The FA Youth Cup 2008/09 - Knocked out, 4-2 to Manchester City (a)

Greg

Guest Heneage

Good win. I may pop up to Darsley Park on Sunday and watch the U18's play Notts F that is if I am not wankered off Saturday night.

Hoping to pull or quiet night in?

Guest GeordieNick

One of the richest clubs in the world and couldnt even afford a couple of ball boys, the players were climbing into the stands over the seats to get the ball.  :lol: Nile wasnt having any of that though.

Looked really hungry Nile, chasing the ball down and winning the headers, he looks like he can become a player, and he smiled in my direction! Missed 3 good chances though, 2 of them were absolute sitters.

Thought Donaldson looked really assured playing in front of the back four, allways wanting the ball and keeping the game moving. Mcrudden looked like a canny player but needs a bit more weight on him, missed a decent chance after brilliant build up play from Nile. Inman looked decent, Ferguson was all pace, no product tonight. The ginger fella Newton was gash.

Our defence looked pretty dodgy like, must filter through from the first team.

Yeah just got back, Nile missed an absolute sitter, Mickey Owen would have been proud of that one! Certainly wasn't Ajax football by any stretch, but the lads looked comfortable enough and there were a couple of decent passages of play. In the end it looked like there were as many people supporting the Toon as QPR, solid enough performance and I think someone said Man City away next round.

Yeah looked two-footed as well if it was the one right by the touchline. Thought the ref was gonna send him off, in the end let him go off for treatment. Then Nile got booked for just rolling the ball back to where a freekick was supposed to be taken from  :rolleyes:

I even thought their goal was a bit dodgy, looked like our full back got shoved as they broke down the right, either way was comfortable enough.

5th Round

Ipswich Town / Crystal Palace v Watford

Liverpool v Chelsea

Sunderland AFC v Arsenal

Plymouth Argyle v Tottenham Hotspur

Everton v Norwich City

Manchester City v Newcastle United

Nottingham Forest v Bolton Wanderers

Cardiff City v Birmingham City

I thought Shane Ferguson looked promising. He didn't always get his crosses in at the right time, but he did show a lot of skill. Possibly too puny to make the top level, but you never know.

Tavernier didn't look like a defender, but looked very comfortable in possession. He could make the grade.

And last but not least, the beast. Ranger really is a very good athlete. He can move from a jog to top speed very quickly, and top speed is very fast.

Best player on the pitch though was their number 9, German. He caused us problems every time he had the ball.

I enjoyed that way more than any recent first team game (since Spurs). Did anyone else go drinking in the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush afterwards?

Agree with another poster that there were as many Toon as QPR there. It was also very easy to smuggle beer back to your seat! ;)

Good win. I may pop up to Darsley Park on Sunday and watch the U18's play Notts F that is if I am not wankered off Saturday night.

I'm gonna go aswell. Nowt else happening on Sunday afternoon.

i wouldn't go to Darsley park mate the match is at little benton not the training ground.

The Sixth Round Proper

Cardiff City/Birmingham City v Ipswich Town/Crystal Palace/Watford

Manchester City/Newcastle United v Everton/Norwich City

Plymouth Argyle/Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland/Arsenal

Liverpool/Chelsea v Nottingham Forest/Bolton Wanderers