.

What other atributes? A goal ever 3 games is a shit % conversion. Movement in the box? Well his lack of pace will end that. He'll be an "impact" sub next season. And if he only gets a one year deal it won't be renewd.

I reckon this is back up in case they can't get a decent footballer.

BTW I don't know ANY Unitedfans happy about this

What other atributes? A goal ever 3 games is a shit % conversion. Movement in the box? Well his lack of pace will end that. He'll be an "impact" sub next season. And if he only gets a one year deal it won't be renewd.

I reckon this is back up in case they can't get a decent footballer.

BTW I don't know ANY Unitedfans happy about this

Split with the United fans I know, some aghast with the move with others seeing the potential positives.

Movement, anticipation, finishing, composure would be a few that springs to mind.  Oh and pace would have an impact on his movement, but his anticipation plays a big part - but we'll wait and see next season.

Lads tell you what, let's put a stop to this and judge how well he does next season?

Guest neesy111

brilliant, this will show everyone how finished he is

we we're the slowest team in the premiership and he looked finished in that team, he's going to look 10x worse with rooney, valencia etc

im actually gutted cos i hate the bloke, but he's gonna do well there. even as a squad player, he'll chip in with a decent number of goals at one of the biggest clubs in the world (which he doesn't deserve)

tbh a bigger team were always gonna take a chance because in this age of extortionate transfer fees, michael owen's reputation alone warrants getting him on a free. his wages were a lot for us, but theyre a drop in the ocean for the big 4 now. fergie's gamble will definitely pay off  :-[

Where has this been confirmed? On SSN they're saying he's doing a medical later today

Was told SSN where reporting done.  You looking online or TV?  As I know online is still showing as waiting for the medical to be completed.

If I was United I'd run ever test in the book and take my time.

Why is every single post just repeating the same stuff, no-one likes him, we get it.  :lol:

Personally I don't think 8 in 28 for a striker in a relegated team is that bad to be honest and he is worth a punt on a free.

He hasn't lost any pace (or any other attributes) since the first half of the season where his scoring record was good, his record was **** in the second half of the season due to lack of bottle/confidence/service but that won't be the case at Man U.

Guest neesy111

Owen being delivered passes and crosses from top class players = scoring goals>>> playing in Newcastle and being delivered with 3 crosses a year = not scoring goals

he was never in the box to get onto any

Guest neesy111

Why is every single post just repeating the same stuff, no-one likes him, we get it.  :lol:

Personally I don't think 8 in 28 for a striker in a relegated team is that bad to be honest and he is worth a punt on a free.

He hasn't lost any pace (or any other attributes) since the first half of the season where his scoring record was good, his record was **** in the second half of the season due to lack of bottle/confidence/service but that won't be the case at Man U.

carl cort scored 8 in 17 games for us

scored 15 in 35 for wimbledon as well, that make him a good player