Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I didn't think he'd be able to get a top 4 move, so fair play for him and good luck. Good riddance too. And I need a new avatar.

Some idiot Hull player reckons he is a great player, who came back from injury twice and played 30 odd games last season for Newcastle.

Didnt mention us going fucking down mind.

He always seemed to have a strop whenever we dropped him like.

Capello's a tit if he includes Owen in the squad because he's at Man Utd, it's gunna put us in a bad light like, if that's at all possible.

Have they reversed that shot or not? Umbro is backwards but it looks like 'smoking' is correct in the background... :cheesy:

Could be the design of the shirt, fashion and all that?

So when does his contract with us end and how much more do we have to pay him before his manure contract starts?

As of now we're paying him nothing. His contract ended at midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing annoyed now it's gone through, actually.

He's come out of our relegation smelling of roses.

This.

Im not one for wishing failure on people, but this situation is really testing that for me.

This.

Im not one for wishing failure on people, but this situation is really testing that for me.

We're in danger of never being an established top flight club again (hyperbole perhaps but it's certainly possible) and an overpaid striker who did absolutely fuck all for the last third of our relegation season has got a move to the best club in the country.

:nope:

This.

We're in danger of never being an established top flight club again (hyperbole perhaps but it's certainly possible) and an overpaid striker who did absolutely fuck all for the last third of our relegation season has got a move to the best club in the country.

:nope:

Nah, best team, not the best club

Reds capture Owen

Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has signed Michael Owen on a two-year contract. The striker was out of contract, so no transfer fee is involved.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish.”

Michael Owen said: "I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him the next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me. I agreed without a moment's thought.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands.

"I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one.

"I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances”

:kinnear: