Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

There's a reason that none of the top clubs in europe have players as limited as Owen in their team lads

Agree. Maybe 10 years ago, but Michael Owen is not an adequate striker in the modern game.

Would happily break this smug c***s legs if I got the chance.

nah, you wouldnt.

Go to hell.

Maybe not. But it's staggering how he has got this deal after the utter contempt he showed the fans and the club as a whole last season.

chill dude. who gives a f*** about Owen!?

He is whats wrong with football. This game is about the fans. When c***s like this take us for mugs it does my tits in.

how much blame do you assign to shepherd for this?

Its hard to say really. To be honest I was well chuffed at the time like I'm sure Shepard was. Owen has to take responsibility though, he's not a child.

You're right, he's gone. But we are in the Championship. So it's going to be hard to forget.

One of my pet hates is people slinging opinions out into the internets without backing them up.

Would love some sort of 'feckless point' filter to be implied - especially here.

"Michael Owen is no longer an adequate modern footballer." is such a candidate.

One of my pet hates is people slinging opinions out into the internets without backing them up.

Would love some sort of 'feckless point' filter to be implied - especially here.

"Michael Owen is no longer an adequate modern footballer." is such a candidate.

He does fuck all apart from tap in a few sitters. It doesn't add enough to the overall play of the team. How would you like this to be quantified? Assists? Pass statistics?

Tevez scored less goals than Berbatov last season, yet played more games, because he did more for the team.

I can't be FUCKED to write a massive essay on every fucking post.

We never got the ball to him in the time he was here, Shepherd bought the wrong kind of player to replace Shearer.

He aint our problem anymore, it will be intersting to see how his little injuries are at Man Utd.

it's something that the media has always overlooked, Post-1998 he's let England down badly in the tournaments

I honestly don't know how he does it, his reputation is an absolute sham

Must have missed his goal against Brazil in the World Cup Quarter Final in 2002 did you?

I wish him every success in the world and i do not blame him one bit for what happened in his 4 years with us. He still had a good goals to games record for us and at times last season worked his stots off and was far and away our best player in some games while being constantly starved of service by our shit awful midfield.

'Tap in a few sitters' - Ruud tapped in over 150 sitters for United - shit footballer iirc

Need to look at different playing roles, formations, team mentalities, attacking patterns of play etc. before comparing how successful players are. 

You know that Tevez and Berbs occupy completely different roles in the United team and are used when they are suited best?

it's something that the media has always overlooked, Post-1998 he's let England down badly in the tournaments

Must have missed his goal against Brazil in the World Cup Quarter Final in 2002 did you?

I wish him every success in the world and i do not blame him one bit for what happened in his 4 years with us. He still had a good goals to games record for us and at times last season worked his stots off and was far and away our best player in some games while being constantly starved of service by our s*** awful midfield.

:dowie:

I wish him every success in the world and i do not blame him one bit for what happened in his 4 years with us. He still had a good goals to games record for us and at times last season worked his stots off and was far and away our best player in some games while being constantly starved of service by our s*** awful midfield.

why are you bringing that up? One goal doesn't change the fact that he let us down. His record post-1998 is 4 goals in 16 games in the tournaments, pathetic

How is 8 goals in 28 games a good goals to games record btw? Seriously

'Tap in a few sitters' - Ruud tapped in over 150 sitters for United - shit footballer iirc

Need to look at different playing roles, formations, team mentalities, attacking patterns of play etc. before comparing how successful players are. 

You know that Tevez and Berbs occupy completely different roles in the United team and are used when they are suited best?

Ruud (and Berbatov for that matter) is a significantly more well-rounded player than Michael Owen because he can hold the ball for longer than 3 seconds without being blown over by a rogue cross-wind.

4 goals in 16 games in the tournaments, pathetic

Interestingly the average number of goals per game in international competitions has significantly decreased post 1998 - as has the number of goals individuals have scored on average.

Ruud (and Berbatov for that matter) is a significantly more well-rounded player than Michael Owen because he can hold the ball for longer than 3 seconds without being blown over by a rogue cross-wind.

Holding the ball up = 'more well-rounded' eh?

Ruud was berated as a player who was seemingly limited to only being able to score goals.  Yet, he and United where successful during his stint.  I was merely implying how a club and player can in that situation can and has been successful.

why are you bringing that up? One goal doesn't change the fact that he let us down. His record post-1998 is 4 goals in 16 games in the tournaments, pathetic

8 in 28 isn't bad.

Adebayor got 10 in 27 and Rooney 12 in 30 last season.

The difference being that Owen's team was relegated and those players' team finished in the top 4.

comparing Owen with Ruud Van Nistelrooj  :lol:

Van Nistelrooj has strength, is the best finisher in the world and has an absolutely magnificent first touch

It's not a comparison, merely indicating how a team can be successful using a specific goalscorer.  They did it with cRonaldo last year too.

8 in 28 isn't bad.

Adebayor got 10 in 27 and Rooney 12 in 30 last season.

The difference being that Owen's team was relegated and those players' team finished in the top 4.

but it certainly isn't 'good' is it now. Especially when you consider the fact that he relies on goals to justify selection more than just about every striker in the league

Ruud was berated as a player who was seemingly limited to only being able to score goals.  Yet, he and United where successful during his stint.  I was merely implying how a club and player can in that situation can and has been successful.

Was just one example of why Ruud is better than Michael slOwen. Thus a team is limiting themselves less with RVN.

Was just one example of why Ruud is better than Michael slOwen. Thus a team is limiting themselves less with RVN.

Pointless discussion here - end it.

When has he ever let us or England down??

Would Shearer, RVN, Andy Cole, Marco van Basten etc etc have scored goals for us last season given the shit service from our crap midfield?? I think Not!

The problem we had was that we spunked too much money on one player and so had to rely far too much on him being fit and in form - and you cannot rely on Owen, his fitness record says it all, he is a bit of a luxury player tbh. ManU do not need to build a side around him, he is an option in an already talented and varied squad, they can afford the luxury.

Are you seriously saying that 8 in 28 is a good record mate?

There's a reason Capello wants him nowhere near, he's a nothing player against good defenders and has been for a long time

Are you seriously saying that 8 in 28 is a good record mate?

There's a reason Capello wants him nowhere near, he's a nothing player against good defenders and has been for a long time

But what's the reason for Ferguson wanting him then?